The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

101 Suggestions to make Cyrodiil PvP great again

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post mate, really well thought out points and there were way more than 101 ideas...

Can someone give this guy a job at ZoS?

@Brian_Wheeler
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very thoughtful post!

Not sure about some of the suggested class and scoring changes, but I love your suggestions for Map Improvements, Quality of Life and Keeps/Siege.

Definitely some kind of new features are needed to fully exploit the potential of this massive map. We have all these delves, lots of empty terrain with nothing going on. (And many ayeleid ruins that you can't enter)

I might add for quality of life to put guild store access in the dialogue menu for the Cyrodiil banker at the gate, as well as the quartermasters at resources (so when all the keeps are claimed by troll guilds, at least you will be able to buy from legit trading guilds at the resources). Maybe add respec shrines at the gate as well.
    Dumping flaming oil from the grate over the keep front door does zero damage. This needs to be fixed.

This happens in some specific keeps, but works in others.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 6, 2017 5:40PM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler your thoughts?
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if zos would be mean and make those sugessted changes only available as a PvP DLC.... I would buy it and even if it costs 25€!!! So please check this out @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding respawn/transit to outposts was actually a really horrible change. Makes outposts meaningless and nothing more than mini-keeps.

Completely eliminated interesting tactics like hitting the back keep to cut off reinforcements to the outpost.
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if a reduction in grp size to 18 is enough ... would maybe aim for something like 8-14

and sieging has to be redesigned heavily...its just wrong that you can operate 3 sieges and a ram simultaneously as a single player ...
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can I request that a ZOS_ is put in front of your name since If they did about 25 of your suggestions I would come back.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some epic ideas there, wow
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's more that can be added to this, sadly.

For instance --

Permafrost's stun animation should be canceled when the victim attempts to break free (and has the stamina to do so) and should not keep playing, forcing your character to stand in place and not defend themselves.

Cliff Racer (and its morphs) should be dodgeable, much like you can with the actual mob the skill is named after. Either that, or its base damage should be reduced. Preferably both.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps should be much harder to take. Even pug grps can Take keeps now in 2-3mins. Even with spotters you dont have a Chance to deff keeps against ram + multiple ballista.

And remove the ap ticks from ressources/ keeps. Too many ppl avoid Fights on PC EU because they can make more APS taking an empty keep.

And sry didnt read OP Post yet. Maybe something is already mentioned
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Keeps should be much harder to take. Even pug grps can Take keeps now in 2-3mins. Even with spotters you dont have a Chance to deff keeps against ram + multiple ballista.

And remove the ap ticks from ressources/ keeps. Too many ppl avoid Fights on PC EU because they can make more APS taking an empty keep.

Please don't. OP mentioned reducing the AP from keeps, and while the rest of his ideas are good, this one isn't. There already is little incentive to take most keeps aside from an emp group. Most people are just farmers.

Gankers can make easily 10x that in the time it takes to take a keep. I say, make def/off ticks much larger, to be worth the time.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Please don't. OP mentioned reducing the AP from keeps, and while the rest of his ideas are good, this one isn't. There already is little incentive to take most keeps aside from an emp group. Most people are just farmers.

Gankers can make easily 10x that in the time it takes to take a keep. I say, make def/off ticks much larger, to be worth the time.

Maybe but then give the night/morning capper a heavy AP penalty. They are raiding every morning (Starts about 5am) empty Caps. (2-3 Pop against 5 enemies in total). Its a real problem on the PC EU server. We dont have the pleasure of Multiple time zones here. And the ppl who raid every morning are rly Bad but still getting gold rewards because Ap/hr with only circle raiding is enough for that.

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe but then give the night/morning capper a heavy AP penalty. They are raiding every morning (Starts about 5am) empty Caps. (2-3 Pop against 5 enemies in total). Its a real problem on the PC EU server. We dont have the pleasure of Multiple time zones here. And the ppl who raid every morning are rly Bad but still getting gold rewards because Ap/hr with only circle raiding is enough for that.

The real solution to this isn't a penalty that happens on the map itself. There's no reason that the map should be governed by a time piece.

There should be dynamic population caps that prevent the faction stacking against an empty map that you're describing. This means the most populous faction's pop lock is locked to match the lowest pop's current number of players (give or take a half dozen players). By doing this it prevents a large block of players from being all on one faction and instead encourages zergs to break apart into smaller chunks and fight amongst each other instead of empty keeps to be allowed onto the map to play.

If they insist on staying in one faction, they can wait in a queue while other factions are admitted freely.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm generally against player manifestos because I don't think it's practical to debate the individual points.

But let's say ZOS was to do all of this, what would it take to get it done? Lots of devs working hard on PVP. I think this highlights the true issue in Cyrodiil: ZOS, as a company, isn't even trying. AvA has been on life support for years.

Forget any individual ideas, I just want ZOS to invest resources in AvA and make a serious attempt to make Cyrodiil an awesome gameplay experience.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The real solution to this isn't a penalty that happens on the map itself. There's no reason that the map should be governed by a time piece.

There should be dynamic population caps that prevent the faction stacking against an empty map that you're describing. This means the most populous faction's pop lock is locked to match the lowest pop's current number of players (give or take a half dozen players). By doing this it prevents a large block of players from being all on one faction and instead encourages zergs to break apart into smaller chunks and fight amongst each other instead of empty keeps to be allowed onto the map to play.

If they insist on staying in one faction, they can wait in a queue while other factions are admitted freely.

Wont Happen. Ad has about 1 full raid in the morning + some zergsurfers etc. Optimistic guess is about 30-60 ppl. Ep and DC has 10-20 together. So you wont allow 40 ppl to play?

And what is about the grief potential if one realm decides to log off so ppl cant get to cyrodil
    Edited by Iyas on July 6, 2017 9:59PM

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome post but then just about everything joy posts is worth reading, pretty much always constructive and insightful. Let us hope that at least some of this might be put into practice or at least be considered.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    surely 101 should have been dalmation pets.....
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with this list, but I do enjoy raids full of 40 people. this is large scale pvp. a war
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props for actually typing in 101 different bullet points
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stop reading about halfway through and realized you should just be in charge as you clearly have put more thought into it than the current dev team.

I did almost the same. I read the first 30 then scrolled down and read some random points. I just dont want to read them all because I will just want something that is not likely to happen or if ZoS listen to some of the ideas they will implement them too late and with their wrong vision.
    Because I can!
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should be hiring you, Joy.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm okay with this list, but I do enjoy raids full of 40 people. this is large scale pvp. a war

Agree'd. As much as people dislike zerging, i do still enjoy a massive battle between 3 factions at any keep.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    A well thought out list of things that could actually improve this game. Well done joy division, oh and https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1389. You might want to consider...
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dynamic pop caps (while being the most desireable solution) are a form of penalty - but they also create problems: for example what do you want to do when one faction starts to log out/loose players before the others.
    Do you boot people from cyro?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

dynamic pop caps (while being the most desireable solution) are a form of penalty - but they also create problems: for example what do you want to do when one faction starts to log out/loose players before the others.
    Do you boot people from cyro?

I think this would fix itself naturally, without having to boot anyone. Even an overpopulated faction isn't overpopulated because it's whole population stays online 24/7. They have people logging out, and different people logging in, all the time.

If a factions starts losing players it is not because its players are logging off more frequently than the other factions, it is because there are no replacements coming in. So over the course of time, the other 2 factions would gradually lose players to match the lowest faction(their replacements, while available, would be put into a queue). It would not be perfect - there would be short periods of time with unbalanced populations(for example when a whole guild logs off at the same time) - but i could live with that. At least there would be no alarm-clock raids possible.
    Edited by Sharee on July 9, 2017 10:40AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is so good, I was sad when it ended. Like reading a really good book and looking up remembering that none of the things you just read about are real, but you sure wish they were. Too bad ZoS's imagination is so limited. :cry:
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun fighting you in pvp Joy. you keep me on edge and force me to bring my A game or I die. Great list I hope to see at least some things implemented in the future. Hope Zos is reading
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    >90. Alliance war skill dedicated for magicka mobility
    by mobility do you mean SUMMONING :mrgreen: Require 3 players and a soul gem per player transported. We can finally use those portals in the corners of keeps. Group members only.
    >7. Following up on the last point, gear will never be thought of as a counter to general balance issues again.
    >92. Speaking of CC break, that should have priority over every other action or input the server calculates.
    >Get rid of the Champion System.
    Amen.
    >24. There are capture nodes all over Cyrodiil that flip about as quickly as the “domination” flags in Battlegrounds
    fengGasm
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Some may say it's pointless to post these ideas on the forums but it's still furthering your chance of success even if only by .0001% that they even do one or two of those things.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proposal 102: Rotate alliance home bases every week for campaigns. This would def introduce more of the map to ppl who main one alliance and hardly ever venture to remote areas of different alliances. Im looking at you AD all safe and cozy in the south...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."