Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 206 PatchManifestError_UnzipFailed Launcher issue

Shardan4968
Shardan4968
✭✭✭✭✭
I read that I must go into each subfolder (depot, game, vo_xx) and delete any remaining "patchdata" folders. But I don't see any folders with "patchdata" in name. I can't repair launcher because error stops it immediately. Please help! ;(

Edit: I bought Morrowind upgrade yesterday btw.
Edited by Shardan4968 on July 26, 2017 9:02AM
PC/EU
  • Samooja
    Samooja
    I dont have morrowind and have same issue. Nice, as I came back after 6months, and second day this hit me. Also bought eso plus, luckily for a month only. I can play by bypassing the launcher and starting directly from game exe, but that's like buying a car and dealer gives you ducttape to keep the car running.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange thing. This error just dissapear just a moment ago and I didn't do anything at all. I hope it won't come back tomorrow, tho.
    PC/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi Everyone,

For anyone still having Error 206 come up in the launcher, the problem appears to be anti-virus related. You will need to make sure the following folders are added as exceptions.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

For help with adding exclusions to F-Secure, please visit their support site.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

For anyone still having Error 206 come up in the launcher, the problem appears to be anti-virus related. You will need to make sure the following folders are added as exceptions.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

For help with adding exclusions to F-Secure, please visit their support site.

Not for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you'e made sure exceptions have been added in your anti-virus but are still getting this error, you will want to try the following troubleshooting next:
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Download the newest version of the ESO Launcher from Steam or from the ESO account site here: http://account.elderscrollsonline.com/.
    3. Locate your game installation folder:
      • Default location: C:\Program Files(x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online if launching from Steam.
    4. Go into each subfolder (depot, game, vo_xx) and delete any remaining "patchdata" folders.
    5. Open the launcher and try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post