The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Green cooking recipes - what do you do with them?

Astarana
Astarana
✭✭✭
I learned probably 99% of green cooking recipes on my main and most of them my alt. I keep getting those drop everywhere I go and when I try to sell them at Guild Trader they sit there for days because unless I sell them for 9g nobody is buying them (Xbox, NA). So, what do people do with all the extra green recipes? I kind of feel bad selling them to regular merchants, but at this point they just take all of the space in my inventory.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sell them to merchants. No point in them clogging up your inventory or having them sit forever in a guild store.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in awhile I do a green recipe "free to a good home" in the starter zones for new players.

You'd be surprised how appreciative some new players are ... and maybe make new friends along the way.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Every once in awhile I do a green recipe "free to a good home" in the starter zones for new players.

You'd be surprised how appreciative some new players are ... and maybe make new friends along the way.

That's a good idea. Might do that.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    vendor or trash them. No use at all.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 6 Green Recipes? I vendor them.

All other recipes are worth selling in the guild stores. Tiers 1 to 5, Greens can get high 2 figures to 3 figures, Blue and Purples 4 figures and 5 figures.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    99.999% of my recipes are pretty worthless since I use only one epic quality recipe on a regular basis. The only other benefit is when *** my morning, crafting writs. Other than that ... I see no benefit. Drink recipes are even more worthless (IMO) since they are weaker than food recipes and can't be used in conjunction with food. Nice to have but never used.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    99.999% of my recipes are pretty worthless since I use only one epic quality recipe on a regular basis. The only other benefit is when *** my morning, crafting writs. Other than that ... I see no benefit. Drink recipes are even more worthless (IMO) since they are weaker than food recipes and can't be used in conjunction with food. Nice to have but never used.

The *** means "doing." Not sure why the word "doing" needed a substitute.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Astarana wrote: »
    I learned probably 99% of green cooking recipes on my main and most of them my alt. I keep getting those drop everywhere I go and when I try to sell them at Guild Trader they sit there for days because unless I sell them for 9g nobody is buying them (Xbox, NA). So, what do people do with all the extra green recipes? I kind of feel bad selling them to regular merchants, but at this point they just take all of the space in my inventory.

I'm assuming that just having a lot of recipes will reach some sort of achievement for having them. I see no other use for the vast majority of them.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The *** means "doing." Not sure why the word "doing" needed a substitute.

You left the letter i off which changed the meaning a bit. :smiley:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless the green recipe is a writ recipe or sub 20, I don't bother selling them as I have plenty of other items to sell that are worth a lot more than what I can get from the average green recipe.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Give them away to new players in starter zones or stick them in guild banks. I usually go into my banks and find any recipes I dont have.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    I just sell them to merchants. No point in them clogging up your inventory or having them sit forever in a guild store.

dido
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vendor trash them, if I get one on an alt I will use it but any known green standard recipe I will vendor trash. Rare low level ones I will on occasion sell.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vendor trash.

I've even stopped selling most of the blue ones too, I give them to lower level crafters.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make every alt, all 8 now, learn them all. I have the last alt, wallpapering an outhouse with them, in case I create another character.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    @Darlgon
    Now I want that wallpaper in one of my houses :). It has only jester flags (or w/e they are) and skooma booblers. Wallpaper will be perfect addition!
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell them all in GS. There's always someone looking to complete a set after all.

I reserve around 5 slots in each of my stores for recipes. Since they stack now if u have copies they don't take much room and if you price them right they sell fast.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally leave them where i found them, or destroy them on the spot.

9 gold isn't worth the trouble.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put them in the Guild Bank of a guild that often has new players. They tend to disappear quite fast. :)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have a provisioner that needs to learn the recipe, I bank it and have them learn it.

Otherwise, it goes into the guild store. It isn't a way to make boatloads of gold, but I figure they are useful to someone out there. They tend to get purchased pretty quickly. They never get returned to me at the end of 30 days.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, im starting to get a good amount built up. Probably going to start giving some away to new players...
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to keep a bunch of greens and blues in my bank. That way when invariably a guildie asks if anyone has an extra such-and-such recipe, I can help them out.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Green recipes sell very well in one of my guild traders, so that's where I put them. They're not big-ticket items, but they move fast and that gold adds up.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet, what are you putting them for? I have 5 guilds and they don't really move. I learned all of what i had on all of my alts and sold to merchant /put into bank the rest. Sadly I have about 20 new after just 3 days.
    @Tarukmockto, I do keep all the design greens int he bank also, so between all the greens i'm looking at 200 - 250 slots in my bank. Too much to keep.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ilsabet, what are you putting them for? I have 5 guilds and they don't really move. I learned all of what i had on all of my alts and sold to merchant /put into bank the rest. Sadly I have about 20 new after just 3 days.

I base my prices on my MM data. I color-coded my guilds (in the Social settings) so I can see which sale data points come from which guild. There's enough sale data that I can see a general range that each recipe has been going for, and I usually aim for the higher end of that range (unless there's an unusually high outlier).

T6 green recipes will go for 30-40g since they're so common from T6 provisioning writs. I'd say other tiers generally range from 80-250g, with some going for 300g or 400g. Some mid-tier writ recipes will go for more, but I never charge more than NPC price for things that I know are writ recipes.

This is on PC/NA. As I said it's one particular guild that I sell most of my recipes in, and I think sales are especially good there because it's in one of the starter towns and there are a lot of people looking to outfit new characters. So the prices you can get will depend in part on the location of your trader (and of course server).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Tarukmockto, I do keep all the design greens in the bank also, so between all the greens i'm looking at 200 - 250 slots in my bank. Too much to keep.

I have lots of space in my bank since the bottomless craft bag of ESO-Plus. However even at that, if I actually had one of each green & Blue recipe that would be 468 recipes! Many of them are fairly rare, so really its less than half of that many cluttering up my bank. Which is okay, I don't really have anything else to keep in there at the moment!

Non-provisioning recipes (furnishings) are either learned, sold, or dropped in a smaller social guild I belong to. Waaayyyy too many of them to try the same thing as provisioning recipes.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on July 27, 2017 9:30PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many total recipes are in the game, anyway?

I'm at the point where most green and blue recipes I pick up are learned but there's still some odd blue and even green recipes I find that are new and it feels like I have a ton.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    How many total recipes are in the game, anyway?

In theory there are currently 266 food and 266 drink recipes. Add to that the 29 special recipes from the holiday events, for a grand total of 561.

I'm at 558, because I'm probably never going to get the Aetherial Ambrosia, Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia, or the Dubious Camaron Throne. That's like a million gold just to buy those three from guild stores.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on July 28, 2017 10:56PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • blabliblargh
    blabliblargh
    ✭✭
    If I know the recipe, I simply ignore it and leave it there.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell for 9g
    @Deepan on PC-EU