The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These free crown crates...

Hellcat_1996
Hellcat_1996
✭✭
Got nothing above the common tier. For all 5. Is this on purpose or was I just unlucky as hell?
PC - NA - Hellcat_1996
  • DPS/Main: Vaynatah S'this - Dunmer MagBlade - EP
  • Tank/Master Crafter: Oghash the Giant - Orc DK - DC
  • AOE/Enchanter: Chrystayne Ashhart - Breton Sorc - DC
  • Raw DPS/Alchemist: Dances-Among-Moonlight - Khajiit StamBlade - AD
  • Tank Healer/Provisioning: Mends-Nature's-Wounds - Argonian MagWarden - EP
  • AOE Healer/DPS: Evelynn Graywatch - Altmer MagTemplar - AD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get all that much from my 5. Some Exp Scrolls, a Research Scroll, a Nix Hound that I already had, and some Clothing I already had. Other than that, it was various potions and poisons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost everyone is unlucky with those crates, according to this thread.
    I thought they might consider boosting drop chances a bit to get people hooked, but nope.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one gold card. But don't feel bad, it was just a 150% xp scroll.

Other things of note include 3 nyx hounds and those dwemer eyebrow thingies.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a dwarven camel, random is random
  • Gynormus
    Gynormus
    ✭✭
    I'm officially not a fan of the crown crates. I've spent more money than I should have in the past trying to get a reasonable shot at some cool stuff. Not for lack of money but lack of return totally independent of my means. This particular season I spent a really unreasonable amount in hopes of getting several items. I have had no such luck and have experienced the same with these free ones. These were more or less free and I still walked away disappointed. Besides being a subscriber and trying to contribute to the community and be helpful I've put in far to much to see so little in return on these boxes. You'll keep my sub for now as I do enjoy and appreciate the game but you can count me out on spending in the crown store beyond my sub allotment. I'm really very disappointed! All these served was to finally convince me that indeed the boxes are a waste of time and money if you expect to have any reasonable chance at getting the things you want.

A few ideas that might improve the situation:
    1. Subs get improved chance at higher end box loot, maybe 10% seems to be the subs standard on many other areas for subs
    2. Receiving only so many of the same item
    3. receive items more applicable to the account. some accounts clearly dont need potions, crafting, xp or mount training
    4. accounts with longer active standing have higher chance at better box loot
    5. duplicate items progressively give more crown gems as more of them are recieved
    6. crown gems should far more closely reflect the investment

This model will not live alone on account that it is customization only. I'm fine with all of the things in the crown store. I commend ZOS on how well the content has been managed. The boxes need work badly though. If I was to eventually leave this will almost certainly be at the top of the list. The odds of this will progressively increase as more unattainable content moves into the crown store via these boxes. Don't let lack of noticeable effort on this be what brings this game down.

Please make me feel like the crown crates are worth my investment!
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got what I expected really, 2 new things I didn't have nor wanted.

1 nix hound
    2 dwemeri monocular contrivance
    1 crimson flower garden hat
    1 white-gold eyeshadow
    1 ordinator night-raid armor

Plus the usual xp scrolls, pots, food, etc.

Got about 50 gems outta it so I can't complain.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got consumables, potions, poisons and repair kits. Which i all exchanged for gems. Don't want dont need crown consumables.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    I didn't get anything worthwhile, although I did get a netch calf pet which at first I was like wtf I won't ever use this. Turns out it is pretty cool actually, the nix hound drop rate Is ridiculous. Never expected anything good I'm just glad they were free.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with what I got 0 nix hounds thankfully, no super ultra rare 400 gem item though, but got the orange dog + breton armor + fox pet
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone complaining about free crate items. 1) they're free 2) did you expect to get anything good? Crown crates have got to be a massive money maker for them that requires little effort on their part. They make money from them because of bad rng, knowing that some people do in fact have addictive personalities and won't be able to resist spending hundreds or more, hoping they'll be one of the lucky ones. Don't buy crown crates!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some garbage also but it's free garbage so cant complain. Few more crown gems.
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 crates of junk, but it was free junk, so, meh. If these freebies were supposed to entice me to buy into the crown crates, they failed.
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main problem with crates is they keep giving you the crap duplicates over and over mixed in with potions and other consumables. Sure you can trade for gems but with mounts being 400 and superior rewards being 100 you can't possibly convert gems for what you want without spending hundreds of dollars.

Crates need less clutter on the crap items and tone down the duplicates, or give a higher gem conversion on duplicates.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the whole event was an excuse for ZO$ to claim "millions logged in"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Crown Crates = 3 Nix Hounds

Loot table is very much rigged - chances of getting an Apex mount (or anything other than a Bal Foyen Nix-Hound) are decreased from previous Crown Crate seasons. Honestly this is disgusting....
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anath_Q wrote: »
    5 crates of junk, but it was free junk, so, meh. If these freebies were supposed to entice me to buy into the crown crates, they failed.

^ That, the idea I thought of a promotion to get people to buy crates was to atleast give something of worth beforehand as a taste
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the RNG hates you, the RNG hates you. I hoped so hard I would get a mount this time but nope. I got the idiotic flower shower cap THREE TIMES. None of my guys are going to want to wear that and I can't trade it in for gems. I got poisons, I got foods, yadda yadda 1 gem each. The best thing I got was a shroom bug, so at least there's that. But I wanted a mount pretty badly and now I'm sad that I got three flower hats instead.

Honestly the worst part about rolling badly is stupid Pacrooti sitting there yammering about my lucky aura. Bite me, cat.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almost everyone is unlucky with those crates, according to this thread.
    I thought they might consider boosting drop chances a bit to get people hooked, but nope.

Not "unlucky". Go figure that drop rates for rarer stuff is low.

I just googled the price (won't open in-game due to add-on conflict) and it seems the cost of 5 crates is 1900 crowns. 1900 seems quite expensive to me, but is a pretty small amount compared to the cost of the fancier mounts these days and motifs that could drop. Since those expensive items could drop, ZOS has to make it far more likely that you will get low value junk you don't want. If they didn't do that, there would be no point in having crown crates as they would do better just selling the mounts in the crown store.

Crown crates are for people who can't resist getting a cosmetic item that appeals to them and are willing to throw money at the game to get them. They aren't for people looking for value, so don't expect good drops. Junk isn't unlucky. It is the most likely outcome. I suppose they are also for people who just love the thrill of gambling.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Honestly the worst part about rolling badly is stupid Pacrooti sitting there yammering about my lucky aura. Bite me, cat.
    I laughed out loud at this. Yes, Pacrooti needs to be punched right in his big, furry face.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got nothing above the common tier. For all 5. Is this on purpose or was I just unlucky as hell?
    That's not technically possible. Every crate contains at least one card that is blue tier or better.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't expect to get a thing but I got a new guar mount and the armadillo pet.
    So happy with those!

Of course I got crap too, but free is free, and the gems allowed me to get an outfit I didn't own.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy...I got nothing I wanted (dro) but I didn't get anything to *** me off (nix, dwemer camel). For me it was a bunch of free costumes, 2 cool, 3 I'll never, ever wear. And reinforcement that I never want to spend a real world cent on this game.
  • Gspawn
    Gspawn
    I bought 15 and got nothing but potions,scrolls, and frigging cosmetic paints. No mounts, no nothing. Waste of 40 bucks.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gspawn wrote: »
    I bought 15 and got nothing but potions,scrolls, and frigging cosmetic paints. No mounts, no nothing. Waste of 40 bucks.

Yet you chose to waste your money..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

I maintain that this is a false statement/argument. That's like saying people who still play vMA looking for specific weapons are choosing to waste their time. Same RNG principle.

It's not a waste until you don't get lucky enough to win what you're fishing for; until then, you're buying a chance, and this time around, most people seem to feel that the chances of getting "good" items are unusually slim. Blah blah, I know that's what a gamble is. But the boxes are not going anywhere, and there's no other way to get what's in them, so for a bunch of folks, playing and hoping for luck is better than taking a guaranteed loss.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

I maintain that this is a false statement/argument. That's like saying people who still play vMA looking for specific weapons are choosing to waste their time. Same RNG principle.

It's not a waste until you don't get lucky enough to win what you're fishing for; until then, you're buying a chance, and this time around, most people seem to feel that the chances of getting "good" items are unusually slim. Blah blah, I know that's what a gamble is. But the boxes are not going anywhere, and there's no other way to get what's in them, so for a bunch of folks, playing and hoping for luck is better than taking a guaranteed loss.

Cool story...

Maintain all you want, you got your opinion, I got mine.

But with vma, as soul destroying as it is when you pick yet another crap item at end of the hour or so, you are not wasting real life money for it.

Crown crates are only a problem for the mentally weak.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    The free crown crates did emphasize ZOS' laziness 100%...
    Right after the dwarven crates were released, a lot of threads popped up saying the RNG must be rigged or messed up, because there's a nix hound in every second crate.

Obviously they didn't give a damn.. I got 3 nix hounds from my 5 crates. Thank you ZOS for further convincing me not to buy your stupid crates! <3
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....can't help but chuckle, I've only ever opened 4 crates.. in the free Morrowind one got a dwarven wolf, in the 3 (missed 2) promotion crates I got a dro m'athra senche and cub, 4-5 cosmetic items all together, And other assorted crap...
    Random is most definitely Random!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did finally open mine - wasn't sure I was going to, but then I thought, free is free...

I did get the Dwarven guar. Frankly, I was hoping I wouldn't get any of them, unless it was one of the 3 ultras, as they look a little better. But, if I was going to get one of them, I was hoping it would ABSOLUTELY NOT be a camel or a bear and NOT a wolf. So, ok...got the guar.

I also got the Dro senche, but I had already purchased it when it was available to buy outright, so got some gems for that. Also got the vvardvark pet, which is nice. I got the Dwemer puzzle orb twice and one of the DISGUSTINGLY UGLY flower hats, which none of my female characters would ever be caught dead in. Not one single Nix hound for me.

I think my other gold was that 150% XP scroll, which is lame. I converted all the junk to gems and was hoping for enough for the Dro pet, but was short by a bit. I ended up purchasing the green Narsis guar pet, which I didn't get 'cuz I was stupid enough not to purchase it during the first Black Fredas sale.

All told, I was pleasantly surprised with what I got, but it hasn't changed my mind about buying these for real money. NEVER gonna do that!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    .... I got the Dwemer puzzle orb twice and one of the DISGUSTINGLY UGLY flower hats, which none of my female characters would ever be caught dead in.
    LOL. I know, right? I've discovered the hat looks ok if you dye it completely black, and put your character in a black dress. Otherwise argh-no-what-the-heck. :D