Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Imp City Prison Vault

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
I thought you could use the Key Fragments found in Imperial City to open the chests in Imperial City Prison and White Gold Tower? I have a ton of keys on me right now but the vault door says I need Daedric Shackle pieces or something. I swear it's opened before.

Looking for Sheer Venom and Scathing Mage pieces.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many is tons? You need 150 for every key in that vault.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger, I had 10,000 on me at the time. Even the description on the Key Shards mentions ICP and WGT vaults. Annoying as he'll they wouldn't open.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need 150 key fragments in order to open that vault, as opposed to 60 of them for the 6 vaults in the city. They now stack 200x just like any other item (it used to be 60 but they changed that a while back). But be aware that activating a door will convert all the fragments you have into keys for that specific vault. The keys will be bound to your char's inventory, unlike the fragments, which can be traded. Also in the long run it's not really that advantageous to play the RNG box at ICP vault since fragments go for about 120 gold each on guild stores so you are throwing away 18K gold for each try, either directly, if you bought them or indirectly, as foregone profits. It's more efficient just running the dungeon since the drops are the same. nICP is really easy and can be done by 2 people in 20 minutes or less (can't be soloed due to the levers before the end boss). With 4 people it takes probably 12-15 if you just skip the mobs and go for the bosses. The more people in the group, the better the chances you will get what you need.
    Edited by Asardes on July 6, 2017 12:51PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    My issue was that the vault will not open. Don't care about the economics behind opening vaults vs other ways of obtaining the gear. I had 10k key fragments on me and the vault just said I need 150 Daedric shackles...the descriptor on the Key Shards says 150 can open the vaults. 10,000 is slightly more than 150.

I am wondering why the vault will not open even though I have met all necessary requirements.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger, I had 10,000 on me at the time. Even the description on the Key Shards mentions ICP and WGT vaults. Annoying as he'll they wouldn't open.

Is your inventory full? They tank up bank space when they convert. Bank them so you have just 150 on you and at least 3 inventory spaces.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I cleared a lot of my inventory before I went to the vaults in anticipation of the new gear. Maybe I will try again tonight. Wouldn't even let me into the Daedric vault itself. Been playing this game for 2 years now so when something simple like this doesn't work properly it is that much more confusing.

Thank you for the replies
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to pull them out of the bank and carry them in your toons inventory.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan Thank you for the reply. Yes, I had the keys out of my bank and in my inventory. Sorry I know people are just trying to help (as I asked). Was hoping I maybe tried to enter the wrong vault or something. But as far as I know there is only 1 vault in each dungeon. I have opened the chests before...who knows, maybe just glitchy.

Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having issues opening the vault, and have the necessary key fragments on your inventory when trying to access the door, then I would start an in-game support ticket.

Old vault-specific keys (see list below) are supposed to auto-convert to key fragments when entering the vault itself.

One more thing ... try disabling all your add-ons and trying the vault door again (again with necessary key fragments on your inventory).

• Bone Shards
    • Bloody Claws
    • Daedric Embers
    • Daedric Shackles
    • Dark Ether
    • Mark of the Legion
    • Monstrous Teeth
    • Planar Armor
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 6, 2017 7:18PM