The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would Minor Vulnerability via Concussion Result in the Sorcs Parse Gap?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
This has just been gnawing at me for a while, But I have no idea how much the minor vulnerability proc impacts sorcs. Does it cause them on average to deal higher single target damage than if they were to use a fire staff?
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very significant.

On my Warden, the minor vuln uptime is around 10% on target skele. On my Sorc (which uses a lightning staff back bar, fire staff front bar), it's >70% usually. Everything in a Sorc's arsenal procs it- Liquid Lighting, Ilambris, Fury, Storm, Crushing Shock. Pretty much nothing on Warden procs it. This is a free few thousand DPS for Sorcs just due to how the entire class is based around shock damage.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very significant.

On my Warden, the minor vuln uptime is around 10% on target skele. On my Sorc (which uses a lightning staff back bar, fire staff front bar), it's >70% usually. Everything in a Sorc's arsenal procs it- Liquid Lighting, Ilambris, Fury, Storm, Crushing Shock. Pretty much nothing on Warden procs it. This is a free few thousand DPS for Sorcs just due to how the entire class is based around shock damage.

Do you think that's balanced? With Flame being the whole single target thing, should Concussion increase the single target damage of an enemy? Or do something like a small AoE damage burst, further amplifying its identity as an AoE damage type?
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor Vulnerability debuffs the mob, so in a group setting everyone benefits from the effect. The only place Sorc would be unequally balanced in terms of Vulnerability uptime against the other classes is in solo skeleton parses, and there, other classes have buffs that Sorcs don't have access to. Like, is it Minor Savagery that gives the player 8% more damage? That's basically the same as Minor Vulnerability, just a buff for the player instead of a debuff to the mob.

It all balances out in the wash, I think. And in group settings, everyone benefits from what each class brings to the table.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Minor Vulnerability debuffs the mob, so in a group setting everyone benefits from the effect. The only place Sorc would be unequally balanced in terms of Vulnerability uptime against the other classes is in solo skeleton parses, and there, other classes have buffs that Sorcs don't have access to. Like, is it Minor Savagery that gives the player 8% more damage? That's basically the same as Minor Vulnerability, just a buff for the player instead of a debuff to the mob.

It all balances out in the wash, I think. And in group settings, everyone benefits from what each class brings to the table.

True, however you're able to obtain Minor Berserk (8% Damage bonus) via combat prayer in a group setting as well. Sorcs got the bonus of minor Sorcery, whereas NB's have the bonus of Minor Savagery (Weapon Crit Bonus) and the easy access to Minor Berserk. While Minor Vulnerability in a group setting will even out the classes, in solo or small group content to me it seems a little... Out of place. AoE focused damage increasing Single Target Damage.