The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vvardenfell Furniture Plan Drop Rates

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still go to IC for Tel Var farming. The Morrowind DLC didn't last even half as long
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am up to Over 100 Velothi Caisson, Crypt collected.
    itemLinkImage.php?itemid=126773&level=1&quality=3&enchantid=0&enchantintlevel=0&enchantinttype=0&v=&summary&potiondata=-1&stolen=-1&writ1=0&writ2=0&writ3=0&writ4=0&writ5=0&writ6=0&itemlink=
    And i have come across 10 different styles of Velothi Shrouds.(not including the countless duplicates)

I still cannot find the furnishing plan I want to learn.
    TTC has no listings for it either.
    I have been sweeping the guild stores in all major trading cities hourly.
    As well as posting in every zone chat i visit that i am looking to buy.
    Edited by TeIvanni on August 7, 2017 8:20AM
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only been farming for the last couple of weeks and I've managed 2 purple furnishing plans, but they were the Redguard Streetlamps, full (which I didn't have) and the Argonian Table, Horn (which I already had).

I did manage to find a handful of blue Vvardenfell recipes, but I had all but one of them (Redoran fork, Redoran spoon, Dres bowl, Hlaalu bookcase). Oh...I also found the Ashlander Tray, Bread and Cheese (which I thought Ashlander plans only dropped in the Ashlander dailies).

Otherwise, I've found a good number of the green Vvardenfell plans, which I already had. Still can't find the Hlaalu Welcome Mat and a few other greens.

I'm already getting burned out on urn looting...
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I did manage to find a handful of blue Vvardenfell recipes, but I had all but one of them (Redoran fork, Redoran spoon, Dres bowl, Hlaalu bookcase). Oh...I also found the Ashlander Tray, Bread and Cheese (which I thought Ashlander plans only dropped in the Ashlander dailies).

Aaah, you found two versions of the Hlaalu bookcase? So jealous. XD
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Aaah, you found two versions of the Hlaalu bookcase? So jealous. XD

Actually, I only found one. I bought the first one cheap from a guild trader (20k).

In fact, the spoon I had also purchased from a trader, so technically, the Dres bowl is the only one I've found more than once (I think this was my third one). So, that leaves the fork that was brand new to me. So, lots of dishware! Which, come to think of it, the only two purple Vvardenfell plans I've found (from stealing) are the Redoran tray, floral and the Redoran plate, meal. So, I'm not really finding much on my own in the way of basic furnishings for a house (well, except for the green plans).
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous!

It has been over a month of 3+ (usually 5+) hours a day farming urns.

That's easily over 150 hours spent searching urns...

I have not found the plan I am looking for. Nor have i seen anyone selling it.

During this time I have come across EIGHT, thats right EIGHT, Imperial Motifs.

Edited by TeIvanni on August 20, 2017 7:36AM
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous!

It has been over a month of 3+ (usually 5+) hours a day farming urns.

That's easily over 150 hours spent searching urns...

I have not found the plan I am looking for. Nor have i seen anyone selling it.

During this time I have come across EIGHT, thats right EIGHT, Imperial Motifs.

This is too funny. i was just talking earlier today about how my luck is absolutely incredible at finding imperial motifs! i honestly think their drop rate is higher than that of the Morrowind blue plans lol

It is called elder scrolls online for a reason ... by the time you find what you were farming for, you will be knocking on deaths door.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on August 20, 2017 8:11AM
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    I've got a couple of alts parked in Dreloth and Hleran tombs and have found a couple of purples and some blues but far more non Vvardenfell green plans from several runs a day. I am wondering if there are any other locations with as many urns as these two tombs? I've done a fair bit of exploring but not found anywhere.

Also does anyone have a link to a list of all the new plans, I can't seen to find anything using google? Thanks.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a list of the new plans, they are in Craftstore.

Did the drop rates take a nerf after Monday's patch? I've been running 5 toons through both Dreloth and Hleran today getting low drop rates of even green plans.

The more we gripe the worse the drop rate will get?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want a list of the new plans, they are in Craftstore.

Did the drop rates take a nerf after Monday's patch? I've been running 5 toons through both Dreloth and Hleran today getting low drop rates of even green plans.

The more we gripe the worse the drop rate will get?

I hope not! The drop rate is already abysmal as it is. I'm on XB, but with all the farming I've done (not nearly as much as others here), I've not found a single purple MW plan (I had found 2 earlier within the first couple weeks from stealing). I have managed to find a handful of blues, but it's already discouraging trying to find anything, and if I have a lower drop rate to look forward to, I may just do nothing else in game but farm.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 24, 2017 6:34PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the drop rate got any worse, I just think it is all RNG and I find whenever they do a maintenance or patch update, my RNG is really bad for at least 24hrs until it resets. I'm begging to see a lot of the new motifs popping up in the guild stores, but for the prices right now, I know at least I won't be bothering to purchase any of them.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I was wondering which Tomb you run that has 80 urns :)?

Dreloth, Pick up the mission from the shy chick nearby. Thats the one ive been doing...

Also Hleran by Ald'ruhn has more, but you will have to fight a bit and run accross a lava river to access. Quest pickup near Ald'ruhn.

Isn't it true that once you complete the quest you lose access to most of the urns?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I was wondering which Tomb you run that has 80 urns :)?

Dreloth, Pick up the mission from the shy chick nearby. Thats the one ive been doing...

Also Hleran by Ald'ruhn has more, but you will have to fight a bit and run accross a lava river to access. Quest pickup near Ald'ruhn.

Isn't it true that once you complete the quest you lose access to most of the urns?

Been a while since I've visited this thread... 2 years or so!

Anyway, to answer your question; in the Dreloth Ancestral Tomb, you will lose access to the 3rd chamber of urns (~20-ish urns if I recall) if you complete the quest. You have to start the quest to access the 3rd chamber though.

Back when I was running it pretty regularly, I went ahead and completed the quest because once you enter the third chamber you have to exit the tomb completely (can't go backwards through the interior door) and run around the hillside and go back inside. This exiting and entering both create load screens in addition to the time spent running around outside.

Since I was running it on multiple characters that I would just leave logged off in the tomb, the loss of time from those load screens and running wasn't worth the few extra urns.

Now, there are several other tombs with urns in them, and OP back in 2017 might have been referencing one of them and not the Dreloth tomb. In that case, I cannot comment about quest completion blocking access to those.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)