The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Zergs zergs zergs.

LuminaLilly
LuminaLilly
✭✭✭✭
A little but of a rant about my first time back in cyrodiil since May.

I'm a solo player looking for some decemt small scale after doing battlegrounds for 2 months straight. I stepped into cyrodiil for 2x so. Boiii the zergs were bad. Gankers with healers, 8 man bank squads, radiant, c.c., root spammers, green bears EVERYWHERE. People running away from me but come back with a zerg and tbagging.

SometimesI get a decent 2vx if I pair up with a good stranger but dang, I thought zergs were bad for the past year, they got worse.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Cyrodiil was designed for large scale....

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

That's plain wrong. ZOS even launched a endgame prerelease page were they specifically emphasized how they want to incorporate all playstyles into cyrodiil - they even defined those playstyles as "solo", "small", "large" and hyped up all their future commitment on how all of those sytles are wanted and playable.

That endgame outlook was basically the reason for me to buy the game, so yeah, play how you want within a huge pvp map - thats what they advertized for.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 24, 2017 6:45PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's plain wrong. ZOS even launched a endgame prerelease page were they specifically emphasized how they want to incorporate all playstyles into cyrodiil - they even defined those playstyles as "solo", "small", "large" and hyped up all their future commitment on how all of those sytles are wanted and playable.

That endgame outlook was basically the reason for me to buy the game, so yeah, play how you want within a huge pvp map - thats what they advertized for.

Just because it was designed for large scale, which it was, doesn't mean it is excluding the other play types.

You just can't go in as a solo player or a small group and expect to only find other solo players or small groups.

"Hyped up all their future commitment":
    The answer Imperial City. This is much more solo and small scale friendly. Sure you might encounter a giant raid group in here but those have been few and far between lately, and the way this was designed promotes the smaller battles.

So yeah, play how you want, but don't get pissy about others playing how they want, especially when the map was designed in such a way that promotes what the 'zerg' is doing.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because it was designed for large scale, which it was, doesn't mean it is excluding the other play types.

You just can't go in as a solo player or a small group and expect to only find other solo players or small groups.

The answer Imperial City. This is much more solo and small scale friendly. Sure you might encounter a giant raid group in here but those have been few and far between lately, and the way this was designed promotes the smaller battles.

So yeah, play how you want, but don't get pissy about others playing how they want, especially when the map was designed in such a way that promotes what the 'zerg' is doing.

My guy.....theres ALWAYS a raid group in IC. solo play is dead due to all the changes. I posted tbis because it intrigues me how hard Zerglings go to kill one person to tbag them. Because they're incapable of doing it themselves.
    Edited by LuminaLilly on July 24, 2017 6:58PM
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guy.....theres ALWAYS a raid group in IC. solo play is dead due to all the changes. I posted tbis because it intrigues me how hard Zerglings go to kill one person to tbag them.

Not always on the campaigns I play in, anyway.

And I've spent a lot of time solo in Cyro/IC. You have to learn how to deal with it.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why getting so hyped up? You made a wrong statement. I corrected you. You proceed to pull some assumptions out of ur behind and throw them at me?

Can you communicate like an adult or are you not able to?
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plenty of empty servers during the off hours.

If you see 9 bars of pop what do you expect?
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why getting so hyped up? You made a wrong statement. I corrected you. You proceed to pull some assumptions out of ur behind and throw them at me?

Wooooooooooooooooo I am so hyped up. No reason to be a s'wit just because you think I am wrong.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guy.....theres ALWAYS a raid group in IC. solo play is dead due to all the changes. I posted tbis because it intrigues me how hard Zerglings go to kill one person to tbag them.

Not always on the campaigns I play in, anyway.

And I've spent a lot of time solo in Cyro/IC. You have to learn how to deal with it.

Best server for solo/small group play, is one where one faction is potatoing faction gates.

Why? You don't have to worry about faction score, and go off trying to push them at your home keep without running to far for quick battles or battles with cheese builds.

And lag is minimal.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on your feelings towards zergs:

Zergs can be seen as this
    zerg-rush.jpg

or zergs can be seen as this
    when_birds_attack_27.jpg
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wooooooooooooooooo I am so hyped up. No reason to be a s'wit just because you think I am wrong.

I'm playing this game since beta, and I think you are wrong in your personal interpretation of what ZOS advertized trying to fill the game with PvP folks, yes. Nonetheless, I never went on to tell you what you have to expect based on what I think is right or wrong.

That's a line adults usually are able to draw, respect for difference of perception vs belittleing of other's opinion. You instead went full ret*rd implying I don't know what I'm talking about.

Good luck with that attitude.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm playing this game since beta, and I think you are wrong in your personal interpretation of what ZOS advertized trying to fill the game with PvP folks, yes. Nonetheless, I never went on to tell you what you have to expect based on what I think is right or wrong.

That's a line adults usually are able to draw, respect for difference of perception vs belittleing of other's opinion. You instead went full ret*rd implying I don't know what I'm talking about.

I've been here since beta too. So what?

I'll let you know when I care what you think.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe I care a little, basically calling me childish and you're throwing around "***" (r-word you had to mask to get past filters).

That's classic.

Edited by Sigtric on July 24, 2017 7:48PM

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been here since beta too. So what?

I'll let you know when I care what you think.

That`s okay for me, some people prefer to stay clueless & miserable all of their existence. I`m pretty sure they don`t care either.

Love.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 24, 2017 7:55PM
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tip of the day:
    If you are looking for a girlfriend don't go looking for one in a pub full of guys. :)

My point is, if you really want to solo play and you are always getting zerged down then you are in the wrong place. There are some low pop campaigns you can try, and even another server; or you can learn how to 1 vs 10, I bet that would be fun if you are good enough.

Edited by vamp_emily on July 24, 2017 8:10PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Tip of the day:
    If you are looking for a girlfriend don't go looking for one in a pub full of guys. :)

My point is, if you really want to solo play and you are always getting zerged down then you are in the wrong place. There are some low pop campaigns you can try, and even another server; or you can learn how to 1 vs 10, I bet that would be fun if you are good enough.

1v10 ing is impossible nowadays. You know i would if it were even possible.
    Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    Depending on your feelings towards zergs:

Zergs can be seen as this
    zerg-rush.jpg

or zergs can be seen as this
    when_birds_attack_27.jpg

How zergs see themselves
    zerg-rush.jpg

What zergs actually are
    when_birds_attack_27.jpg
    [/quote]
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want small fights as a solo player? Wait for one of your factions keeps to lose a resource and then go take it back. If there are too many bad guys report it in zone and go somewhere else.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • MikeMeezy77
    I'd love to have some small scale play in cyrodill, this week it is basically non-existent. It'd be cool to have something like battlegrounds but with CP. That should tone down the prob builds a bit which makes it more of a battle
    Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh you done triggerd the whole community now
    Options
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well tbh Cyro is for large scaled PVP, BG's are for small scaled PVP.

Zergs happen and will keep happening with how Cyro is setup.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely play however you want, but you might run into 30-40 people playing how they want. There's no downside to massive numbers.
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately you said it yourself. Play as you want. So they do exactly that. The want to kill with ease so they bunch up.

Trust me i feel as u do and get triggered, but now there is battlegrounds. You want a consistent gair fight it will be tough open world. Stick to BGs.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergs always lose to a few well coordinated groups.

Zergs all attack 1 keep, those small groups go in their territory and take 3.

The problem becomes when 2 alliances stop attacking 1 another and both go full zerg on the other alliance.

Frame rates drop, server starts dropping people and it makes it impossible to do anything.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have one campaign on Xbox EU that get's played. Yellows are always pop locked.

This week has been no different than usual
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    We have one campaign on Xbox EU that get's played. Yellows are always pop locked.

This week has been no different than usual

This must be a joke right, I play same server and all the alliances.
    Red is biggest Zerg, then blue (kings legion), finally yellows in last place especially at night time.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often, how you think is the result you get. If, for example you are presented with a situation and look for the negative aspects, you'll get negative aspects.

So instead of complaining about zergs in cyrodiil, you know the area that was designed for raid v raid fights look for positive outcomes.

If that doesnt work, you'll need to learn the secret of steel, the gods left it on the battle field....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_et1rgL3e5s
    Edited by Malic on July 29, 2017 4:41AM
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally found another person who understands how pvp works o:)
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Yeah iam a solo player as well but these dam zergs seem to follow me everywhere
    Options
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zergs are vicious af but you can deal with it in a duo if you're committed to learning and adapting

Solo you will run into way more BS that you actually can't deal with no matter what however
    Options