The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New type of harassment

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
I'm a healer and was farming a particular world boss using my clannfear as tank and had him down to 60%, when a level 23 sorcerer joined in and got both of us killed as he drew aggro due to his higher damage output. I voiced my irritation in chat, and he made it a point to continuously wait for me to lower the bosses health and then he'd do the same again. I even went away for a time, and when I returned, guess who suddenly was there again? The same guy doing the same thing, knowing fully wellthat he'd get me killed and the boss reset.
I did report him through the game, however, as there is limited space to type, I don't have faith that I was able to explain well enough what had happened and why I feel harassed.
Is there any other was to report a player? I do have the video of the incident.
Thanks in advance.
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    UPDATE:
    He now continues to stalk me ingame all around greenshade and even while i was idle he'd stand by me.
    Yes, I know I could move to another area, but a) I need the gear and b) I don't see why harassment should be tolerated.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the first time was a deliberate act?

It could be that they didn't intend to do it then your voiced irritation in chat was what made them want to troll you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

It could be that they didn't intend to do it then your voiced irritation in chat was what made them want to troll you.

It does not matter one bit whether it was intended at first or not. All that matters is the harassment that followed afterwards.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eshenya wrote: »
    I'm a healer and was farming a particular world boss using my clannfear

clanfear
    healer
    Edited by Morvane on July 18, 2017 7:41AM
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

It does not matter one bit whether it was intended at first or not. All that matters is the harassment that followed afterwards.
    Agreed and from your follow up the player is clearly making it a point to bother you now.

There are a few things to try first, do you best not to acknowledge them, as with all trolls the more attention you pay to them and the more they see they're annoying you the more they will have fun and continue.

If you're able to move to another zone or city for a time give it a go in order to lose them. Yes it interrupts your gameplay but they won't be able to keep following you to every zone unless you're friends/guild/group with them.

Sadly I don't think ZOS will do much for someone just following you around. The dragging mobs to kill you is an issue, but you would probably need some kind of video evidence in order for them to act.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »

clanfear
    healer

Mag sorc with resto staff? Not every healer is a Templar. Just sayin'

And I concur with @Turelus.
    Edited by Cadbury on July 18, 2017 7:46AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it seems that 1st time it was unintentional but after the exchange of words, the other player intentionally continued to stalk the OP and that's fall under harassment.
    I'm not sure if reporting the incident would result in anything as I have been harassed in worst manners suck as being cussed that my family does and what not while farming way back when CP did not exist.
    So OP just take a break from the zone or go to other WB.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Morvane wrote: »

clanfear
    healer

Mag sorc with resto staff? Not every healer is a Templar. Just sayin'

And I concur with @Turelus.

u wanna say "not every bad healer is templar or warden."
    ok, datz true
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE:
    He now continues to stalk me ingame all around greenshade and even while i was idle he'd stand by me.
    Yes, I know I could move to another area, but a) I need the gear and b) I don't see why harassment should be tolerated.

Off-topic pro tip, farming world bosses is a super inefficient way of getting overland gear.

Go to the public dungeon and farm those bosses for the weapons. Buy the body pieces from guild traders. If it's not an in-demand set, then just buy the weapons from traders too since they'll be cheap.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 21, 2017 3:55AM