The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Turn off blocking indicator

p6kocka
p6kocka
✭✭
Returning player here. Is there any way to disable blocking indicator (aka weird shield aura over my own shield) pls? I really don't understand it very well. Thank you.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making block indicator show up remains one the most headscratchy, bad UI decisions in recent memory. At least let us toggle it!!

That is to say no, it's not hidable.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wish it could be toggled off. It offers absolutely no benefit to me.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • p6kocka
    p6kocka
    ✭✭
    Ehmm.... and what for is it?
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p6kocka wrote: »
    Ehmm.... and what for is it?

What is it?

It just shows when you are blocking.
  • p6kocka
    p6kocka
    ✭✭
    And why? I'm holding RMB and seeing my shield in front of me. I just want understand this "feature".
  • Tezlakipuka
    Tezlakipuka
    ✭✭✭
    Really weird design. Can only assume it's meant for PVP mostly to see blocking easier from distance or a big mess, so you have an easier time using fear or fossilize.
    When tanking Dungeons / Trials, I can barely even see this indicator in the lightning show.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its another case of '' We didnt ask for this why was it implemented?''. Just wait for the combat visual changes next patch and see how ridiculous it gets.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any addon makers here?
  • p6kocka
    p6kocka
    ✭✭
    Is it on in 1st person mode? I hope not....
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand the upcoming dlc would include more customization for combat clues.
    It don't bother me but its very redundant.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complained about this on PTS before it was implemented and asked for the option to turn it off, but as usual feedback on PTS was ignored if it doesn't fit into ZOS's Vision :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    That and some ultimates flashing in the ability bar are my two annoyances in this game.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please . So tired of it getting stuck on . No way to fix but to log out . Reload UI does nothing and we never asked for it .
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they never added this "feature". I miss how you could block to get off your horse fast - you still kinda can but you have to time sprint at the right moment to not get stuck in that animation.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    such an ugly feature with no actual benefit.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish you could disable it. I don't need a block indicator. I know when I'm blocking. I'm pressing the freaking button.
    PC EU
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it was first introduced people clamoured for this to be a toggle. Begged even. It didn't help. ZOS left it as it is. I don't like it as well. It's visually and aesthetically displeasing.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just incase y'know, you're not sure if you're pressing the button right guys. Im not jamming it into my controller for my very life when a shooting star comes my way or anything.
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please . So tired of it getting stuck on . No way to fix but to log out . Reload UI does nothing and we never asked for it .

This is the most annoying thing about it, nobody asked for it, not one player...and when the vast majority of the community asked ZOS to remove it we were all completely ignored.

It's one thing for ZOS to implement things into the game that they feel are a benefit to us, but when we straight up tell them that we HATE it, they need to listen to us.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed

I have no idea why it was implemented - even in pvp you could ALWAYS see when the enemy was blocking, I have no idea why it was put on the player character.

additionally, they used the Glass motif style shield design. ew!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I turned mine off under settings a very long time ago. It's a thing.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »

mind sharing the command path?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has it's uses, I would have never known pirate skeleton drops block while holding down the button during the transformation if it wasn't for the shield disappearing.
    Edited by WalksonGraves on July 20, 2017 1:16PM
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like it. The emblem is exactly the same as the Glass Shield. Which looks like a cool effect when I block with my tank since the shield I use is Glass style. Nonetheless I agree with most here it should be toggable.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get people don't like it and want a toggle I am also amazed people who tout it as completely unneeded and of no value to them have such a problem with in-game messaging for everyone.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Trashkan wrote: »

mind sharing the command path?

I'm at work but when I get home I will dig into it. Being a pve tank it was annoying me so I got rid of it more than a year+ ago. I had this same conversation with my brother aboit how lame it was then proceeded to look over all the settings and got rid of it. It doesn't show my sheild animation or enemies in pvp.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw one thread, anywhere, that asked for this feature to be added to the game. It really is a mystery as to why it was added.

One can hope that the upcoming battle cues includes a toggle for this.
    Edited by Nestor on July 20, 2017 3:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such a non-factor....people are that upset over it?
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Make the Shield Indicator toggle-able. No one asked for this. If you want to keep it in the game, please make it toggle-able. That means it would be on by default, but can be turned off for immersion. It's something that breaks the game and it's a terrible effect in PvE, even in PvP imo.

Thank you for reading.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Navarr
    Navarr
    I like it. As there is always some delay on my skills it helps me a lot in certain situations. For more user friendliness it could be toggle-able though.