The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Absolutely Outraged (No Morrowind in ESO+)

Kalkano
Kalkano
Soul Shriven
I was just about to get back into ESO for Morrowind, but couldn't find how to activate it via ESO+. Turns out...I CAN'T!? I have to PAY FOR IT!?

How dare you? How DARE you? After all the money I've sunk into ESO Plus, you suddenly ask us to also pay for DLC? DLC being free was one of the biggest reasons to HAVE ESO+!

I'm done. I'm out. I just cancelled my subscription. This game will not see another dime from me. Bethesda in general will now be viewed in an entirely different light. I will no longer be as free with my money with them.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail me all of your stuff.
  • Kalkano
    Kalkano
    Soul Shriven
    Why? I didn't say I would never play the game again. I said I cancelled my subscription and would never pay another dime. I will play through the Aldmeri Dominion (the one faction I haven't played through), and then quit.
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beat that dead horse.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre just coming to this conclusion now? This was hashed out month ago, the fan boys won, ZOS let them.

You are now going to be flamed to no end, until of course you retaliate then someone from zos will come in promptly, close the thread and give you a warning or a time out.

Of course you might like that kind of attention I dont know.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who let the dogs out!
    ZOS, ZOS ZOS, ZOS
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Kalkano
    Kalkano
    Soul Shriven
    Malic wrote: »
    Youre just coming to this conclusion now? This was hashed out month ago, the fan boys won, ZOS let them.

You are now going to be flamed to no end, until of course you retaliate then someone from zos will come in promptly, close the thread and give you a warning or a time out.

I just now tried to play it. I was unaware of any of this.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalkano wrote: »

Yes, I was unaware that not wearing a condom would make me a father aswell... Oh well.
    PC EU/NA
  • Kalkano
    Kalkano
    Soul Shriven
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Yes, I was unaware that not wearing a condom would make me a father aswell... Oh well.

You say this as if it should have been obvious, when the exact opposite is what should have been obvious. DLC was supposed to be free with ESO+, and had been up until this point.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say this as if it should have been obvious, when the exact opposite is what should have been obvious. DLC was supposed to be free with ESO+, and had been up until this point.

Beware, this is not a dlc. Also! This is not a expansion, game, update or addon. It is a totally new thing called "chapter" (?)
    Edited by Yakidafi on July 20, 2017 2:46AM
    PC EU/NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us were outraged in January when the announcement. It contributed to many of us canceling our subs (I say contribute because it certainly wasn't the only factor, just the proverbial nail in the coffin for many). We've moved on to begrudgingly resigned now, you're welcome to join us here
    Edited by Reverb on July 20, 2017 2:45AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who let the dogs out!
    ZOS, ZOS ZOS, ZOS

Dogs are so last crate season.

Now it is a matter of who let nix-hounds out.
    signing off
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to get back into ESO for Morrowind, but couldn't find how to activate it via ESO+. Turns out...I CAN'T!? I have to PAY FOR IT!?

How dare you? How DARE you? After all the money I've sunk into ESO Plus, you suddenly ask us to also pay for DLC? DLC being free was one of the biggest reasons to HAVE ESO+!

I'm done. I'm out. I just cancelled my subscription. This game will not see another dime from me. Bethesda in general will now be viewed in an entirely different light. I will no longer be as free with my money with them.

Keep your head on your shoulders @Kalkano, that is why I frequently check the forums as well as any other affiliations(Like Microsoft) to make sure I plan ahead.

Because Morrowind is a separate chapter from a different Era (Lore wise) it is a "Type" of expansion to the game (no other way to put it at this time) but there is no reason to be upset because of something that you simply "Misread" beforehand, but the upcoming DLC (Horns of the Reach) on the other hand, should be mandatorily part of the ESO+ membership as well as being available with crowns soon (It is co-currently available on the PTS until its release date for PC and consoles.)

in short: just be yourself, forgive yourself of your own mistake (As ZOS pointed out the whole thing through a link in this thread below) & move on.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/317162/official-discussion-thread-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-pre-order-faq/p1
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Kalkano
    Kalkano
    Soul Shriven
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

Keep your head on your shoulders @Kalkano, that is why I frequently check the forums as well as any other affiliations(Like Microsoft) to make sure I plan ahead.

Because Morrowind is a separate chapter from a different Era (Lore wise) it is a "Type" of expansion to the game (no other way to put it at this time) but there is no reason to be upset because of something that you simply "Misread" beforehand, but the upcoming DLC (Horns of the Reach) on the other hand, should be mandatorily part of the ESO+ membership as well as being available with crowns soon (It is co-currently available on the PTS until its release date for PC and consoles.)

in short: just be yourself, forgive yourself of your own mistake (As ZOS pointed out the whole thing through a link in this thread below) & move on.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/317162/official-discussion-thread-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-pre-order-faq/p1

It's a matter of over-the-top slight of hand. They literally make up new terms to create a loophole in their own agreements. I'm not asking for a refund or anything, I simply will stop giving them my money. Yes, they deserve it. I don't care about the terms of service or any other legal document, as I'm not making any legal claims. That doesn't change how despicable this is, and I'll retaliate the only way that I can (no more money, and not just for ESO).
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Womp womp

This thread is so last February.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

It's a matter of over-the-top slight of hand. They literally make up new terms to create a loophole in their own agreements. I'm not asking for a refund or anything, I simply will stop giving them my money. Yes, they deserve it. I don't care about the terms of service or any other legal document, as I'm not making any legal claims. That doesn't change how despicable this is, and I'll retaliate the only way that I can (no more money, and not just for ESO).

That's a great idea! Stick it to them! Bethesda Softworks must be punished! No TES6 or Fallout 5 or any of the other IPs they publish for you!

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

Old news, old complaints .... take some time to search the forums ..... your issue is an old issue and discussed in depth with no changes .... why start a new complaint thread when you could of posted in the 100+ threads that already exists .....
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mail me all of your stuff.

I forgot to add .... can I also have your stuff ?????
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not Bethesda. So... lol
    Chapter≠DLC. This has been talked to death.
    Guaranteed they care immensely. And by immensely I mean not at all. They brought a time n of people back with Morrowind and most MMORPG player understand expansions.
    You will be missed as much as they miss your sub, someone will worry for a little while before forgetting
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry its a surprise for you, but it's been pretty well covered on here and by ZOS regarding the fact its a new chapter etc not just a DLC, hence introducing a class and new modes (BG)

Secondly, it's only £30. I paid £30 two years ago on console launch and now if I want the latest content and modes etc another £30 which seems entirely reasonable to me to support a game I love.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Entegre
    Entegre
    ✭✭✭
    Zos scammed us, they combined a gameplay patch, a class that has been in the game since the beginning, long waited battlegrounds and a DLC zone into a patch, called it expansion and blocked eso plus and crown holders from getting it. Sad side of the story, battlegrounds and part finder is bugged very hard, we could barely play any battle due to stupid bugs and errors. Morrowind is OK for its story, but not that huge or anything.
    Warden was always in the game, even some npcs used it's skills, animations and stuff. They created a big fuss about it and it turned out to be a support only class that has to keep 4 buffs always on to be competitive with some inconsistent timers. Don't quit the game though it is still the best mmo where you are not gated by stupid "level" wall, explore the Base game zones they are awesome :smile:
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21511401.jpg
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a little late to the party. :tongue: People have been stressing over this ever since they mentioned Morrowind would be a chapter instead of DLC... in January. While I agree with you on that Morrowind should've been DLC and therefore included in ESO+, you can not blame ZOS for you not having this knowledge.. that's the buyer's responsibility.

Also, Bethesda has - as far as I know - VERY little to do with ESO. They're just the publisher. ZOS is the developing party.
    Edited by Saturnana on July 20, 2017 9:32AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a moment I thought I had travelled back in time to a few months ago... :anguished:

Yes OP Morrowind was rebranded as an Expansion and not a DLC and sold outside of the ESO+ subscription. They will now release one new Chapter (their name for expansions) a year meaning ESO+ only gets 3 free DLC updates.

However they're looking into way to make ESO+ still worth the money with the first addition we've seen being the double personal bank space.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind me.

In before the lock ;)
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭

Beware, this is not a dlc. Also! This is not a expansion, game, update or addon. It is a totally new thing called "chapter" (?)

Chapters aren't new. Books have had them for centuries.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭

They always said it was an expansion, not DLC. Matt Firor started calling them "chapters" to further emphasize this point.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭

Kalkano....yes it was wrong.....yes it is BS.....but the fan boys up in here just can't understand it. Hurt them with your wallet is the only way we can do anything while the fan boys drink the kool-aid by the gallons.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFS another one? You self-entitled console kiddies these days expect everything for nothing. This topic was beaten to death months ago and you're bringing it up now?

Also, the fact you think this is a Bethesda decision/issue shows your level of ignorance. Bethesda owns the IP and is the publisher, ZOS is the developer and they are the ones who control all of this stuff in game and regarding DLC and Expansions/Chapers.

This is nothing new in the world of MMO's to have to pay for an expansion, especially when it introduces a new class (or race depending on game and expansion) so the outrage with this even from the start is just ridiculous. People need to stop being so self-entitled thinking they are owed everything for nothing. I don't like all of ZOS' pricing strategies in the crown store (mundus stones, housing costs, crown crates and the overpriced limited time mounts and motifs) but I avoid those. Other MMO's still make you pay for ALL expansions while paying for a subscription so get over it.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    FFS another one? You self-entitled console kiddies these days expect everything for nothing. This topic was beaten to death months ago and you're bringing it up now?

Also, the fact you think this is a Bethesda decision/issue shows your level of ignorance. Bethesda owns the IP and is the publisher, ZOS is the developer and they are the ones who control all of this stuff in game and regarding DLC and Expansions/Chapers.

This is nothing new in the world of MMO's to have to pay for an expansion, especially when it introduces a new class (or race depending on game and expansion) so the outrage with this even from the start is just ridiculous. People need to stop being so self-entitled thinking they are owed everything for nothing. I don't like all of ZOS' pricing strategies in the crown store (mundus stones, housing costs, crown crates and the overpriced limited time mounts and motifs) but I avoid those. Other MMO's still make you pay for ALL expansions while paying for a subscription so get over it.

Lol, what the he'll are you so salty for? Did the OP state he was on console? Second post today with this self-entitled crap. You're gonna sit here and complain about someone for feeling screwed over. He wasn't the first, probably won't be the last.

Yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard the other MMO argument, it's older than the OP's complaint. This isn't every other MMO, and was branded as such. Personally the chapter thing didn't bother me, but trying to beltitle someone because they are bothered is ignorant.

It's not self-entitlement or fanboyish because they see or don't seel value in something. And if I remember correctly this isn't a console only complaint, PC players *** just as much if not more.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought this was kind of a non-issue, and now it's an OLD non-issue. Look at how WOW bleeds its players for money. Even having to buy Morrowind outright still makes ESO a huge bargain.

Sorry if that makes me a "fanboy."
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.