The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Log-in Broken?

• Randigo
    Randigo
    I realize it is almost certainly ZOS's fault that this has happened. However, I am happy to be back in the game again. I can report now that since my post yesterday, I have had no issues (zero) with logging in or playing. Regardless of the issues, I am glad that the Support Team did indeed get to my ticket and help me.

By the way, the instructions I received were somewhat technical, but I did a search online for the things I didn't already know how to do (primarily, configuring the router and its ports). Thanks all, and Have fun!!!

God bless,

Randall
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    My game session went 99% this morning...now it's back to the SOS.

I'm not messing with my router...etc. have no real issues as far as connectivity else where.

The issue is the game. IMO it acts like a VPN...it is a network of servers. The NETWORK is messed up. Fix it. Don't push the blame on the player?
    I know nutting....
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we have identified what's causing some of you to be unable to get past character load or stay connected for more than a short period of time. We're working on potential solutions, but please understand this may take some time. We understand this is frustrating, but appreciate your patience while we work on a fix for this.

From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362518/login-issues-on-na/p7
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to briefly explain what’s been going on with the North American server stability lately. In short, we’ve been getting hit with many repeated DDoS attacks (Distributed Denial of Service). When this happens, it floods our service and prevents you from being able to log in, stay connected, or even group properly. Sometimes they only affect a handful of players, and other times they can cause a much greater and widespread impact. Either way, it’s a frustrating situation.

While we do have protection in place (which we obviously can’t discuss publicly), it hasn’t been enough. We’ve been working hard to implement additional security measures to make sure you’re able to log in – and stay logged in – whenever you want to play, and aren’t interrupted. We hope you understand why we’re being somewhat vague and not discussing specifics here. We take this issue very seriously, though, and are working hard to ensure everyone has the best experience possible.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362924/recent-issues-with-na-megaserver#latest
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Acknowledging the response from Zos, and leaving my name for someone who cannot log in.
    PC/NA
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to have some kind of estimated time before it might be fixed. Like before the entire nights time is wasted.
  • JMD928
    JMD928
    Soul Shriven
    After performing the launcher and game repairs, as well as the router port forwarding, I continue to have log in issues as of yesterday afternoon. Hopefully their fix is on it's way.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also having login issues. I played all morning, left to go to store, came back and haven't been able to login since.

I've restarted client, rebooted computer, turned computer completely off and still having issues.

This happened last night as well but I figured it was time for bed anyway.

• ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Now my wife has been kicked out and is no longer able to get back in.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I CAN log into the EU server however.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue this morning. Can't log in again to the NA server.
  • macxim9929rwb17_ESO
    macxim9929rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here been trying for a while now
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't login and I'm getting different error numbers each time. I log into EU fine but if I try NA I just get a brief loading screen then can't login. I'm just going to uninstall because I'm out of patience and there are too many games to play.
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    SRTtoZ wrote: »
    Still can't login and I'm getting different error numbers each time. I log into EU fine but if I try NA I just get a brief loading screen then can't login. I'm just going to uninstall because I'm out of patience and there are too many games to play.

Same issue. On the verge of quiting this game soonish.
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    PC/NA Server: I was able to log in last night but can't log in today. First I got the Error 108 and now I'm getting Error 200. I checked the troubleshooting guide and made sure the Launcher and eso.exe was added to my firewall but still cannot log in. This problem started happening for me Thursday but on Thurs I could get in with a couple tries. Now nothing is helping.

PC/NA
  • Lazumi
    Lazumi
    I could log in to the NA server earlier today, but not now. I have repaired and can log into the EU server just fine, but cannot access the NA server. I have been having this problem off and on all week. Error 200(7:4.187:597).
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazumi wrote: »
    I could log in to the NA server earlier today, but not now. I have repaired and can log into the EU server just fine, but cannot access the NA server. I have been having this problem off and on all week. Error 200(7:4.187:597).

I'm in the same - UNRESOLVED - situation. But I can only login once every day or so and then the rest of the time I can't log in to the NA server. I CAN log into the EU server. And I CAN login IF I use a VPN, but not from my normal ISP. And my wife CAN login without VPN and her computer and internet (obviously) is the same as mine.

• Cpl_Picker
    Cpl_Picker
    Soul Shriven
    Any updates to this? Still can't login...
  • Danika
    Danika
    ✭✭✭
    Was not able to login last night...

no issues logging earlier today...

and, not able to login tonight...

amazing...
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    Here is a quote from GinaBruno on another thread (I think). Looks like DDoS attacks.
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to briefly explain what’s been going on with the North American server stability lately. In short, we’ve been getting hit with many repeated DDoS attacks (Distributed Denial of Service). When this happens, it floods our service and prevents you from being able to log in, stay connected, or even group properly. Sometimes they only affect a handful of players, and other times they can cause a much greater and widespread impact. Either way, it’s a frustrating situation.

While we do have protection in place (which we obviously can’t discuss publicly), it hasn’t been enough. We’ve been working hard to implement additional security measures to make sure you’re able to log in – and stay logged in – whenever you want to play, and aren’t interrupted. We hope you understand why we’re being somewhat vague and not discussing specifics here. We take this issue very seriously, though, and are working hard to ensure everyone has the best experience possible.

• ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

I'm in the same - UNRESOLVED - situation. But I can only login once every day or so and then the rest of the time I can't log in to the NA server. I CAN log into the EU server. And I CAN login IF I use a VPN, but not from my normal ISP. And my wife CAN login without VPN and her computer and internet (obviously) is the same as mine.

Just an update - I HAVE managed to get on a couple of times in a row after doing a REPAIR again. I had done one at the onset, but the problems persisted. I did another one this morning and was able to get in WITHOUT my VPN. I'll see if it still lets me get on when I get home from work tonight.
  • Danika
    Danika
    ✭✭✭
    Randigo wrote: »
    Here is a quote from GinaBruno on another thread (I think). Looks like DDoS attacks.
    Hi everyone,

Logged into ESO three times this morning. Was 1 for 3 getting into the game.

Returned to ESO at Morrowind release, with no issues logging in till last Friday...

Earlier this year was playing an online game that was experiencing DDoS, after 2-3 days it was dealt with and the game returned to normal operation, at least for me...

If this DDoS attacks, going to take a break to see if this issue get resolved.

• ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an update - I HAVE managed to get on a couple of times in a row after doing a REPAIR again. I had done one at the onset, but the problems persisted. I did another one this morning and was able to get in WITHOUT my VPN. I'll see if it still lets me get on when I get home from work tonight.

Complete fluke. Can't log in this evening and now my wife is having issues as well.