Maintenance for the week of January 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Who is Cadwell really?

TescoBiscuits
TescoBiscuits
✭✭
When you ask Cadwell about how he got into cold harbour, he says "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things.". My immediate thought was Pelinal Whitestrake. What do you guys think about this?
Everything accomplished has been done on a integrated graphics card, thus far.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow...thats a good................................
    =Verba
    __________________________________________

    It was a dupe and ZOS just lied.
    __________________________________________


    Personae non gratae: Autokicktool. Help getting rid of bots and bankrobbers from your guild more efficient.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1657-PersonaeNonGratae.html

    Arkadius Trade Tools: Out now. http://esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=1752#info
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Voice is John Cleese
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That question is a puzzle
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting question is what RACE is Cadwell. All the British accents in the game belong to elves, but you can't tell if Sir Cadwell is supposed to be elven, or a human race. You can't see his ears under the pot-hat. What do other people think?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    An interesting question is what RACE is Cadwell. All the British accents in the game belong to elves, but you can't tell if Sir Cadwell is supposed to be elven, or a human race. You can't see his ears under the pot-hat. What do other people think?

    I'd just assumed he was an original inhabitant of the hollow city, perhaps an ayleid. His ability to get around coldharbor and the fact that he gives the Cadwell's gold and silver quest arcs on behalf of Meridia always made me think he had been working for Meridia long before the player meets him in the wailing prison (where he is waiting to help the player escape).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    An interesting question is what RACE is Cadwell. All the British accents in the game belong to elves, but you can't tell if Sir Cadwell is supposed to be elven, or a human race. You can't see his ears under the pot-hat. What do other people think?

    his accent would only really dictate who raised him though - Zhasim showed us this (wrothgar quest)
    Be?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    An interesting question is what RACE is Cadwell. All the British accents in the game belong to elves, but you can't tell if Sir Cadwell is supposed to be elven, or a human race. You can't see his ears under the pot-hat. What do other people think?

    Cadwell seems a legit Breton to me
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UWiNhD5CSX2AAKDdkQLkfg.jpeg

    Interesting enough

    Gallant knight: Pelinal's is the original Divine Crusader
    rescued maidens: Pelinal's was Alessia's champion

    I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body

    N4nQTMlJSka1J19SvVfkeA.jpeg

    Considering Umaril was Meridia's Champion and that Pelinal defeated Umaril, maybe it was the very same Meridia who took Cadwell's soul to help her against Molag Bal. I suppose that after Umaril's defeat, she choose another champion... King Laloriarian Dynar.

    Pelinal's = Cadwell seems a good theory
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory is that Cadwell is the being that small piece of Molag Bal's power has come to reside in, much like Haskill or Barbas. This would explain why he knows everything about every inch of Coldharbor, and why he can teleport around it at will.

    As said earlier though, Cadwell can't be Pelinal because Pelinal appears to the Divine Crusader/Champion of Cyrodiil 750 years after eso. At this time he is entirely sane, quite convinced that he is in possession of his soul, and speaking from Aetherius. It would have been interesting but, unfortunately, Cadwell is not Pelinal Whitestrike. (Not to mention that by the sound of it, Pelinal's head was ceremoniously severed from his body)
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a dev to comment on this? haha
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell is a NPC in ESO.
    Urban.Monk

    www.youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Opticon
    Opticon
    ✭✭✭
    My Hero.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    My theory is that Cadwell is the being that small piece of Molag Bal's power has come to reside in, much like Haskill or Barbas. This would explain why he knows everything about every inch of Coldharbor, and why he can teleport around it at will.

    As said earlier though, Cadwell can't be Pelinal because Pelinal appears to the Divine Crusader/Champion of Cyrodiil 750 years after eso. At this time he is entirely sane, quite convinced that he is in possession of his soul, and speaking from Aetherius. It would have been interesting but, unfortunately, Cadwell is not Pelinal Whitestrike. (Not to mention that by the sound of it, Pelinal's head was ceremoniously severed from his body)

    But Cadwell at the end (Silver and Gold), has little to no insanity. Regarding the head taken... can be just another of Cadwell's jokes (like taking away the Nords from their Mead in the "Special Blend" quest).
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    My theory is that Cadwell is the being that small piece of Molag Bal's power has come to reside in, much like Haskill or Barbas. This would explain why he knows everything about every inch of Coldharbor, and why he can teleport around it at will.

    As said earlier though, Cadwell can't be Pelinal because Pelinal appears to the Divine Crusader/Champion of Cyrodiil 750 years after eso. At this time he is entirely sane, quite convinced that he is in possession of his soul, and speaking from Aetherius. It would have been interesting but, unfortunately, Cadwell is not Pelinal Whitestrike. (Not to mention that by the sound of it, Pelinal's head was ceremoniously severed from his body)

    But Cadwell at the end (Silver and Gold), has little to no insanity. Regarding the head taken... can be just another of Cadwell's jokes (like taking away the Nords from their Mead in the "Special Blend" quest).

