The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Alliance change? Please, zos? :(

EC_Rob
EC_Rob
✭✭✭
Hello,

Is that alliance change we've heard so much about coming? Or is it a hoax... I personally would really like one as I've started playing pvp on a different faction than my main character and the first few of my characters all together. And as I dont want to play on the other factions anymore, I can't actually pvp with my main character..

Wich is a thing I find quite a shame.

Thank you for any answers!

EmstCntRob.
@EC_Rob
GM of Nirn Traders (PC-EU)
GM of Aetherius Trade (PC-EU)
GM of Sovngarde Traders (PC-EU)

Keep it causal, enjoy your games.
Kill in good spirit, die in good spirit.

Magicka Templar since 2014. Breton master race forever.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance change sounds more realistic and viable. I mean if one could change their race from a cat to a lizard, it should be easy to change the aligeance :p
  • EC_Rob
    EC_Rob
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly!

Its what we want, I'd pay crowns for it no problem.

Regards,

EmstCntRob
    @EC_Rob

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. I'd like to be able to switch Alliance on a couple of my builds. It isn't as simple as "creating a new build" as I'm just about maxed out over two accounts! Things change, you meet new people, etc. You really ought to be able to buy a token to change race, class, and alliance.

I'd love to see that. There's really no argument against it. :smiley:
  • EC_Rob
    EC_Rob
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand the problem as to people simply changing sides when the other is winning, but its easy to fix. Like you cant home a campaign until it resets or something simple like that.
    Edited by EC_Rob on July 23, 2017 9:37AM
    @EC_Rob

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay a few crowns for this. So many characters I have that I wanted to play with some friends of mine but since they play on different alliance I simply can´t.
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I reckon ZoS will do it eventually anyways as it's more money in their back pocket. It should have a large cooldown though so you can't just keep switching alliances every day :P
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, can you please add alliance change option ?

- No... we will instead unblock Alliance locked campaigns so you could assign characters from different factions to the same camping and re-log (team switch) when your team is loosing. This will totally not make larger PvP guilds to re-log and steer whole campaigns making the end result rigged leading to one side winning over and over... :|

*sarcasm*

Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 23, 2017 10:52AM
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's necessary. You can already play any race in any alliance with the upgrade, and if you really want to play with a certain group, you can re-roll whatever race you want in that particular alliance.
    Is it a pain in the butt to have to relevel and earn achievements, skyshards, and lorebooks over again? Yes, it is. But there's your natural consequence to deciding to uproot and change sides. This coming from someone who is redoing everything because I swapped from AD to EP because all my friends and my PvP guild are EP side.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make the change permanent and "one time only" per character. I don't think people would be bothered to pay real money just to switch to winning side since the scores can flip pretty quickly. Myself I would love to get my new main from DC into AD where the rest of my characters are. I don't know why I invested so much time on a character in an alliance I don't feel like I belong being an altmer. And re-rolling isn't an option for everyone. I don't get much playtime so for me to go from lvl 1 to lvl 50 takes over a month, and no. I don't have a s**** ton of gold to pay people to make me a training gear and buy overpriced XP pots and I'm not a fan of grinding skyreach. I prefer to develop my characters naturally. So please ZoS. I'd happily spend some Crowns on a one time alliance change.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us join the Empire then I might consider supporting it.
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    I second this. Its not easy re-rolling characters with 300 skill points and alot of titles/achivements.
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason i'd want this is to collect all lore books :p
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - "reroll".

Some of us don't and never will have the time to reroll.

I would pay cash to move my Altmer Sorc to my main alliance since I now have the any race any alliance.

What I will never have time to do is reroll and level up undaunted, legerdemain sneak passives, skill points etc.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to switch. My first character is an AD night blade, fully levelled, and also my crafter.

But I'll never play AD in PvP while they keep woodcapping. I'd like to play NB again, but it seems pointless levelling another when I already have one...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a race change on one character from Breton to Dark Elf, and it's weird that my Dark Elf is still Daggerfall Covenant. I'd love an alliance change just for this reason. Really, the race change tokens should automatically come with an alliance change as well.
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this too. My main Is DC and it would be great to switch him especially for PvP purposes. He's got the highest rank and rather than start again with a new character (which I'm doing) it would be nice to be able to just change alliances.
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this never happens
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    1000% for this! I would love to move all my characters into DC to PvP and would be happy to pay crown for the opportunity to change faction.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be a problem if they gated it pretty hard: one time only per character would work, but maybe better if we could only do it at all for one week. Maybe one week once a year. Mass re-shuffle and everybody comfy at home.

I feel bad for people with high-lvl alts stranded in the "wrong" alliance. I actually DID reroll a bunch of times so I could get all of mine in one place and it's a massive timesuck.
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would only want an alliance change if it had a couple of big restrictions to preventing PvP guilds from faction hopping whenever it suited them.

Once of the worst events to happen in ESO PvP history was a certain cancerous guild of people moving from their alliance to the most populous alliance (at the time) and teaching all the zerglings in that new alliance how to use every exploit and play in the most miserable, exploitative way possible. PvP never morally recovered from that event as people copied reprehensible tactics that were allowed simply because ZOS didn't fix exploits in a timely manner or enforce the rules.

I still think it would be doable but with the following restrictions.

1. You can only switch ONE TIME per account.
    2. You choose an alliance and the game switches ALL of your characters to that alliance. Forever.
    3. Any switched characters get their PvP titles and rank reset (including removal of "former emperor" title)

Now that we have one tamriel and i can PvE group with anyone, I would love to switch up a few of my EP characters to DC so I could use them in PvP without feeling dirty. I wouldn't mind starting at zero AP rank so that I could level them up honorably bathing them in the blood of EP and AD. Also wouldn't mind paying a sizable amount of crowns for the service. Anything to remove the stench of EP from my account entirely .
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on July 23, 2017 6:36PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a whole new Templar since the last time I posted about an alliance chance so I think you're best bet is just to make a new character
  • Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭
    Bad idea.

It would serious mess up the lore aspect of it if you have even started the alliance storylines.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roovin wrote: »
    Bad idea.

It would serious mess up the lore aspect of it if you have even started the alliance storylines.

Lore? What Lore? Moving your character is all. You can quest in any zone as it is already. You can make character in any faction as well. Get out of here. lol!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea.

Changing race is not "messing up lore"?
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay to change my alliance.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea.

Heh, you can already make any race in any faction. That feature has been here for a long time. It's far more unrealistic to believe nobody ever changed sides during a war.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming soon at the Clown $tore for $20 per character.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    Coming soon at the Clown $tore for $20 per character.

I'd happily pay that price to be able to play in Cyro with all my friends, RL and otherwise.
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem with this. You make friends as you play the game, and a lot of those friends are going to be in a different alliance. Rerolling shouldn't really be the solution..
    RogueShark wrote: »
    But there's your natural consequence to deciding to uproot and change sides.

It's a game, lol.
    Edited by ecru on July 23, 2017 11:16PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a timer on it, people can do it once in a blue moon.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!