The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you counter eye of flame

• Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend taking off all your armor and standing in the biggest tightest stacks so that I may VD you.

Oh wait? Counter it?
    Mist out.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time someone suggests "misting out" while rooted in a negate, I laugh my best Wrobel-ish laugh.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

A lot of times, people think EOTS is an instant "I win" button and forget about any defense. They'll normally drop pretty quick if your burst is there. *

*not applicable if 12 people use EOTS at the same time

Lol you're so right about this. Today I was fighting a Templar who popped his EOTS, and I just stood in it and burst him down, he didn't bother to heal because he thought he was going to kill me by just having it up xD
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things people overlook are thick skinned, blade cloak, impen gear, and strong hots such as healing thicket, resto ult or multiple healing springs spam, permafrost ult and javelin are good to. Also don't stand next to other people who aren't using these things (99% of AD) or you end up with 10 vicious death procs on your death recap.

Bad stalker bad, dont teach the pugs just let the continue to feed me ;)
    Durham wrote: »
    I hate EOS ... I hate all high damage AOE especially when it hits harder then single target abilites ...

I wouldn't say thats totally true when a stam build can crit charge, viper, dawnbreaker for 15-20k of instant damage and then thats followed by an executioner. Or stam NB hit you for a 5k ambush, 10k incap, 5k viper and while youre getting up from the buggy CC they hit you w/ a 7k+ surprise attack. Yes, destro ult does a lot of damage but A) it takes forever to build if youre not getting KBs, and B ) its fairly ineffective in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation and the other players know what theyre doing.
    Edited by asneakybanana on June 27, 2017 5:09PM
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »
    I hate EOS ... I hate all high damage AOE especially when it hits harder then single target abilites ...

Ya not the best design decision

Seriously, this is just WROBEL'D. If ZOS did any analysis on their own gameplay they would see how imbalanced this is.
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Every time someone suggests "misting out" while rooted in a negate, I laugh my best Wrobel-ish laugh.

Then dodge roll first. If you don't have enough stamina, I mean that's the risk you take as a magicka player, or by poor use of resource management on a Stam Char.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes the cancer of pvp and the go to answer for zergs.

Just don't get farmed as stated above. Greed for AP has lead many to their death.

Love,

Floki

• Lakeh
    Lakeh
    ✭✭✭
    you dont
    PC EU Player

Artis
    Injustice
    Streaking Sorcerers
    Astrum Herois Member

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EoTS has counters but it's also far and away the easiest and most effective ult in the game. When I get tether/VD bombed I'm annoyed but I also respect the good timing and play. When I EoTS bomb a group or get bombed, it's just kinda ehhhhhhh. Probably the most easy mode ult we've ever had in this game, and we've had barrier and bats :dizzy:
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The barrier + purge meta was far more ezmode than current metas IMO.

Edited by zyk on June 28, 2017 12:05AM
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run away or Bang out the EoTs scrub.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36