    What are you talking about? Cadwell doesn't ever get less insane.

    How would it be a joke? He is explaining an event, changing that wouldn't be being funny, it would jut be being inaccurate.

    And once again: Cadwell has no soul and is bound to Coldharbor, Pelinal speaks to you from Aetherius. Also, Pelinal was killed by Ayleids that worshiped Meridia, meaning that there is no way they would ever send his soul to Coldharbor. Sorry but Cadwell simply Can't be Pelinal Whitestrike.
    Edited by Tyrobag on July 18, 2017 4:08PM
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭
    I actually like the idea of Pelinal being defeated by a Meridia worshiper because that would be a reason for him to end up in Coldharbour. The Hollow City is or at least seems to be a former city from Cyrodiil that Meridia sent in Molag Bal's realm as part of a plan. All the inhabitants at that time somehow found themselves in Coldharbour despite probably having no connection to Molag Bal and Pelinal could have had the same fate since Meridia seems to have some control over that zone.

    But there is in my opinion no way that Cadwell is Pelinal and one simple reason for me is their appearance.
    "Pelinal, his closest mythical model would be Gilgamesh, with a dash of a T-800 thrown in, and a full-serving of brain-fracture slaughterhouse antinomial (Kill)3 functions stuck in his hand or head" says MK. Cadwell is far from looking like a cyborg / robot.
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

    "[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sizaansil wrote: »
    I actually like the idea of Pelinal being defeated by a Meridia worshiper because that would be a reason for him to end up in Coldharbour. The Hollow City is or at least seems to be a former city from Cyrodiil that Meridia sent in Molag Bal's realm as part of a plan. All the inhabitants at that time somehow found themselves in Coldharbour despite probably having no connection to Molag Bal and Pelinal could have had the same fate since Meridia seems to have some control over that zone.

    But there is in my opinion no way that Cadwell is Pelinal and one simple reason for me is their appearance.
    "Pelinal, his closest mythical model would be Gilgamesh, with a dash of a T-800 thrown in, and a full-serving of brain-fracture slaughterhouse antinomial (Kill)3 functions stuck in his hand or head" says MK. Cadwell is far from looking like a cyborg / robot.

    Uncle Sheo doesn't look like Jyggalag
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizaansil wrote: »
    I actually like the idea of Pelinal being defeated by a Meridia worshiper because that would be a reason for him to end up in Coldharbour. The Hollow City is or at least seems to be a former city from Cyrodiil that Meridia sent in Molag Bal's realm as part of a plan. All the inhabitants at that time somehow found themselves in Coldharbour despite probably having no connection to Molag Bal and Pelinal could have had the same fate since Meridia seems to have some control over that zone.

    But there is in my opinion no way that Cadwell is Pelinal and one simple reason for me is their appearance.
    "Pelinal, his closest mythical model would be Gilgamesh, with a dash of a T-800 thrown in, and a full-serving of brain-fracture slaughterhouse antinomial (Kill)3 functions stuck in his hand or head" says MK. Cadwell is far from looking like a cyborg / robot.

    Invalid.
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Uncle Sheo doesn't look like Jyggalag
    I see your point even though I do not like that example because it involves two Daedric Princes which are known to shift shape. The other thing that bothers me is that if we can't compare their appearance nor their ideas / personality then it's almost impossible to have common elements between the two and get in favor of whether or not Pelinal and Cadwell are linked. But I get your idea.

    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Invalid.
    Please develop ^^

    "Still others, like Fifd of New Teed, say that beneath the Pelinal's star-armor was a chest that gaped open to show no heart"
    In the event of you meaning that MK is not a valid source, I found this one in the sixth volume.


    [Edit] On a side note, I apologize if my english is not perfect, it ain't my main language. And the wiki is usually avoided as it is filled with mistakes and imprecisions :/
    Edited by Sizaansil on July 19, 2017 3:09PM
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

    "[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizaansil wrote: »
    Please develop ^^

    You are quoting MK's fake lore, which is non canon. By doing so you've invalidated your entire argument.
    Edited by Tyrobag on July 19, 2017 3:29PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Xvorg that's a solid and interesting theory

    Coincidence that they share that much in common in regards to their deaths and events in life or is it the same person?

  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    An interesting question is what RACE is Cadwell. All the British accents in the game belong to elves, but you can't tell if Sir Cadwell is supposed to be elven, or a human race. You can't see his ears under the pot-hat. What do other people think?

    He's been confirmed to be a Breton.
Sign In or Register to comment.