The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone else having issues with weaving light attacks with jabs/rapid strikes?

jarrandub17_ESO
jarrandub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Whenever I weave light/med/hvy attacks following into jabs on my magplar or rapidstikes on my stam toons, my toon will stand there and not do the animation of rapid or jabs. Then about 2 secs later the dmg numbers will float on the screen as if the skill went off. I asked my friends if they could see my toon actually performing jabs on their screen and they said yes, so is this a freak thing hitting only me, or are others experiencing this as well? It really throws off my rotations, not being able to see when jabs/rapid strikes is ending.

I can run up to a trash mob, heavy attack into rapids, never see the rapids animation, walk away and wait and the mob will die from a delayed rapid attack...HELP!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with jabs. Sometimes I even get stuck with that Aedric Spear in my hand being like "Yo, i have a big yellow stick in my hand, wtf do I do"?

Sometimes I don't even know if I used jabs or not :|
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I have same issue. It's wacky hitt stuf and walk away. 2 seconds later a bunch of numbers pop up.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's still happening with Nightblades Heavy Attack canceled with Surprise Attack too... It's crippling bad.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All day every day since the animation prioritization changes almost ONE YEAR AGO at this point.

ZOS' track record on fixing bugs in a timely fashion is horrendous.

The Age of Wrobel.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations
    You've unlocked Macro Slicing.
    Several skills in the game seem to have this issue in which if you weave during casting, the attack is "paused" for x seconds or until a different action is executed, at which time, all the paused actions fire at once, creating a HUGE damage spike.
    Argonian forever
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bug that has been reported NUMEROUS times to zos. It happens when you weave a medium attack with dual wield in between using skills. Can be done continuously. Completely ruins combat for anyone who uses dual wield, causes DPS numbers to fall dramatically, and makes pvp with dual wield inconsistent at best.

The worst part about this bug is the inconsistency. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it'll not happen for a few minutes, sometimes it only happens on your client, sometimes it happens server side and causes actual macro slice-s to happen. Because of this, zos acknowledged the bug but then claimed they "Couldn't replicate it on their end", so we will likely never see a fix to this GAMEBREAKING BUG FOR STAMINA PVE AND PVP, or at least not in the near future.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding the issue is a client side issue. The server recognizes nothing out of the ordinary, if it happens in PvP the other toon doesnt notice the danage spike. If it happens to me i block and everything hits allowing me to continue rotation. It also happens on puncturing sweeps
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I just press rapid strikes. No heavy or light attack or any other skill it's doing it. It's probably some kind of channel ability bug.
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention I'm in Xbox NA and it didn't start till morrowind. Incase somebody from ZOS stumbles in here....lol
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I noticed this with Morrowind as well. Trying to weave with rapid strikes and nothing seems to happen. Then suddenly all the hits show. On PS4. Removed dual wield as it just doesn't feel right.
    Edited by JimT722 on June 22, 2017 5:13PM
  • Moncho11
    Moncho11
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention I'm in Xbox NA and it didn't start till morrowind. Incase somebody from ZOS stumbles in here....lol

There's a post in Bugs section with over 100 post regarding this issue which just started with the Morrowind update. Mainly with DW but there are also plenty of other animation issues with other weapons as well. They posted they are aware of issue about 2 weeks ago but that's it. So basically we paid fo Morrowind and ESO+ to get a broken game since this does not allow for fluid combat with DW. Only way around it right now is to weave fully charged Heavies(they have to fire off if you try to cast right it's fully charge bug will happen). You can also light weave but only while doing the quickest possible LA tap, if your finger lingers because you pressed the right trigger(Xbox one) all the way the bug will occur.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since ZoS put the dubious animation priority system back in the Thieve's Guild, I have had problems weaving anything with any skills, drinking potions, firing off ultimates, and weapon swapping.
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    This is a bug that has been reported NUMEROUS times to zos. It happens when you weave a medium attack with dual wield in between using skills. Can be done continuously. Completely ruins combat for anyone who uses dual wield, causes DPS numbers to fall dramatically, and makes pvp with dual wield inconsistent at best.

The worst part about this bug is the inconsistency. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it'll not happen for a few minutes, sometimes it only happens on your client, sometimes it happens server side and causes actual macro slice-s to happen. Because of this, zos acknowledged the bug but then claimed they "Couldn't replicate it on their end", so we will likely never see a fix to this GAMEBREAKING BUG FOR STAMINA PVE AND PVP, or at least not in the near future.

Where did ZoS claim they "Couldn't replicate it on their end" ? I hope this isnt accurate as this bug does indeed make playing my stamina nb near impossible :(
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having trouble weaving period.
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭

Same here.

