The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Log-in Broken?

• radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Tried login multiple times. Login successful. Select Character clicked play and then login timeout and sent me to login screen no error number. Please try again later. This has happen more then a dozen times now and is getting annoying and I want to play ESO especially MidYear Mayhem. I have also restarted numerous times now as well as repair client and nothing is working. Tried opening a support ticket and it won't allow me login to support portal. Unable to create a support ticket. Need some help here guys and and all help would be appreciated.
  • Out1s
    Out1s
    ✭✭
    have the same problem, log in and 1 or 2 min in game it kick's me out without any clue why...... -_-
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I'm home from work, I've managed to resolve my issue with logging into my main.

The game would stop responding within five seconds of logging in, and would subsequently time out after a certain period.
    I've managed to teleport out of Wrothgar to another zone by travelling to another guild member, in my case to Deshaan. I immediately made one more port to a sparsely populated area in Glenumbra, and have been logged in for a few minutes now.

Everything seems to be working.
    If you can, try hitting teleport or /stuck as SOON as you log in. The command should hopefully carry through, even if it disconnects you.

I will be avoiding Wrothgar for the foreseeable future.

@Out1s @radicalb21 @SilentRaven1972 @ParaNostram @Delila @Jeremy @Taysa @Gamplyr613 @VileDeeds77 @starlizard70ub17_ESO @Chakei @natefiaccob14_ESO @Lylith @Randigo @VagabondLife @Romo @Pixelz_PC @LLeeM

Sorry Juli'St, I can't link your name for some reason.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on July 27, 2017 3:25AM
  • Sereamha
    Sereamha
    Soul Shriven
    Friend is having the same problem. Resetting, repairing, rebooting and everything has done nothing to help the problem. They get kicked about one min after log on. They've submitted a ticket, but absolutely nothing so far is working.
  • Out1s
    Out1s
    ✭✭
    try to do what @Judas Helviaryn but nothing work, try to teleport and get stuck in the loading screen, and now i just pick up my main and get kicked in 2seconds -_-

edit: and i dont use any add-on... so... D:
    Edited by Out1s on July 27, 2017 4:55AM
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I'm home from work, I've managed to resolve my issue with logging into my main.

The game would stop responding within five seconds of logging in, and would subsequently time out after a certain period.
    I've managed to teleport out of Wrothgar to another zone by travelling to another guild member, in my case to Deshaan. I immediately made one more port to a sparsely populated area in Glenumbra, and have been logged in for a few minutes now.

If you can, try hitting teleport or /stuck as SOON as you log in. The command should hopefully carry through, even if it disconnects you.

@Out1s @radicalb21 @SilentRaven1972 @ParaNostram @Delila @Jeremy @Taysa @Gamplyr613 @VileDeeds77 @starlizard70ub17_ESO @Chakei @natefiaccob14_ESO @Lylith @Randigo @VagabondLife @Romo @Pixelz_PC @LLeeM

I thought they had fixed the issue with Wrothgar? Maybe it returned, but it was never an issue I had. The character I was attempting to load was a low level warden in Glenumbra. Also not a user of MM, so I think mine was just a temporary "one of those things", but if people are still being hit, there has to be something. My only issue now is hitching, and is either my processor (though it shouldn't be) or an add-on. I'm thinking of disabling Harvest Map, since I for some reason suspect it. Prior to that, the Loot Drop add-on was causing hitching, so was removed.

ETA: Make sure, on top of Gina's help/contact suggestion, put as much info here as possible. Maybe we can find a common culprit.
    Edited by SilentRaven1972 on July 27, 2017 10:30AM
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • JackOfAllGames
    JackOfAllGames
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having issues as well. Typically:
    • Right after logging in, I'm booted back to the login screen. No error, nothing.
    • The first time I try logging in again after getting kicked to the login screen, I get an error telling me that I'm already logged in.
    • Frequently, within the first minute or so of logging in, the first time I try interacting with the world, it works. The SECOND time though, it fails. Then I notice that I can't mount/dismount, abilities don't work, and I'm stuck waiting until...I'm kicked straight to the login screen. This has happened in many locations (primarily AD zones and Morrowind) on multiple characters.

Additionally, once or twice each, the game's booted me or frozen while loading the world (just after picking which character to use).

I tried logging into each of my characters earlier to do mount training, crafting research, and check mail. I nearly gave up after two characters. This has been ridiculous for the past 24-ish hours. This is definitely not normal game behavior.
    Edited by JackOfAllGames on July 27, 2017 12:34PM
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried:

1. Turn-off/unplug computer/modem several times at various times-- does not help.
    2. Run toons on EU server and come back to NA server--- does not help.
    3. I have 2 ISPs(DSL and Satellite), changing from one to the other --does not help.
    4. Tried repair several times-- does not help.
    5. Removed my 2 add-ons(shards and tomes)-- does not help.
    6. All toons are stationed in Vulkal Guard-- so the "Wrothgar" thing doesn't apply.

PC/NA usually, with now 10 toons, PC/EU now has 10 toons.

PC/NA get thru toon selection screen to log-in screen(Auridon screen with the pink flowered trees). Then back to password screen with the generic error message and if try to relog the "already logged-in" message.

PC/EU runs fine.

Just to test, started a new toon on EU, got thru the Vvard training scenario, no problems. Started new toon on NA, got thru the "design phase" and into training scenario-- crashed out at level 1 before could talk to first prisoner NPC, after multiple restarts with this toon got maybe 4 steps in the first room.... help!!!
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If rebooting didn't help, please submit a ticket with Support so they can begin troubleshooting with you. Thanks!

I had issues logging in, rebooted my pc and finally got in but the first time I went to a wayshrine to travel, I was immediately disconnected for inactivity. How can this even be? The problem with zenimax's troubleshooting template is that it asks for a report on our systems, tries to weed out any problems with our systems while everyone knows this is an ongoing issue with Elder Scrolls, not our systems.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I can get in now and then...but it doesn't last very long. Can usually get to the "list of characters"...but I might not be able to load one.
    I know nutting....
  • Pixlez_PC
    Pixlez_PC
    Soul Shriven
    Ok buddy was having same issue going on two days now, logs on then shortly after kicked to logon screen. He tried to port but never wold move him. He tried repair, reinstall, firewall, antivirus tweaks, you name it.

The fix we figured seems to be a result of some type of sync issue.
    1. I traveled to his location and had him quickly invite me to his group before he crashed since I could never see his character as registering online. The group took and he crashed once.
    2. He then logged back in and could only see me moving and not other players around him.
    3. I then started a duel with him, so far so good no crash..however anytime we moved more than 15-20 meters apart his character started fading like Michael J Fox in back Back to the Future.
    4. He then followed my character out of town to another wayshire then attempted to travel to me. His travel took and was successful and stayed logged in.
    5. I then traveled to another location via wayshire and he attempted the same and all worked. We then broke group and attempted several hops and some combat, his account is working again without issue.
    6. We are now back at my house on the deck drinking some digital alcohol celebrating, hope this helps someone or offers insight to the root of this problem.
    7. TempusFugit
      TempusFugit
      ✭✭✭
      erliesc wrote: »
      I can get in now and then...but it doesn't last very long. Can usually get to the "list of characters"...but I might not be able to load one.

FWIW, similar problems have/are being reported in a General ESO Discussions thread - > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362518/zos-fix-your-server-pc-na-again
      PC NA AD/DC/EP

Ash : "Klaatu Barada N... necktie... nectar... nickel... noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!"
    8. Radiance
      Radiance
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm still having this issue going on 24 hours now. I've tried rebooting and disabling Add-Ons, despite the fact I had been playing all night until the early hours the day before and After this latest patch so I don't understand what the problem could be! It is not my system and we all know it's not the Add-Ons. I've noticed several people on other threads mention It is most likely a "Routing Error" and that they have recently changed something. I don't know how to resolve such an issue, I shouldn't need a Degree in computer science to Play a Game. Please ZOS this is beyond opening a ticket when you have several people complaining about the same issue, YOU have a Problem. I just can't believe how much money I have put into this game! It started with an unbelievable lag after an update about 2-3 Weeks ago. Now it is completely inaccessible and I have no choice but to unSub because I'm literally paying for nothing. Your customers are dropping like Flies, time for action!
    9. Chakei
      Chakei
      ✭✭✭

I thought they had fixed the issue with Wrothgar? Maybe it returned, but it was never an issue I had. The character I was attempting to load was a low level warden in Glenumbra. Also not a user of MM, so I think mine was just a temporary "one of those things", but if people are still being hit, there has to be something. My only issue now is hitching, and is either my processor (though it shouldn't be) or an add-on. I'm thinking of disabling Harvest Map, since I for some reason suspect it. Prior to that, the Loot Drop add-on was causing hitching, so was removed.

ETA: Make sure, on top of Gina's help/contact suggestion, put as much info here as possible. Maybe we can find a common culprit.

