Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So what secret or interesting areas of the game have you found?

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an area in Craglorn of about ten different harvest nodes that give nirncrux every time.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Second Entry
    We've had a breakthrough! We managed to turn back time a few hours …! As soon as we figure out how to extend it, we can go back and change history. And I shall be Queen of Bangkorai, not that puling wench Arzhela!

Final Entry
    We must have done something terribly wrong. We're caught in a time trap—we keep reliving the same few hours over and over again. Any minute now, someone will come in and kill us all to reclaim the book. Then it will happen all over again …."

Kind of a nice way to explain why the same NPCs and bosses are always around even after you dispatch them.

That, and Parcooti's Mole Asses. Makes me chuckle every time.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Bangkorai at the Light House near Evermore, if you go past that along the coastline you see some boulders in the water that makes it look like the way is blocked so you can't go any further. Welp you actually can. There's no slaughterfish in the water around the rocks so you can swim past them and the coast just keeps going until you find a camp and three NPCs.

2 1/2 years of playing this game and I'd NEVER been there before cause I always thought it was out of bounds.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the area to the east of Drakelow, I'd buy a crown fishing hut over there (and live in solitude) in an instant!
    .. k, maybe. I' have to think about it.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a spot, and I forget where it is, haven't found it in a long while-- migth be very easy to find, and a common sight-- hell, there may even be multiple like it. But im getting off point-- There's a small camp near at the edge of a forested cliff, with a chair and an artists easel. where it would appear that some NPC was interrupted while painting the countryside. I always thought it was an excellent touch.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    There’s a place in the sewers where you can just fall through the map . Once under you can ride around under the sewers and off in the distance you can see where there are buildings marked A-Z that were put in (obv not usable ). You can’t kill anyone or anything like that under but it’s still pretty neat .
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a place in vvardenfel, I can't remember where it is, but it has a tree house you can climb (by using a button prompt) that has 2 skeletons sat down, with loads of pumpkins and iirc a banjo!
    It was really strange. I found it in the witches festival so thought it might have been a part of that, but it is still there.
  • SirPaws
    SirPaws
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the spot as you approach Nchuleft from the Valley of the Wind Wayshrine - There's a short drop just up from the ruin with a ladder to climb back up, at the bottom is a cave in and a few skeletons. I like these little untold story areas (unless it is actually part of a story that I don't know of :lol: ) and this one makes me wonder what happened. Was the ladder placed there and left after a rescue of survivors, or was someone looting? I just like the imagination factor I guess :lol:
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a spot, and I forget where it is, haven't found it in a long while-- migth be very easy to find, and a common sight-- hell, there may even be multiple like it. But im getting off point-- There's a small camp near at the edge of a forested cliff, with a chair and an artists easel. where it would appear that some NPC was interrupted while painting the countryside. I always thought it was an excellent touch.

there is a spot like that in auridon across the water from the college.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often wonder if developers say, "Let's put something here, because someone will eventually try to scale this mountain and find it."

I believe it's in the Rift, but there's a mountain area I tried scaling just to get to another area because I really didn't want to travel, even with a mount, halfway down the map just to turn and go north.

So I do what most people try to do: scale the accursed mountain.

I jumped, scooted, prodded, paid to get unstuck, ran back to jump, scoot, and prod myself up and found a campsite with a master treasure chest. Sadly, this was definitely as high as I could go, so I had to scale back down, and then curse as I had to mount up and ride halfway down the map just to go north again.

I find these campsites all the time. Some have NPCs, most don't. Only a few had chests (unless someone beat me to it).

Another secret I found, whose location and delve name is now lost to time, had a hidden exit from the mine not shown on the map. I explored a back area of the mine and found an interaction which took me outside, clear on the other side of the mountain. It was an awesome shortcut while I was in the area.

I believe this entrance may be a way into the area from another quest, if I had to guess. Every so often, a quest will get me into a delve/area via another means, but usually, the access is locked once the quest is over.

I find it incredibly odd the Ayleids would build such massive structures but with only one exit.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh in Cyrodiil on a hill between Aleswell and Bleakers I believe are 4 women and a bound man...one woman is sharpening knives and another playing music....upon further investigation you see 4 notes...all love letters from the man to all 4women...
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it's hidden for most erpers but I just discovered a bath house in wrothgar and it gave me a chuckle.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A book in a Wrothgar Library where Darian is reaching out from the beyond and begging for help from wherever the heck he is.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    There's an area in Craglorn of about ten different harvest nodes that give nirncrux every time.

The problem is that in order to get them to spawn you have to do a naked Imperial dance in front of 10 different trolls and if you die you have to start over.
  • Wolfsong
    Wolfsong
    ✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil, behind one of the main EP gates, we found a hill that had a half-dug-up grave, with a coffin and skeleton. There was this creepy fog around the whole area, and a note on the ground. I don't really remember what the note was about, but we thought it was a cool place to randomly find.
    And behind another alliance gate, we found a small campsite under a bridge and another note.
    Also by one of the AD gates, there is an area that has an unfinished town. It's surrounded by slaughterfish and nearly impossible to get to. But, after some tricky jumps we did manage to reach the other shore, and did get to explore a little.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love finding camps and an NPC nearby that normally has not much to say to you, but sometimes they say someting as you approach...

I found one of these somewhere in Malabal Tor, and there was a single bosmer lady there... and she said as I approached running, as always, "Stay quiet! or you'll spook the fish" or something like that :open_mouth:

I laughed loud at that one :smiley:

There's also a grumpy Orc near a tree in Malabal Tor that stays at a camp near a wayshrine... I think he's part of a quest or something but you cannot interact with him afterwards. I always smile when I get near (there's a survey spot nearby) since he always mumbles something when you pass by him :smiley:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a rune that consistently gives me 5 Kuta every 24 hours!!!!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sad for the lonely npc ghost near sej in cyrodil :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This place is kind of cool i just found it by accident while grinding here one day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DmWYI620vw
    Edited by Jake1576 on April 28, 2018 3:31AM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The imp city is really awesome.

Secret hideouts and the like.

in the sewers, in the ep or DC side there is a skeleton that is standing upright that was a traveller that seemingly died while trying to walk against the current. Always makes me chuckle.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listened to a loving couple in a park on Stros M'Kai who were talking about how to get rid of her husband - funny, that such things can be found in many games - I discovered such a couple as well in St. James Park in AC Syndicate for example.
  • Karldor
    Karldor
    ✭✭
    In cyrodil found three women with a tide up male ready to kill him, safe to say they found out he was cheating lol
    PS4 EU
    DK-Breton Tank
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karldor wrote: »
    In cyrodil found three women with a tide up male ready to kill him, safe to say they found out he was cheating lol

Lol
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend showed me a way into a secret Rivenspire with old game assets.

trTlMg0.jpg
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forget the zone area, but I found a skeleton with its Skull placed in its pelvic area. Obviously that NPC was a Politician of some sorts.
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    In Malabal Tor I found a cliff with lots of loose papers lying around. Looking down the cliff there was a skeleton with a lute and more papers. Poor guy, someone should have told him that mastering an instrument can be pretty hard.

I recently did the quest in Vvardenfell where you have to track down the ancestral tombs for the librarian and since a can sort of read daedric letters I noticed that one of the tombs had a wrong name written on of. Probably more of a mistake though.