Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Enchanting Question

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
I have a problem wrapping my almost 70-year old mind around enchanting results. I.e., I have a level 50 enchanter (magsorc), but have no idea how to do a specific enchant.

For example, while leveling her enchanting, I managed to make some enchants that add damage to a sorceress spell damage (the enchants were for jewelry). So, I made some extra for my other casters, because now, I don't know how to go back and make more.

I understand the basic idea of enchanting, need 3 different types, etc., but if someone wanted me to make more of those additional spell damage glyphs, I have no idea which runes to use.

Is there a list of all glyps, and which runes are required to make a particular glyph?

I've been Googling ESO enchanting and found some info, but it's not helping much.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes a little longer lol.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there. Ok so this link gives you the breakdown - http://tamrieljournal.com/crafting-and-professions/enchanting/

The 'top' runes when you open enchanting is the Potency. This just means the Level of the kit (and player most probably) that the rune can work on. I.e. Anything past CP160 is a Repora or Itade.

The middle (yellow) runes are the essence, (think flavour) I.e. What it does. Be it fire, shock, spell damage, magika etc

The bottom choice is Aspect. This is easy this is the colour (strength) of the glyph so as per the rest of the game white > green > blue > purple > gold

Best thing you can is make all the combinations, as after you unlock (learn) what a tune does by making a Glyph it says what it does. Likewise if you select 1 potency, 1 essence, 1 aspect it will display what that glyph would be.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Enchanting shows all the results from the runes too, the effects are based on the Essence Runes so this sounds like the section of most use to you.

Unfortunately the Tamriel Journal article that @Beardimus linked is woefully out-of-date. I can promise that my website is current information.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UESP also has a concise list of the potency and essence rune combos for making glyphs.

Not that @Tevalaur 's guide isn't good ... it is excellent too.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good shout @Tevalaur !
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much everyone, at least now I know how to make a glyph if someone asks for something specific.