The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vigilant Defender?

Dread_Guy
Dread_Guy
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know how to get this medal on Domination? The description for it is really vague
"My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)

Best Answers

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get roughly 100 defensive point when people attack a flag you're at and you kill them hence defending your flag.

Then you need to do that 5 times
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement Vigilant Defender:
    "Earn your first Vigilant Defender Medal while defending a Capture Point in a Domination match"

Vigilant Defender Medal:
    "Earn 500 defense points at a capture point (Repeatable)"

I have wondered too what this means, as its vague as F.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Could we please get a more detailed explanation to what this means? Not sure what defense points entails. Is it take damage while defending? Defensive kills? Defensive heals? All of the above?

My best guess:

There are "defensive" metals available in Domination. Each of those medals gives you points toward your individual score. The Vigilant Defender Medal appears to be awarded when you get 500 points from those lower value defensive metals.

This aligns with my experience in that the one time I clearly remember being awarded this was toward the end of a Domination match, when I went to the middle flag and prevented the other team from taking it.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Achievement requirements are much better to understand in the german client.
    I do a free translation so u get the point.

"During a domination match earn 1000points while defending a flag".

Gotto go to bgs now and test it.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    same question
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its defending a point while someone else is attempting to capture it after you, and possibly remaining there after you have eliminated the threat. I am not near my Desktop PC, and logged in to check whether I got this medal or not, but I have stayed at a point I've recently captured defending it against 3-4 enemies, and have taken them out. I would imagine that is the case. Somewhere in ZoS HQ there has been issues with text in Patch notes that has been grammar checked by the community. This is possibly one of those cases.
    #NoEasyProps
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @H4RDFOX I've done that, but all I got was a dauntless defender.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know as well
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone quote the in game description here? I won't be on for awhile.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Achievement Vigilant Defender:
    "Earn your first Vigilant Defender Medal while defending a Capture Point in a Domination match"

Vigilant Defender Medal:
    "Earn 500 defense points at a capture point (Repeatable)"

I have wondered too what this means, as its vague as F.

Could we please get a more detailed explanation to what this means? Not sure what defense points entails. Is it take damage while defending? Defensive kills? Defensive heals? All of the above?
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps I've never seen the medal description before you wrote that so thank you. Do you think it's possible they mean hold one objective point during the duration of a victory? If that's the case then it's almost impossible
    Edited by Dread_Guy on July 25, 2017 12:50AM
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps I've never seen the medal description before you wrote that so thank you. Do you think it's possible they mean hold one objective point during the duration of a victory? If that's the case then it's almost impossible

No that would not be able to be repeatable.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no help here?

Is BG kind of like the red headed step child?

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the achievement a while ago in a random bg match. Will upload the screenshot with all medals earned when im at home.

But afair i just killed 10ppl on one flag ^^
    Options