The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone know how to navigate eso support?

Captain2
Captain2
✭✭✭
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to navigate ESO's support system to actually get someone helpful. My girlfriend's eso account was banned and while looking into it she discovered that ESO had been mistakenly lumped in with some legitimately fraudulent credit card charges due to their weird way of appearing on credit card statements. This was done by the bank and not her, she charged back the actual fraudulent charges and the bank decided to lump eso in with them.

Long story short. She explained the situation to eso support repeatedly. Requested that the bank reverse those charge backs but was largely greeted with being talked down to. She has sent proof of the charge backs being reversed. She also made a reasonable request that her eso plus be paused while shes banned since the chargeback for it has been reversed and She had now paid for it.

Today she got a threatening letter basically saying that her eso plus would not be paused. She would not be compensated and while her account would be unbanned for thirty days, if the charge backs aren't reversed by then ( theyve already been reversed for two weeks) that she will be permanently banned.

I naturally got mad upon reading this. My girlfriend has been an incredible supporter of the game and her infectious enthusiasm for it has fueled my own love for it. But after all of the talking down to her and threats I have no clue what to do to fix this situation.

She doesn't want to be permanently banned and She wants to know if anyone knows if there is someone reasonable in eso support that we can perhaps request. It was all an innocent mistake but in my opinion their treatment of her has been disgusting.

Tldr; bank makes mistake. Eso support treats my girlfriend like a thief. Want to know if there is someone helpful we can request.

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain2 wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno I was told on Reddit that you may be able to help.
    She may be able to, but I don't know how much she lurks the forums on the weekends.

You could also try shooting her PM (click her @ link you made and then you should see an option to message her), hopefully she'll pick that up.
    Be aware though she get insane numbers of notifications (she showed a picture recently with tens of thousands) so it could take some time to get back to you.

Also generally when I have dealt with ZOS staff via PM messages about issues they will still ask if you have a ticket number in order to help. So it might be worth submitting a ticket first so you can send her that information in the PM as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Captain2
    Captain2
    ✭✭✭
    This is a sticky situation, that sounds familiar. Not sure if this is the same situation that someone brought up a week ago.

Basically, to white knight a bit, I think that ZOS sees people buy something, and charge it back, as some manner of theft, and they want no part of it, or the person who is doing it. The charge back is a way to circumvent whatever refund policy that ZOS has. This is particularly sticky when the product that was charged back got used, or credited to the account already.

The only suggestion that I have is to press the issue until they cave. You have done nothing wrong. You are making the efforts to get things fixed. They sound like they are very tenacious about what they believe, though. A lot of people probably just give up.

Thank you. It helps to hear that.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, basically just click Support on the top menu, log in using your game account details (not forum), click Web assistant on the right hand side and follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
    You may receive an automated reply at first, and if you do, just reply to it and you should get a human after that.

Good luck.
    Edited by Alucardo on July 9, 2017 2:30PM
  • Captain2
    Captain2
    ✭✭✭
    We've done that. We're wondering if there's actually a useful human we could request.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've done that. We're wondering if there's actually a useful human we could request.

Ah, I see. No you don't get to choose who you speak to unfortunately. If you're not happy with your current assistant, ask for someone else and they should pass it on. You are the customer after all.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Head to this page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

Click "web assist" on the right side of the page and then log-on on the red box of text which is above the choose format options.

Then choose your format and choose, from there you probably want to file something under billing to get in contact with them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Captain2
    Captain2
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Ah, I see. No you don't get to choose who you speak to unfortunately. If you're not happy with your current assistant, ask for someone else and they should pass it on. You are the customer after all.

Yeah so far we've just gone from someone talking down to her to now someone threatening a permanent ban.
  • Captain2
    Captain2
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I was told on Reddit that you may be able to help.
  • Captain2
    Captain2
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno I was told on Reddit that you may be able to help.
    She may be able to, but I don't know how much she lurks the forums on the weekends.

You could also try shooting her PM (click her @ link you made and then you should see an option to message her), hopefully she'll pick that up.
    Be aware though she get insane numbers of notifications (she showed a picture recently with tens of thousands) so it could take some time to get back to you.

Also generally when I have dealt with ZOS staff via PM messages about issues they will still ask if you have a ticket number in order to help. So it might be worth submitting a ticket first so you can send her that information in the PM as well.

Excellent advice. thank you :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a sticky situation, that sounds familiar. Not sure if this is the same situation that someone brought up a week ago.

Basically, to white knight a bit, I think that ZOS sees people buy something, and charge it back, as some manner of theft, and they want no part of it, or the person who is doing it. The charge back is a way to circumvent whatever refund policy that ZOS has. This is particularly sticky when the product that was charged back got used, or credited to the account already.

The only suggestion that I have is to press the issue until they cave. You have done nothing wrong. You are making the efforts to get things fixed. They sound like they are very tenacious about what they believe, though. A lot of people probably just give up.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the problems with a company not having any phone support. You can't HEAR someone you're talking to and it's so easy to dehumanize them that way. I hope you will be able to reach someone who's willing to pay attention to the person behind the text!