Keeps me from playing any dual wield character.

The horrible sorc pet situation (getting lost - no regen etc) keeps me from spending time on my pet sorc.

Leveling a mag warden.../sigh.

P.S. - I've also noticed a significant delay when trying to use a potion after some attacks. Has resulted in an untimely demise more than once.
    Edited by Furinol on June 23, 2017 1:13PM
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So last night I went into my XBOX settings. I deleted all my XBOX 360 saved game data. When I logged back into my character, the delay was gone. I switched between multiple toons, and all was fixed. I'm not sure if this is total coincidence or if that actually cleared it up. Time will tell if the bug comes back. I'll keep you guys informed.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done this and the bug still reappears fairly quickly... It's bad.
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, the only thing I found that works is keep logging in/out until you get it cleared
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Same issues
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had this issue until Morrorwind. Now it is terrible with rapid strikes and other duel wield abilities.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I never had this issue until Morrorwind. Now it is terrible with rapid strikes and other duel wield abilities.

Same, this arrived with Morrowind for me.

Caused me to try out 2H stamblade though, and I am enjoying that!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it was intended... everyone always bitching that DW is OP and animation cancelling is cheating... well, here we go then.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys running more than one set? I know for example 3 of my sets can proc at basically the same time (kinda uncommon) or in quick succession, and will damage the enemy to death before Bloodthrist finishes it's animation. It seems to be working as intended. Factor in a slight amount of delay being an online game, and it makes sense.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    CP cap DW is isn't OP for end-game vet stuff, which is what it's intended for. Game would be a mess if they nerfed the damage on these builds (really want to spend 2-5 times longer grinding a daily vet dungeon?). They are supposed to be dps in group dungeons.

Tanks are OP with defense. I was messing around with 2 tanky sets out of boredom (on my dps Khajiit build and could stand in the middle of some WB attacks w/o blocking and just standing there, with nothing but a regen potion going and I didn't even touch Mundus stone nor have defending weapons).

Healers are OP as they can heal massive numbers. 2 Strong healers can pull people through a trial.

See the pattern here? Some griping about our damage numbers. We carry you through most of the game's content, because each class needs the other to make it in almost all vet dungeons.

Everything is working as intended. If you want to do more damage, build a dps toon, run vigor, and pay attention to ALL the passives.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    CP cap DW is isn't OP for end-game vet stuff, which is what it's intended for. Game would be a mess if they nerfed the damage on these builds (really want to spend 2-5 times longer grinding a daily vet dungeon?). They are supposed to be dps in group dungeons.

Tanks are OP with defense. I was messing around with 2 tanky sets out of boredom (on my dps Khajiit build and could stand in the middle of some WB attacks w/o blocking and just standing there, with nothing but a regen potion going and I didn't even touch Mundus stone nor have defending weapons).

Healers are OP as they can heal massive numbers. 2 Strong healers can pull people through a trial.

See the pattern here? Some griping about our damage numbers. We carry you through most of the game's content, because each class needs the other to make it in almost all vet dungeons.

Everything is working as intended. If you want to do more damage, build a dps toon, run vigor, and pay attention to ALL the passives.

Whats that got to do with the current DW weaving bugs?
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed a third Templar I had to stamina. Cost me a race change and getting all the gear. I haven't touched it since because jabs aren't working properly with weaves and same with rapid strikes/blood thirst on all my stamina characters.

I've put in several tickets and emails about it, not one response.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since ZoS put the dubious animation priority system back in the Thieve's Guild, I have had problems weaving anything with any skills, drinking potions, firing off ultimates, and weapon swapping.

Remember when they delayed it 'cause they couldn't get it to work properly with the first iteration? They should have just dropped it at that point.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield in general has been bugged since morrowind on consoles. Only thing we've got after a few threads on the bug report forums is "we'll look into it".
    it's "i can't play this game in this state" levels of bad.
    Edited by revonine on June 29, 2017 1:05PM
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Totally agree after Morrowind dropped my stam toons are ****ed. I have light attack and heavy attack builds and neither are working correctly. So much so I cant do story mode even Morrowind on my main and this is my achievement hunting toon. Luckily have some magicka builds but this doesn't stop my frustration. Anyone on a stam sorc though should try the heavy attack 2H build. Not as fast but has got me through any content including Vet Trials without issue. Damage is awesome and the shield from brawler is epic. Check out @Alcast website. This build has saved my stam sorc until they fix DW
    Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    XBOX NA here, this happens on stamblade w/ surprise attack, stam sorc w/ flurry, stamplar with jabs. this didn't start until morrowind and has made weaving very hard unless you heavy attack weave.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC