Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What Motifs Would You Like To See In The Future?

DerethDawnblade
DerethDawnblade
✭✭✭
What sort of Motifs would you like to see in the future?

Here are some of mine:

Dawnguard
The First Dawnguard was active in the Second Era, so it's a good fit.

Ancient Nord
The current Draugr gear is just a rotten version of the vanilla Nord style. A more TES V styled Ancient Nord style would be great for a future Western Skyrim DLC.

Ayleid
Ancient Elf is somewhat generic, and doesn't have the polish of newer sets.

Daedric Prince Themed Styles
Some of these already exist (Skinchanger is Hircine, Grim Harlequin is Sheogorath, Worm Cult is Molag Bal), and it would be great to see sets for other princes.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the lore based and prior TES game based styles and costumes. Redoran, Indoril, Chitin, Hlaalu, Bonemold.

In general armor in this game is too colorful and strays to far from the series aesthetic.

Edit: Actual Daedric armor would also be nice.
    Edited by NordJitsu on June 23, 2017 4:03PM
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm anxiously waiting for the Tsaesci motif style.
    We were supposed to get it as a dropped item set in this expansion but they scrapped it out saying it will be available in the future.

I absolutely need it for that conical Asian hat themed head piece, it'll fit perfectly on my samurai themed dark elf.

Too bad I can't find a picture, it was floating around here back in the pre-Morrowind's hype days.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightingale for the win. Thieves guild is very similar but I want the nightingale
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have more cultural styles. More local armors than the standard Race styles.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the worm cult is rocking some digs, prospect of seeing them again is interesting. But pretty much everything honestly, its awesome seeing in universe culture represented with the motifs.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm Cult
    Winterborn
    Nede
    Maormer (give them smth other than a recolor)
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When we go to skyrim we could have a dragon theme motif
    light could be like a dragon priest
    The medium one like the dragonscale armor
    And the heavy one like the dragonbone armor
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We should have more cultural styles. More local armors than the standard Race styles.

We're finally seeing some more unique Dunmer styles based on individual house cultures and all that, I can't WAIT for that kind of detail on like, Khajiit, Bosmer, and Nord stuff. Especially Khajiit, since you could reasonably fit SO MANY different aesthetics into it. Like, there's canonically 16 tribes and it's not unreasonably to imagine that they each had different costume based on location, lifestyle, etc. I'm imagining coastal island-hoppers (like those on Khenarthi's Roost), probably different sets for the Elsweyr's forests, jungles, plains, and deserts, maybe some warmer-weather stuff for communities living in the mountains... LOTS of variety.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about: Developer Motif

Could be shorts, flip flops, and a tee shirt with a stain on it.

Could come with a Housing furnishing of a donut.
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the damn Necromancer motif, but other then that hmmm maybe some dark mage/knight style and more daedra style armor similar to the Xyvkin style
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    I want the damn Necromancer motif, but other then that hmmm maybe some dark mage/knight style and more daedra style armor similar to the Xyvkin style

Worm Cult style got a big upgrade along with Skinchanger and Ebony. I'd wager it'll become craftable sooner rather than later. It looks nice.
    Withered Hand set uses the light style, but you can find NPCs around Morrowind with the heavy and medium versions.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have enough flipping motifs as it stands. Most are useless until transmog.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Moriarti
    Moriarti
    ✭✭✭
    Some sort of "Ancient Argonian" would be nice.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of motifs. In order to want more, crafting set armor needs to be more beneficial. Even easily obtained dropped sets are superior.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    dragonborn motif
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more Khajiiti motifs, an Anequina and Pelletine motif maybe

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer motif that doesn't look like it's made of cardboard would be nice. In general retextures of all the original motifs.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor regalia what we had in the mainstory, it will stay the same model no matter if it is light, heavy or medium armor piece.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • SakuraTokito
    SakuraTokito
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetroll motif
    Motifs inspired by other Bethesda games
    Vegetables
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a dawnguard dlc with dawnguard motif would be pretty cool...

deadric prince motifs could also be interesting that you acquire after beating a deadric champion...

besides this some mongolian/persian themed armor for the orcs could be nice...there are some that go into that direction, but nothing that fits perfectly
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on June 24, 2017 5:53PM
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Altmer motif that doesn't look like it's made of cardboard would be nice. In general retextures of all the original motifs.

I'd like to see a complete remodelling of the vanilla motifs. They're all so flat compared to how much sculpting is present on the new motifs.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What he or she said above me. The originals need a good rework. It ain't gonna happen though.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Emperor regalia what we had in the mainstory, it will stay the same model no matter if it is light, heavy or medium armor piece.

That exist in the form of the Emperor's Regalia costume you get from becoming Emperor in Cyrodiil. I think previously you couldn't see it outside of Cyrodiil or when you were a Former Emperor, but I think that's been changed, because I see people running around in it everywhere.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    We were supposed to get it as a dropped item set in this expansion but they scrapped it out saying it will be available in the future.

I absolutely need it for that conical Asian hat themed head piece, it'll fit perfectly on my samurai themed dark elf.

Too bad I can't find a picture, it was floating around here back in the pre-Morrowind's hype days.

how does the tsaesci style differ from the akaviri? I'd love some pics
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a few things
    1. Polish base game sets (especially the Nord and Dark Elf)
    2. Crafting Armor sets from Monster Carcasses
    -Imagine armor sets made from Daedric Titans, Daedroth, or a Wamasu?
    3. Overall, more variety of motifs for each culture like we've seen in Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, Morrowind and from images of "Horns of the Reach".

Personally, I would love to see Dragon Cult armor and an Argonian motif based on the Wamasu
    Edited by Iccotak on June 25, 2017 3:49AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I would like to see a few things
    1. Polish base game sets (especially the Nord and Dark Elf)
    2. Crafting Armor sets from Monster Carcasses
    -Imagine armor sets made from Daedric Titans, Daedroth, or a Wamasu?
    3. Overall, more variety of motifs for each culture like we've seen in Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, Morrowind and from images of "Horns of the Reach".

Personally, I would love to see Dragon Cult armor and an Argonian motif based on the Wamasu

i would agree to that...the original base motifs could use some "remastering" as most of the new sets look much more intricate...this would also make them more appealing

Besides that, the look that i always adored was the witch hunter look from warhammer...but i am not sure if that is fitting to elder scrolls - e.g. if there are any cultures that use this kind of look
  • CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    Account Wide Motifs. That's all.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amber and Madness armour from Shivering Isles :smiley:
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire armor. Perhaps something along the lines of what was in the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »

how does the tsaesci style differ from the akaviri? I'd love some pics

As it was only available on the PTS during the Morrowind beta, I assume it falls under the NDA?
    But the light style we saw was dope. Very east-Asian inspired with ophidian and floral themes.

As for motifs:

Dawnguard
    Falmer
    Trollbone
    Nibenese
    Better Bosmer
    Better Reachmen
    Proper Stalhrim
    More Daedric variants (something closer to Morrowind/Oblivion Daedric would be fantastic)
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.