I wasn't in Wrothgar and I'm pretty sure the add ons have nothing to do with it.
    10. SilentRaven1972
      SilentRaven1972
      ✭✭✭✭
      I've seen a lot of stuff that seems to work for a few players, but not the majority. According to another thread in General, they are looking into it since so many are reporting the problem, and it did happen right after they did console maint. and brought those servers back up. Can only wait, hope, and maybe try some of the multiple things suggested :(
      "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
    11. Delgent
      Delgent
      ✭✭✭
      Was able to play fine this morning before work. Just got home, now I can login, select a character, but then the game errors out during the zone loading screen.

One possible solution, please invest some of your cash crate revenue into your tech. I've been a big fan and overall supporter of ESO and the team since beta...but my patience is finally starting to wear thin. There's only so many times you can slap me around before I stop saying thank you Sir, may I have another?

To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
      SEEK AND DESTROY
    12. Randigo
      Randigo
      Ok, I received a response from the Support Team after I sent them my Game Consultant report. I did these things, and so far it is working. Here it is:

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/27/2017 03:13 PM
      "Hey there!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is ___, and I'd be happy to assist you today.

Thank you for sending us your Game Consultant report! After reviewing it, it seems you are not completely connecting to our servers! I have a couple troubleshooting steps to recommend for this. First, please add exceptions for ESO to your Anti-virus and Firewall.

I then recommend you configure your routers to open the following outbound ports:
      All Platforms
      TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
      TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
      TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
      TCP Port 80
      TCP Port 433  
      Steam (only open these ports if you are playing ESO through Steam)
      TCP / UDP Ports 27000 through 27015
      TCP / UDP Ports 27015 through 27030
      TCP / UDP Ports 27014 through 27050
      TCP / UDP Ports 27031 through 27036
      TCP / UDP Ports 27036 through 27037
      TCP / UDP Ports 4380
      If you have any questions about the port forwarding process, you should contact your Internet Service Provider for additional assistance.

Once you have done the above, please perform a DNS flush and power cycle your home network.

Operating systems and DNS (Domain Name System) clients will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS results in order to speed up requests to the same host name. Some of these results can be bad and cause your internet to communicate to certain hosts incorrectly. Flushing the DNS cleans out your machine's cached results, letting you start fresh by removing any bad cached host files.
      To flush your DNS:
      Open the Command Prompt. To do so, open your Windows taskbar or search bar and type "cmd".
      Double-click the cmd icon.
      You should now see the command window.
       Enter  "ipconfig  /flushdns" (without the quotes).
      Hit [Enter] and you should see a success message.
      Close out the command prompt window by typing "exit" and then hitting [Enter].
      To power cycle your home network:
      Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off and proceed to step 3.
      Turn off the DSL or cable modem for three minutes.
      Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem has one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem.
      Turn off all computers attached to your network.
      Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
      Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug in the router. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step
      Restart your computer(s).
      Let us know if the above steps have not resolved your issue! We will be more than glad to further assist you!

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
      ___
      The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    13. Delgent
      Delgent
      ✭✭✭
      Wow, that's a lot that they expect you to do. You could also do like I did...keep hammering away at the login until I finally got in. Once it finally let me in, I've been playing with no disconnects. I didn't reboot, configure my router, nothing. Just kept hammering away at the login until it let me in.

I've played ESO on the same router since beta. I can't believe (well, yes I can) they think that's the issue. I worked in IT for over 20 years in the military...we also used to use diversions with customers to buy us time to figure out what was actually going wrong on our end.

To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
      SEEK AND DESTROY
    14. Radiance
      Radiance
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Delgent wrote: »
      Wow, that's a lot that they expect you to do. You could also do like I did...keep hammering away at the login until I finally got in. Once it finally let me in, I've been playing with no disconnects. I didn't reboot, configure my router, nothing. Just kept hammering away at the login until it let me in.

I've played ESO on the same router since beta. I can't believe (well, yes I can) they think that's the issue. I worked in IT for over 20 years in the military...we also used to use diversions with customers to buy us time to figure out what was actually going wrong on our end.

EXACTLY This, Even when they do comment on forums they offer nothing more than "Has your issue been resolved?" Answering our bewilderment with more questions! We are not the game designers, you tell me if my your ineptitude causing "My issues" have been resolved! Then have the nerve to turn around and close other threads where people are socially interacting completely unrelated to their failing attempts at customer service. Ridiculous! Ban me, I can't play anyway lol
    15. VagabondLife
      VagabondLife
      ✭✭✭✭
      Guys. Try it. Just the DNS flush, at least. It worked for me. I just got my character out of her house for the first time since yesterday afternoon. And it literally took 2 seconds...

16. chrshale
      chrshale
      ✭✭
      Did a full restart on my PC and got in. maybe just a minor glitch?

Was just coming in here to suggest the same thing. Try completely rebooting your PC and see if that solves the issue.

Done that multiple times, still can't login
    17. chrshale
      chrshale
      ✭✭
      If rebooting didn't help, please submit a ticket with Support so they can begin troubleshooting with you. Thanks!

Your so-called support won't let me login.
    18. Rmmichael95
      Rmmichael95
      ✭✭

Great suggestion except zos isn't answering the ticket.
      Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
      50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
      50 Magicka Breton Templar
      50 Magicka Altmer Templar
      50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
      50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
      50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
      50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
      50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
      50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
      50 Argonian Balzing Shield
      50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
      50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
      50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
    19. Radiance
      Radiance
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      chrshale wrote: »

Your so-called support won't let me login.

Same here! I even went through about an hours effort trying @Randigo 's copy and paste response from ZOS and am still getting booted out after about a minute or so, I just don't know what else to do at this point... So much for the event, at least those with access will enjoy it... Maybe next year! Or not... I stopped playing during beta out of frustration for about 2 years and looks like I'm being driven off again due to inaccessibility. Why is my stress outlet more frustrating than real life!? Shouldn't cost money and my peace of mind! But hey, I finally reached LVL 2 on the forums thanks to all my complaining... Who gives AF!? So done... o:)<3>:)
    20. Rmmichael95
      Rmmichael95
      ✭✭
      @SmokesWithDovas - "I've disabled all my addons and currently I've had the same problem since yesterday, I am able to connect to the game and log in, but after about a minute or two I will get disconnected to login screen without an error message. Also when I am in the game, trying to look at cyrodil results in a blank screen that attempts to load, even using the map to try to look into cryodil wont load how it looks at the moment. Has anyone found any other fixes or has zenimax made a post reguarding this issue?"
      Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
      50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
      50 Magicka Breton Templar
      50 Magicka Altmer Templar
      50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
      50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
      50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
      50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
      50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
      50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
      50 Argonian Balzing Shield
      50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
      50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
      50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
    21. Wheyntheblacksmith_ESO
      Been trying all day, can get in maybe twice so far out of 100+ attempts. But when I am in, it either kicks me back out within seconds to only thing I can do is walk around and chat in Zone chat. No Guild chat, no whispers. Nothing. I don't even want to quest or anything because I am worried it will just kick me and I get a roll back. Get your *** straight ZOS, I will even help you pull your head out of your asses to do so. Did not pay 60 bucks for this game to not be able to play it.
    22. Ashnarug
      Ashnarug
      ✭✭✭
      Same here. It is only affecting the NA PC server. Able to log in to the EU server.
      However this morning everything seems to be working fine !
      Edited by Ashnarug on July 28, 2017 1:00PM
      During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
      In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
    23. leandro.800ub17_ESO
      leandro.800ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      I also have problems now in NA PC to login.
      Gets to requesting login and then back out.
    24. m12d12_ESO
      m12d12_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      The last few days, trying to play has been absolutely frustrating. Terrible latency and frame rate. Kicked off every few minutes and having increasingly worse log in issues.

Im on NA server and i have been offline for hours. I couldnt even log into these forums with out getting error messages.
      It is 9:29 am here and i am just fed up with trying to play this game.

Web Assistant is absolutely frustrating if you cant get on these forums. Some times a customer just needs to speak to a real-life person in customer service - or AtLEAST a direct email. If there is one it needs to be in a locale that is easy for a customer to find.

Call me old fashioned, but expect customer service to be easier to access than this.
      Accts
      mdzone5 cp 1051
      fragtaster cp 684
      lilly65 cp 652
      Almalexia 212
    25. Azurya
      Azurya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Randigo wrote: »
      Ok, I received a response from the Support Team after I sent them my Game Consultant report. I did these things, and so far it is working. Here it is:

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/27/2017 03:13 PM
      "Hey there!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is ___, and I'd be happy to assist you today.

Thank you for sending us your Game Consultant report!

BLA, BLA, BLA, BLA

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
      ___
      The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

Why didn´t you ask them why something that did work till yesterday, now does not function anymore, and how it comes that they think that YOU are responsible for that???
      What gives them the right to make you guilty, and they themselves don´t stand up and say: SORRY OUR FAULT, BUT WE WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!
      Edited by Azurya on July 28, 2017 1:41PM