Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Forum popups are intrusive and annoying

IronCrystal
IronCrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Look at this. On my phone it takes up half screen. Galaxy s5.

m28TXZl.png
Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
vHRC 157,030
vAA 138,287
vSO 153,393
vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One click and it's gone.

I like them as that's how I found out about the last promotion.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they will do it during crown sale. Probably not lol
    Options
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Literally take a half second of your damn life and click dismiss. I for one like the pop ups so I know whats going on.
    Options
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    Literally take a half second of your damn life and click dismiss. I for one like the pop ups so I know whats going on.

It happens every time the cookies expire or you log into a new device. And they are far too large. There's much better ways for them to tell us theres an event.

Down with drama!

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to make a bigger Dismiss button. SO easy to overlook that little thing.

B5ZQ1d6.gif
    Edited by BigBragg on July 20, 2017 1:26AM
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm.. yeah.. NO. Click dismiss and you are done with it. Thats YOUR binky.

Lots of people dont know how to use the dev tracker and say, "How come I was not notified about X event." This is their binky.
    Edited by Darlgon on July 20, 2017 1:21AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Umm.. yeah.. NO. Click dismiss and you are done with it. Thats YOUR binky.

Lots of people dont know how to use the dev tracker and say, "How come I was not notified about X event." This is their binky.

Again, not a once and done if you switch devices or, I dunno, actually log out.

I've seen it on both my computers and my phone has displayed this numerous times.
    Edited by IronCrystal on July 20, 2017 1:23AM

Down with drama!

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
    Options
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boohoo
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
    Options
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the least bit annoyed by popups, I appreciate them. I'll grant you that to each his own thus I will concede you may find them annoying, but how exactly are they intrusive?
    Options
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOmetimes when I dismiss it, the box it's in goes blank and covers half the screen.

Also, requesting the site in desktop mode works
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It happens every time the cookies expire or you log into a new device. And they are far too large. There's much better ways for them to tell us theres an event.

This
    Options
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

They're far too large. The positioning should be from the top of the screen, not the bottom.

Same issue with the various notifications, saved draft, commented, etc... These notifications cover my current comments as I type them and the post reply button. They should not be positioned at the bottom of the window.

Any pop up notification should at the very least have an x to close the window, or better yet an option to disable notifications.

Edit: It appears the saved draft etc... notifications do actually have a tiny, almost invisible x in the upper right corner. Maybe change the colour of it so it's more noticeable
    Edited by Hempyre on July 20, 2017 7:13PM
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Cant miss it and one click and it's gone.

I will concede the pop up is huge though. Probably doesn't need to be so big but at least you won't miss an event again.
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it means less people asking the same damn questions over and over, then I'm for them.

Two major changes that should be made, though, are a reduction in size on mobile and for it to remember dismissal for your account and not for your device, much like the forum banners work when you close them. That way you only have to dismiss it once if you use more than one device or clear your browser data.

Tagging @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so she can pass these along. :)
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not big, your screen is small!

Honestly, the popup saying a draft of your reply has been saved is more annoying on a phone. Click the big, hard to miss DISMISS BUTTON and your done.

I like the new popups because I always miss events due to a busy life outside of gaming.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more annoying popups are the notifications while typing a post on mobile. For example, that "draft has been saved". It takes a lot of space and makes it very hard to type a post.
    Options
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really will complain about absolutely anything. If this is the biggest problem you had today then consider yourself blessed.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is solid proof people will qq about anything..
    Edited by KingYogi415 on July 20, 2017 3:48AM
    Options
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it since its very easy to just click it closed and it is not like it appears every time I open the site. So yeah, no issue for me.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a forum pop-up?
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it, takes 1 sec to hit dismiss if you're not interested.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one click to remove, you used 60 odd to start this thread!!!
    These are mega handy so you don't miss big stuff!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One click and it's gone.

I like them as that's how I found out about the last promotion.

Agreed. As long as it remains specific to ESO, I like it. I don't want them advertizing other Bethesda games, associated products (Razer, etc), or other products.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want your problems.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How I see the majority of replies.
    It is fine on my computer screen and it only appears once, therefore no one else should have any issue with it.

Wonder how many think that changing this to be more friendly to mobile users would take Devs away from working on game.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I find the thing at the top of the screen for announcing downtimes annoying, not this thing. Finding the tiny little x to dismiss it..which sometimes does't display at all..but this ad pop up with it's big dismiss button. No issues at all.
    Options
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, every time I close my browser all my cookies and cache are cleared and having to dismiss their half-page banner every time gets annoying. It could just as easily be up at the top of the home page of forums. Unless it's a popup telling me they've upgraded servers and we should no longer expect to be dropped from the server once every ~2hours then I don't care.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it once, and even on subsequent pops it's not a huge deal, but I do find it mildly irritating.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Half. Of. A. Second.

Seriously, if this is an intrusive inconvenience, I hate to see how you handle issues IRL
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, every time I close my browser all my cookies and cache are cleared and having to dismiss their half-page banner every time gets annoying. It could just as easily be up at the top of the home page of forums. Unless it's a popup telling me they've upgraded servers and we should no longer expect to be dropped from the server once every ~2hours then I don't care.

Both the cookies and disconnect seems lik e personal problems you could solve with a bit or work and good net
    Options