Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nighn's Flying Mount

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here comes the fun police to squash another harmless bug like the sword-flute. :/

RIP
    love is love
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Just want to confirm that Cheat Engine isn't being used here, but regardless, we'll be fixing it very soon. Thanks for the somewhat-hidden repro steps, @Nighn_9. And for the record, we can trace things. ;)

Hidden test to make flying mounts a possibility confirmed! :D

Nope, sorry!

Can I say that you swooped back here pretty fast? :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we can go off map and find put how bad the skyboxes are? no ty.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the fix doesn't require dismounting to use Rapids again, I'm good.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to confirm that Cheat Engine isn't being used here, but regardless, we'll be fixing it very soon. Thanks for the somewhat-hidden repro steps, @Nighn_9. And for the record, we can trace things. ;)

My house was bugged recently when id jump, Id fly around my house. Towards the back wall. Made it awful trying to decorate. Thankfully a reload got rid of it.
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on July 20, 2017 4:12PM
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Hidden test to make flying mounts a possibility confirmed! :D
    No no it's just a bug
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I guess Khadgar's meddling caused a ripple in the game-spacetime continuum.
    FlyingPanther.jpg

Take note Zenimax, that's a fly mount
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people want flying mounts anyway? What exactly would they accomplish?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Why do people want flying mounts anyway? What exactly would they accomplish?

Why does it need to accomplish anything? Cant we just have something for the heck of it? :D

On a more serious note tho, there aren't any flying animals big enough to carry a person (dragons don't count) that's available in-game already. You'd have to create like...a griffin, or a new daedric creature, or something, but that wouldn't happen
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could actually fly over annoying terrain so I dont have to travel all the way around, they might be useful. Barring that, I think I would pass...flying mounts would be bigger, taking up more space, cluttering up places like Mournhold.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True that they'd take up just that more space, but I think the optimal solution would be for them to jump into a glide, barring actual flight.

Scratch what I said earlier about there being no flying beasts
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/pocket-guide-empire-third-edition-wild-remain-valenwood
    The Third Edition of the Pocket Guide to the Empire states that there are "Centaurs, hippogriffs, satyrs, minotaurs, giants, basilisks, fairy folk, hydra and intelligent apes all flourished there before the first Aldmeri stepped onto its shores."
    There are actual flying beasts.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, not sure what this means. Gravity does seem a little strange though as when my buddy disconnected yesterday he lost his for a bit and flew around a stationary Cyridiil for a couple min before the client cut out. It was at least the most fun DC of the day.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im calling it: Dragons Q4 '17
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I loved flying my mounts around WoW, I hope they don't do it in this game.

This game just isn't large enough to support flying.

• Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you include the large areas in offmaps then the game is large enough. There are very large terrains that are not being used at all
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • MrBetadine
    MrBetadine
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/FYG0YWdkSKI

how do i link videos in the forums
    Edited by MrBetadine on July 25, 2017 9:18PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like this better, no tripping and slowing on invisible *** that slows your mount down for zero reason with rapids on.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE