Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Experienced Trials Healers [Do Same Morphs Stack?]

Tremors
Tremors
✭✭✭
Do you usually take seperate morphs of grand healing, regeneration, ect?

Does healer 1 take healing springs and the other take illustrious?
Edited by Tremors on June 27, 2017 8:34PM
Passionfruit GM - PC NA
Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    illustrious is a realy strong healing morph IF you are able to stustain it.
    I used it before morrowind but with the sustain changes i cant sustain it any more. Nothing worse than a healer that Needs to heavy attack during execute Phase while everyone arround you dies to aoe dmg (and every Trial has this realy hard aoe heavy execute on the last Boss)
    Thats mainly the reason why all our healers use the more cost effective healing springs Morph.
    PC EUW
    Main characters:
    CP630 - Templar support - Neaara - proud argonian
    CP630 - Warden support - Neaaro - proud argonian
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you run trials with the same healer regularly it is an idea for you to plan between you who does what, and be the best healing duo- the best example being which of you will run worm (no point you both running it),

springs is amazing for sustaining and as said pretty essential with the recent changes

but if you do not have a solid trials team - run the skills/armour that is best for you (try to have a back up set so you can switch out gear)
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Wait...neither of you answered my question. I don't care about healing or how to do it. I want to know if you have to use the seperate morphs on healer a and b. Or if you both use springs, is that also fine.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait...neither of you answered my question. I don't care about healing or how to do it. I want to know if you have to use the seperate morphs on healer a and b. Or if you both use springs, is that also fine.

The answer is that AoE healing DoTs, just like AoE dmg dots, stack.

If both of you cast healing springs both healing springs will stack, so there is no point of running illustious healing.

What more, your own healing springs (and other morphs) stack with each other, which makes them a unique DoT since it doesn't expire when you recast it.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    BUT .... target based HoTs dont stack. so if you cast Mutagene / rapid regeneration (both useless spells in my opinion :P) on the same target, it will just refresh the duration
    Edited by Neaa on June 27, 2017 10:32AM
    PC EUW
    Main characters:

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »

The answer is that AoE healing DoTs, just like AoE dmg dots, stack.

If both of you cast healing springs both healing springs will stack, so there is no point of running illustious healing.

What more, your own healing springs (and other morphs) stack with each other, which makes them a unique DoT since it doesn't expire when you recast it.

Ok that's confirmed? Because my team seems to think it refreshes the duration when both healers have the same morph. On Xbox we only have character sheet.

So rapid regen and mutagen have to be seperate morphs? I imagine this would not be the case either, the logic implies that poison injections don't stack putting emphasis on aoe dots.

So i guess -

Does extended ritual, healing springs and rapid regeneration all stack, confirmed? For both trials healers.
    Edited by Tremors on June 27, 2017 8:36PM
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Bherdani
    Bherdani
    ✭✭✭
    Iirc, each morph will only stack on itself 3 times, which is why for a set team one will run each morph so you can stack 6 essentially. Those who are not on a set team with a complementary healer usually opt for springs (although the mag return is underwhelming now, it's better than nothing and it's not like you need to spam springs that often anyway).
    Nightfighters - Legion of the Bloodworks
    www.elderscrubsonline.com
    NO PARKING IN THE RED
    Proud member of The Psijic Order - Team 0.016%
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Bherdani wrote: »
    Iirc, each morph will only stack on itself 3 times, which is why for a set team one will run each morph so you can stack 6 essentially. Those who are not on a set team with a complementary healer usually opt for springs (although the mag return is underwhelming now, it's better than nothing and it's not like you need to spam springs that often anyway).

Ok thanks, I'm not asking this from an inexperienced PoV, we've completed all in game content I just wanted to confirm this was correct.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    ground based HOTs and DOTs do stack even if they are the same Morph. that would be RoR, Springs, CP, PL (at least the healing part since its aoe... the dmg part will only work for one templar). but Keep in mind you cant hit more than 6 Targets at once with the same spell. but if you cast healing springs multiple times, you can hit 6 for each stack. this may be the case why your teammates think it wont work you will never heal 12 ppl at the same time.
    You also wont be able to buff more than 6 ppl at once (combat prayer and spc) ... and the buff is not prioritizing for ppl that dont have the buff. so if you and your co healer use CP on more than 6 Targets and hit the same one, you will most likely overwrite some of the buffs of your co healer which results in (depending on rng... ) only ~8 Players getting the CP buff.

As for Mutagene / rapid i can not confirm 100% if they need different morphs. noone uses this crappy skills in our raid anyways. But you cant stack them yourself like you could stack springs. you will just refresh the duration when casted twice.
    PC EUW
    Main characters:

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neaa wrote: »
    ground based HOTs and DOTs do stack even if they are the same Morph. that would be RoR, Springs, CP, PL (at least the healing part since its aoe... the dmg part will only work for one templar). but Keep in mind you cant hit more than 6 Targets at once with the same spell. but if you cast healing springs multiple times, you can hit 6 for each stack. this may be the case why your teammates think it wont work you will never heal 12 ppl at the same time.
    You also wont be able to buff more than 6 ppl at once (combat prayer and spc) ... and the buff is not prioritizing for ppl that dont have the buff. so if you and your co healer use CP on more than 6 Targets and hit the same one, you will most likely overwrite some of the buffs of your co healer which results in (depending on rng... ) only ~8 Players getting the CP buff.

As for Mutagene / rapid i can not confirm 100% if they need different morphs. noone uses this crappy skills in our raid anyways. But you cant stack them yourself like you could stack springs. you will just refresh the duration when casted twice.

Mutagen does not stack if it is casted by two different healers. You have to use rapid and mutagen to stack the effect, which makes it useless in trials, as both healers have to cast their morph six times to apply to the raid.
    It is however very beneficial to stack both morphs for combat preparation and during movement phases in PvP.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    ... which makes it useless in trials, as both healers have to cast their morph six times to apply to the raid...

even if you cast it 6 times, chances are very high that you hit some People twice (or even more often) while others still have no hot on them at all.

Edited by Neaa on June 28, 2017 8:57AM
    PC EUW
    Main characters:

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it smart targeted now? One of our healers uses it in sanctum to help with the poison.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it smart targeted now? One of our healers uses it in sanctum to help with the poison.

It is smart targetted, it's still not worth 6 global cooldowns. It's not as stupid as Neaa makes it sound but!

To keep this skill up on everybody on the trial you would need to spend 6 out of 20 seconds recasting it. This means a healer would need to spend 30% ! of their time simply casting Mutagen. You are better of just cating Healing springs twice, it takes 2 seconds and covers a large area.

Rapid Regen/Mutagen is useful in 4 man groups, I love using it on vDSA.
    ESO Balance:
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    you can Animation cancel it pretty well and wont Need 6 seconds for 6 casts .. but go ahead. try this super Mutagene. its not smart at all.
    idk what excatly is wrong with this skills since i dont care about it and there is so much more fishy about templars to take care of ... but its for sure not smart targeting.
    PC EUW
    Main characters:

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    you can Animation cancel it pretty well and wont Need 6 seconds for 6 casts .. but go ahead. try this super Mutagene. its not smart at all.
    idk what excatly is wrong with this skills since i dont care about it and there is so much more fishy about templars to take care of ... but its for sure not smart targeting.

Yeah like I said, one of our healers just pops a few when running between pulls in sanctum score runs. Poison Op.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭

The global cooldown is still 0.8ish second, no matter how you animation cancel it...
    ESO Balance:
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I found it weird that drunknmonkeys first question to me was always what morphs I have of sprigs and ritual. They stack you can test it very easily in sanctum serpent poison phase with a video clip and 2 healers with the same morphs.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Walties99 wrote: »
    Yeah I found it weird that drunknmonkeys first question to me was always what morphs I have of sprigs and ritual. They stack you can test it very easily in sanctum serpent poison phase with a video clip and 2 healers with the same morphs.

Yeah I've always been sus on it. Thanks man.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting question, though an obvious answer from our perspective... I can see the confusion. The answer is they do stack... even mutagen does...but I never seen rapid do it. You can use healing springs and illustrious springs but for trials I don't think it's advisable, because of how the game designed it's more stack and burn. On point, both healers can use the same morph without consequence, in regards to grand healing and regeneration.

If you are are a good team then this what you could do

1) healer can use combat prayer

2) one healer uses orbs or elemental drain

3) one healer can use circle of protection

4) one healer can use blood altar
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Interesting question, though an obvious answer from our perspective... I can see the confusion. The answer is they do stack... even mutagen does...but I never seen rapid do it. You can use healing springs and illustrious springs but for trials I don't think it's advisable, because of how the game designed it's more stack and burn. On point, both healers can use the same morph without consequence, in regards to grand healing and regeneration.

No no no.....

2x Mutagen does NOT stack. Rapid regen + Mutagen stack.

Both healers should run combat prayer for better uptimes (it buffs 6 people and heals nearly as well as Springs).

Both healers should run healing orbs, one healer should run ele drain. One healer can not provide enough orbs for the entire trial. Use the healing orbs, they heal quite well. the blue orbs in turn do nearly no damage and if, as a healer, you are standing behind your group, they'll get poped before they get to the mobs anyway.

No healer should run Circle or blood altar.

Circle costs so much stamina it leaves you vulnerable, as you can't roll dodge, break free or sprint. As a healer you don't want to be vulnerable.
    Blood altar is a pretty horrible skill, it requires you to run up front to the mobs to cast it which is horrible since as a healer you want to be behind your group. This same buff can be achieved from the Quick Siphon skill from esto staff, it's still not great unles you are in a very fragmented fight (think mage AA).

ESO Balance:
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

No no no.....

2x Mutagen does NOT stack. Rapid regen + Mutagen stack.

Both healers should run combat prayer for better uptimes (it buffs 6 people and heals nearly as well as Springs).

Both healers should run healing orbs, one healer should run ele drain. One healer can not provide enough orbs for the entire trial. Use the healing orbs, they heal quite well. the blue orbs in turn do nearly no damage and if, as a healer, you are standing behind your group, they'll get poped before they get to the mobs anyway.

No healer should run Circle or blood altar.

Circle costs so much stamina it leaves you vulnerable, as you can't roll dodge, break free or sprint. As a healer you don't want to be vulnerable.
    Blood altar is a pretty horrible skill, it requires you to run up front to the mobs to cast it which is horrible since as a healer you want to be behind your group. This same buff can be achieved from the Quick Siphon skill from esto staff, it's still not great unles you are in a very fragmented fight (think mage AA).

Maybe it's a ui error, but I swear to you I see both of them at some points in time. Okay i will admit both healers should use orbs... it was bad advice on my part before :sweat: It's debatable if both healers really should use combat prayer. I am not against it, but it's likely you will be stacking or spread out so you will need to use combat prayer more then once.

Nah I seen multiple healers use blood altar, it seems you really don't know how to use it. It's all about positioning and timing. Really great for those stacking moments. Also it lasts for 45 secs so, it's something to consider.

...circle of protection only me I suppose. Bosmer don't have such pesky stamina issues like altmers, so .... I can't really empathize with not stamina. What's a rough life. :cry: