Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What to do when someone face trades you and scams you for 100k?

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't Zos have a ToS rule against this? Every mmo I've played even f2p/p2w korean ones have rules against this, and they do stuff about it. ff11 and ff14, heck even WoW i've seen ppl get the banhammer for trade scams.

They do. Its called, "ZoS does not support face to face trading. We provide the guild trader system for trading."
    Edited by Darlgon on August 2, 2017 1:01PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike-420 wrote: »
    [

SHouldnt your changing the item require the buyer to re-confirm the purchase?

Should.. However it fails to do so and allows the scammer to rip people off nilly willy style.

Still waiting on that video using dropped food or other effectively worthless (to lose) items.

Any change to the trade window from either party requires reconfirmation from both parties.

If you're hitting Submit the second time through on autopilot, it's lack of awareness, not existence of an exploit.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 2, 2017 1:26PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    I will say, the only time I got a solution from ZOS was to stay with it, they will send you the auto email response. Don't let it stop there if you want a solid resolution respond asking them for further help usually the second email is not from an auto response. Just my own experience as they can be helpful, but they have a lot of stuff they have to work through from tickets that you have to get in communication with an actual person to have an actual conversation before anything will be done
    Options
  • Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    And like others have said use cod, I am fine paying the fee because in the long term it's better to lose some gold then to be scammed out of everything
    Options
  • Mike-420
    Mike-420
    ✭✭
    Mike-420 wrote: »
    [

SHouldnt your changing the item require the buyer to re-confirm the purchase?

Should.. However it fails to do so and allows the scammer to rip people off nilly willy style.

Still waiting on that video using dropped food or other effectively worthless (to lose) items.

Any change to the trade window from either party requires reconfirmation from both parties.

If you're hitting Submit the second time through on autopilot, it's lack of awareness, not existence of an exploit.

Keep waiting i'm not here to convince you it can be done nor show you how its done.. And im on xbox one there is no auto anything....
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feel bad for you OP, but use cod for trading if you need too.

And if you think scamming is bad, try Eve Online :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you trade in insecure ways it's your own fault to be honest. I mean you can trade via guildstores, direct trading or COD where nobody can scam you. That said I have never made any experiences with people trying to scam me. I think the majority of players is very honest, but of course there are few ***** in every community.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    With 420 in your name I'm guessing you were stoned out of your box and made a stupid mistake.

Honestly don't understand how people still let this happen....

Honestly the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.You do realize some function better under the influence of weed right?
    Options
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me once. Someone offered 32 dro wax at 3k a pop. I said I'll take them all. We did a trade he put the wax in the trade screen and he had practice this before because the second I put my money in and went to click trade he pulled a fast one on me and un did his trade and re traded boom 100k gone. I told him he was a cheat and I was reporting him. He quickly gave all the wax I paid for and ask me not to report him. I reported him immediately and 5 min later I see "wts 32 dro wax 3k a pop". Lol I was like BOTTER!!!!!!
    Options
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    How did he scam you?

Also you got scammed so it is your fault.

If somebody in real life shows you an expensive watch, you want to buy it because the offer seems great and they do the old switch-a-roo, give you a box with the apparent watch in, you hand over the money and walk away. You later open the box to reveal an invaluable rock... it's your fault, right? You should have checked the box.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
    Options
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    It's a manipulation if you time it out just right you can predict when someone will click ready and just before they do that you undo your trade and re accept with nothing on your end. It's shady and happens.
    Options