The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

In PvP, who under preforms?

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In my opinion, the stam sorc and magicka nightblade under preform. This is merely in your experience, while there are no wrong answers if you say magic sorc then you're a dip. Please provide some reasoning for these as well.

Stam sorc; it has like no class abilties, it's mostly just weapon skills

nightmage; They get messed to easily, and in comparison to stamblade there is little competition
Edited by NyassaV on July 23, 2017 6:15PM
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is very strong. Best mobility in the game, aoe dot that follows them, anti nb, very good sustain via dark deal.

Magicka nb aren't too great in open world, they're the zerg busters, one of the best 1v1 classes, not too bad in a group actually.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs might seem weak, but in the right hands (yes, you really REALLY R E A L L Y need to l2p this class) they're really strong.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc :trollface:

imo, I think the DK, both Mag & Stam, could use some lovin' from ZOS.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Mag Sorc :trollface:

imo, I think the DK, both Mag & Stam, could use some lovin' from ZOS.

Not sure if the second part was a troll again or not :trollface:
    PS4 EU DC

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im wrecking people in my magi NB, I mean its a FAIR class meaning I have to work for the solo kills and there are plenty of counter play options but overall, with the exception of perhaps soul assault, its balanced as a solo roaming class.

Stam NB has fantastic synergies on nearly everything, and with the right race passive you're the king of burst DPS.

Overall im pretty happy with my magi NB in all situations. It seems to be in a decent spot overall.

Under performing? Not seeing a lot of stamplars though, repentence really made them obsolete for small group play. Im not taking one on a duo either unless he's tanking.

Edited by Malic on July 23, 2017 6:24PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    In my opinion, the stam sorc and magicka nightblade under preform.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light armor regardless of the class you play is certainly more challenging...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is incredibly powerful. Class abilities do not just have to be damage dealing to be effective. Stamina sorcerer has incredible passives that give it both the highest natural stat based sustain and also damage (raw damage, not crits), surge which may as well be as good as major mending, hurricane which is one of the most bang-for-your-buck skills in the game (armor, mobility , potent pbaoe dot), overload for a third bar (I always have trap beast and caltrops with no sacrifice) implosion which can proc on any physical damage, and of course dark deal which is one of the most powerful skills in the game period if used right. As one of the classes that can sustain easily on heavy, stam sorc is naturally powerful thanks to how damn good heavy can be on stamina.

I'm running a heavy armor dot stam sorc right now and it's easily one of the strongest builds I've played in a while.

While I don't play a mageblade, I can say that this class is both one of the best 1v1 and also one of the best large raid specs (the single best damage spec). So it excels on both ends of the spectrum, and is great in the middle as long as you have a skilled player at the helm.

So yeah...no. Both these classes are phenomenal. Imo the classes are very balanced right now, and each variation of each class can excel in the right hands.

Edit: and ofc...streak. One of the best damn skills in the game. As I like to say...few things are as powerful in PvP as choosing where to fight.
    Edited by CyrusArya on July 23, 2017 6:34PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Me!! I am terrible at pvp no matter what class I am playing.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the forums:

Warden is OP
    Sorc is OP
    NB is OP
    DK is OP

I haven't read a Templar is OP thread in a while

I vote Templar
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any class under performing. Magicka and stamina Dks are sstrong, never had a problem with them. Stamina and magicka sorceror is also strong. Magicka and stamina nbs are wrecking face all over. Templars, no problem. Wardens will put your face in the dirt if the land their burst. This is strictly PvP.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the forums:

Warden is OP
    Sorc is OP
    NB is OP
    DK is OP

I vote Templar

^^Exactly lol.

Btw, Stamplar is strong and Mag Templars make up 90% of the healer role :lol:

In other words, Class Balance as a whole is pretty great right now.

Before the wave of salt crashes on me of everyone saying Mag Sorc/Mag Warden Cliff Racers are super OP and everything they play is weak..... please enter Cyrodiil and notice that there is a pretty equal distribution of classes in PvP with only Warden being uncommon.
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    stam NB is still king, there are like 100000000 NB around in Cyrodiil, one would think that the class is OP even , witch it is
    Hope balance will come soon, game cant stay like this else will die and server will close
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I play small group Stamplar daily as my PvP main. I tell our healer (if we have one) to take repentance off so I can get my stam from bodies. IMO magblade is the most underwhelming..it's a very niche class and without VD, Alchemist, and destro ulti they feel like a liability..unless we need someone to cloak away and get a camp up. Don't see many around that aren't sacrificial bombers.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ceridwynne wrote: »
    Me!! I am terrible at pvp no matter what class I am playing.

Yep. Me too. But love it anyway - have managed to get 9 (nine) kills so far this event which has amazed me.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything can be played well with a bit of skill and foresight. In BGs, you can always lean against proc sets like the crutch that they are.

However, if I had to choose an underperforming setup, stamina DKs.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    let me just clarify, stam sorc as a class under preforms. They are powerful because of weapon skills, Hurricane does very little damage
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    let me just clarify, stam sorc as a class under preforms. They are powerful because of weapon skills, Hurricane does very little damage

Its not just damage that makes a class, its utility and other effect. Sustain/ mobility/ passives, stam sorc have passives that increase their dmg as well.
    PS4 EU DC

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the forums:

Warden is OP
    Sorc is OP
    NB is OP
    DK is OP

I vote Templar

@Waffennacht Templars are by far the most annoying class to encounter in Cyrodiil. Even more so than Sorcerers, who camp mines and heavy attack while pets are tuning you up. Meanwhile you're taking passive damage from curse explosions and C-Frags. Why? Because Templars can melt you from a distance with a Hyper Beam. Plus, have I mentioned the annoying fact that Breath of Life isn't interruptible? "Oh, well my HP is at 5%. Let me go on ahead and just press this button, and voila! 60% HP. Let me press it again, and I'm Gucci." :|
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    According to the forums:

Warden is OP
    Sorc is OP
    NB is OP
    DK is OP

I vote Templar

@Waffennacht Templars are by far the most annoying class to encounter in Cyrodiil. Even more so than Sorcerers, who camp mines and heavy attack while pets are tuning you up. Meanwhile you're taking passive damage from curse explosions and C-Frags. Why? Because Templars can melt you from a distance with a Hyper Beam. Plus, have I mentioned the annoying fact that Breath of Life isn't interruptible? "Oh, well my HP is at 5%. Let me go on ahead and just press this button, and voila! 60% HP. Let me press it again, and I'm Gucci." :|

Fine, they're all OP lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    who underperforms the most? gamers.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who underperforms in PvP? The guy that comes in wearing light armor and does not have any stun/snare reducing sets or radiant magelight slotted. I have a feeling these are the same people complaining that everyone is OP.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The guy who just got killed and comes whining into the forums demanding the thing that killed him get nerfed.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Read carefully here. Nightblades CAN BE/are the weakest class. NB's don't have in my opinion the same breadth and range of options the other classes have. There are some very strong NBs out there and they all run the meta or close to meta and all have very similar playstyles. For NB it's pretty much meta or get crushed more often than not.

Also, even with a strong NB they wouldn't be my first choice for a duel given what the other classes can do. Like someone above quickly mentioned, stam sorcs can maul and kill NBs without too much effort with their typhoon of DPS, especially in a duel. Also since NBs basically live and die by their burst, the other classes with their tanking prowess and mag sorcs with shields and harden wards (and nasty burst) can be a pain for even a good NB player.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    in comparison to magSorc everyone underperforms. all hail the master race.
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is really well balanced at the moment.

If i had to pick something, I'd say that
    1. stam DKs who aren't specced for tanking could use a DPS passive to bring them in line
    2. stam NBs could use some more group utility to bring them in line
    3. mag wardens could use some form of CC to bring them in line

Of those 3, i think mag wardens are the most underperforming. In the right hands they can be deadly... but that player could do even more as a magsorc running resto ult. especially in group situations.

Stam DKs are underperforming as DPS's, but they still make the best tanks in the game.. just got to spec them to their strengths.
    Stam NBs dont bring much to a group, but they are more solo style anyway...
    Edited by Thogard on July 24, 2017 6:20AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both mag and stam warden. The only thing they are good at is spamming undodgeable birds.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Both mag and stam warden. The only thing they are good at is spamming undodgeable birds.

Stam warden performs really really well in the right hands. And usually those hands dont bother to slot birds.
    Edited by Thogard on July 24, 2017 6:23AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking about mNB being bad, yet 9/10 emperors are mNB...
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non Meta underperforms.
    Gear with no Jewelry underperforms. And Zos can take simple actions to introduce variety. Don't know why they don't.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 24, 2017 6:41AM