The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deconstruct Loot or Sell it

king408
king408
Ive been playing for a couple days now but always am getting a full inventory becuz i keep green items, what should i be doing in the early levels? Selling for gold or deconstructing ima little low on gold now that ive bought a vamp bite for 3k, maybe 1k now but what do the vets do? Sell or deconstruct weapons/armor. Im currently level 15 with no crafting exp.
Edited by king408 on June 23, 2017 7:56PM

Best Answers

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that is green and under I sell and anything over that I don't need I decon. My recommendations is that if you are on PC, get Dustman, great addon that will auto sell things you specify, and then you can decon whatever is left. Great customization options for it.
    Answer ✓
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    king408 wrote: »
    Im on ps4, ok even if its part of a set? Are blue items better then green rarity wise? Im gonna have to look this up... thanks for your answer.

Blue is better.

And if its part of a set you need and it has good traits then keep it, if its a set you don't need but you know is widely used and in a good trait you should sell it on a guild store on in zone. But don't be afraid to vendor trash or decon bad set or bad trait pieces.
    Answer ✓
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is if you are trying to level up crafting, decon everything that you don't want.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    Answer ✓
  • BuzzZaw60
    BuzzZaw60
    If you don't plan on doing any crafting now or in the future with another character then sell it. But...if you do plan on maybe playing another character & skill, you can always just start a "Mule" and put aside the set items for whatever character you plan to play be it magicaka or stamina to help them a bit early on. Not everything but the Blue Set pcs for sure. But if you do plan on starting crafting, don't wait till you're too high of a level...takes longer to level up....earlier the better. I found that the hard way.
    Answer ✓
  • king408
    king408
    Im on ps4, ok even if its part of a set? Are blue items better then green rarity wise? Im gonna have to look this up... thanks for your answer.
    Edited by king408 on June 23, 2017 7:59PM
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    My basic rule is to decon everything for materials and inspiration unless it has a trait. In which case I either put it to one side for research purposes, or if my character I already knows that trait then I sell it on a guild store so that someone else can use it for research.
  • king408
    king408
    Thats a solid plan ill do start doing that, now where is the best place to craft at davon watch?
  • ABelle99
    ABelle99
    ✭✭
    king408 wrote: »
    Thats a solid plan ill do start doing that, now where is the best place to craft at davon watch?

There is only one crafting area in davon's watch. It's to the right if you enter from the gate near the stables. If you want to leave you're crafting skills faster you should start the quests to do crafting writs. You can find the consumables (alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting) crafting teacher in the mages guild hall and the equipment (blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking) teacher in the fighters guild hall, located in davon's watch.