The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

character screen won't load after update

grax40
grax40
Soul Shriven
I have been trying to fix this issue by going to the support page and trying everything that is listed and phrasing my questions in different ways. I have disabled add-ons,renamed their folders(btw add-ons were working before update)reinstalled launcher, verified game files, restarted computer, checked isp and ip address, checked firewall access, compatibilty, hardware requirements, software compatability, and some other things. It said that after update you will have (sometimes) long character loading of about 10-15 minutes. I waited 6 hours before I gave up. This has to be a server problem but I cannot find a fix for this if anyone can help please let me know. Very frustrated.
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is excruciatingly painful. I have not come across anything like this. At least not to the 6 hour mark...I have had no troubles in that way. My only suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall the entire game, or if you're able, try to repair all of the files in case something got corrupted.
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • grax40
    grax40
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks that is what I ended up doing but will still have to see if this fixes the problem. If not I will have to send ESO a dirty note. LOL