Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The luxury vendor is too expensive,

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
but the implementation is more than awesome!!! First 'event' in an MMO I look forward to, and on a weekly basis. All those hot, sweaty people crammed into Cicero's, guessing at what it will be this week, roleplaying greedy merchants <sigh>.

Seriously, very neat concept.

Hopefully the luxury vendor is simply a year long exclusivity, after which items will be released in recipe form. The prices leave out the vast majority of players, which I think is a shame. I also use alot of the things I buy for building blocks, and wish there were more available. the statue bases and stuff.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea of them eventually turning into recipes.

As far as the price, I've found some of it to be "wait, how is that worth THAT much" and some of it to be reasonable.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

As far as the price, I've found some of it to be "wait, how is that worth THAT much" and some of it to be reasonable.

Agreed. I was ok paying 100k each for the DB stained glass windows. Not so keen on 57k for the coffin. It isn't even one of the really cool, ornate coffins found throughout Tamriel.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I was ok paying 100k each for the DB stained glass windows. Not so keen on 57k for the coffin. It isn't even one of the really cool, ornate coffins found throughout Tamriel.

Kinda makes one wonder how the heck they decide pricing on things.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a moneysink. so yeah its in the concept. well its called luxury for a reason
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still wondering about the different price model. It was most noticeable when one week, the statues for sale were 25K, and the next week, the remaining ones in the set were 27k. Used to be even price points - 5,000, 7,500, 10,000, etc. Now, it's 8,125? Just...why the change?

Also, is it me, or did they change the way he looks? I swear he had grey/white hair in a short ponytail before - no beard, and was wearing something other than MW clothing.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Still wondering about the different price model. It was most noticeable when one week, the statues for sale were 25K, and the next week, the remaining ones in the set were 27k. Used to be even price points - 5,000, 7,500, 10,000, etc. Now, it's 8,125? Just...why the change?

Also, is it me, or did they change the way he looks? I swear he had grey/white hair in a short ponytail before - no beard, and was wearing something other than MW clothing.

Whose, "he?"
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whose, "he?"

"He" would obviously (from the thread's subject) be Zanil Theran in Cicero's Food & General Goods within the Hollow City of Coldharbour on weekends -- i.e. the Luxury Furnishing Vendor.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Whose, "he?"

"He" would obviously (from the thread's subject) be Zanil Theran in Cicero's Food & General Goods within the Hollow City of Coldharbour on weekends -- i.e. the Luxury Furnishing Vendor.

Oh, thank you. I can't even picture what he looks like let alone if anything changed. Even if I were that observant, it's impossible to see him in that crush of people.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Whose, "he?"

Oh, thank you. I can't even picture what he looks like let alone if anything changed. Even if I were that observant, it's impossible to see him in that crush of people.

Yeah, I don't have a clue what he looks like either :)

Although I have commented before about the pricing oddities and how it was interesting they started after the break where he didn't show up because he was broken... that I did notice :)
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 25, 2017 12:16AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one day I'll have the money for luxury items :)
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    It was my 1st time visiting him. 8125 was pretty good price for the 2 items he had in there.
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Depends, to me some are definitely worth the high price while others aren't it mostly depends on personal tastes
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was my 1st time visiting him. 8125 was pretty good price for the 2 items he had in there.

The last two weeks have been somewhat of an anomaly. I totally agree, though, I bought 6 of the chandeliers because they are bright and cause a room to flicker like irl.

The daedric thrones were meh.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are too expensive for me :(
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You usually only need 100-150k a week to buy everything, which isn't a lot at all. It's supposed to be a gold sink.

There are many times I'm sitting at 0 gold when I realise I want what he's selling that week. 1-2 hours later I have the gold.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 26, 2017 7:50AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You usually only need 100-150k a week to buy everything, which isn't a lot at all. It's supposed to be a gold sink.

There are many times I'm sitting at 0 gold when I realise I want what he's selling that week. 1-2 hours later I have the gold.

How do you do that kind of money ?
    Edited by Morgul667 on July 26, 2017 8:05AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I just farm mats (you need to be in a good trading guild to sell them quickly though). If you're not in any trading guilds, then just run around a public dungeon killing Imperial mobs (dungeons with Imperial mobs are Vile Manse, Razaak's Wheel, and Crimson Cove).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 26, 2017 8:43AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just farm mats (you need to be in a good trading guild to sell them quickly though). If you're not in any trading guilds, then just run around a public dungeon killing Imperial mobs (dungeons with Imperial mobs are Vile Manse, Razaak's Wheel, and Crimson Cove).

Thanks, unrefined mats ?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, unrefined mats ?

Yep.

If you're on PC, download this add-on (make sure to read step #8): http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html

Also grab some gear that will help you sprint without tiring (such as Fiord, Darkstride, or Prisoner). You can just buy the sets for cheap from traders (any trait and quality is fine). Make sure you have a speed boost or gap closer as well (I use Rapid Maneuvers).

If you're going to grind Imperial mobs in a public dungeon, then just wear any set of Prosperous or Impenetrable gear.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 26, 2017 1:52PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, unrefined mats ?

Yep.

If you're on PC, download this add-on (make sure to read step #8): http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html

Also grab some gear that will help you sprint without tiring (such as Fiord, Darkstride, or Prisoner). You can just buy the sets for cheap from traders (any trait and quality is fine). Make sure you have a speed boost or gap closer as well (I use Rapid Maneuvers).

If you're going to grind Imperial mobs in a public dungeon, then just wear any set or Prosperous or Impenetrable gear.

Thanks for sharing :-)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not expensive, it is luxury items you know!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they are called a LUXURY vendor for a reason... it's the vendor where only the wealthy can afford to shop.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all and everything in this game is too expensive!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The prices leave out the vast majority of players, which I think is a shame. I also use alot of the things I buy for building blocks, and wish there were more available. the statue bases and stuff.

I don´t see the point were the prices leave out the vast majority of players, for it is not that hard to make few 100tsd gold a week easily, but yeah therfor you have to leave your cosy home and do something!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

The prices leave out the vast majority of players, which I think is a shame. I also use alot of the things I buy for building blocks, and wish there were more available. the statue bases and stuff.

I don´t see the point were the prices leave out the vast majority of players, for it is not that hard to make few 100tsd gold a week easily, but yeah therfor you have to leave your cosy home and do something!

First rule of MMOs and, well, life in general. Only a small percentage of the population can make bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw

Why? Because the amount of resources required for everyone to have the good life can't be extracted. IRL, the standard of living continually increases on average across the world, primarily due to advances in technology. In MMOs, the game company's goal is to keep people playing using time sinks. Gold in and gold out is balanced to maintain some of the time sinks.

Most people will tell you that they are able to make somewhere in the range of 10k-20k on average per hour. That would mean you need to farm gold for 15-30 hours a week to make 300k...

Luxury vendor items will run you on average 110k gold a week. Sometimes a bit less and sometimes a bit more. Then there are all those other things you need to, you know, have fun.

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can even resell to people that missed it at a higher rate ofcourse plus tax etc handling fees.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 27, 2017 10:20PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can even resell to people that missed it at a higher rate ofcourse plus tax etc handling fees.

Anyone selling the anvil from the god related furnishings??? At a reasonable price, for your good friend, yes Khajiit?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. I spent nearly 500k on around 10 wedding flowers recently. This would have cost me 25k at the vendor, if I didn't miss him.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

This. I spent nearly 500k on around 10 wedding flowers recently. This would have cost me 25k at the vendor, if I didn't miss him.

I work out of town a lot and cannot be bothered to drag my xbox around with me so usually if I cannot get on I get my guildmaster to buy the item then pay them back when I get back.
    Xbox One Na
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,