The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are trials not hard enough or is Warden over powered?

AlchemistRa1n
I played ESO at launch as a night blade until I hit Veteran and then stopped, so I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with the game. After coming back with Morrowind and experiencing trials for the first time as a Warden tank, I feel like trials and vet trials as a whole are very easy.

Is this because Warden is easy mode, or are the trials just not that challenging? I was really hopeing for another teir of challenging PVE content that required proper gear specs instead of just slotting purple RNG and clearning.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a good team as a tank it makes your job easier. But some trials are fairly easy for tanks and Wardens are 2nd best main tank. But I am guessing you didn't really go tank HM Hel Ra or Vet Maw or Vet Halls, those are hard for tanks. Now regular vet Hel Ra, vet AA, yea they are pretty easy as a tank, but again only if your group is good.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What trials are we talking about and on what difficulty level? Normal trials (with the exception of HOF) were designed so 12 strangers that dont speak the same language can clear them while eating pizza in one hand and blindly mashing the keyboard with the other. Vet trials on HM are a completely different story.
  • AlchemistRa1n
    Ya not sure, I've been doing all HM on PUG, so not sure which dungeons it's dropping me in. I did bogdan yesterday, while it took a bit longer to kill him, it never got close to a clinch. Maybe the Group Finder doesn't put you in the harder dungeons? This one tamerial thing messes me up, because it seems like every dungeon scales to the lowest party member, kind of makes gearing up pointless as long as you have gear that is equivlent to the lowest level member.
  • AlchemistRa1n
    Thanks though, if those are challenging then I have something to work towards.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did did a four player group (as you said Bogdan) that's a Dungeon not a Trial.

Trials are the twelve player group content and there is no group finder for it.
    Dungeons are easy to tank for the most part, but some can have tricks that make it hard.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlchemistRa1n
    Oh awesome, I've been thinking these were the trials the whole time, thank god.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one tamerial thing messes me up, because it seems like every dungeon scales to the lowest party member, kind of makes gearing up pointless as long as you have gear that is equivlent to the lowest level member.

The only time scaling happens, is when a character is under level 50 and then the character scales to the world, not vise versa. After that, there is no scaling, just straight stats of your gear and such. Other players have no impact on your game in that manner.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 players = trial
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    12 players = trial

Technically, vMA and DSA are also trials.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    12 players = trial

Technically, vMA and DSA are also trials.

Prefer to call them arena's myself.

But yeah normal dungeons are pretty easy OP.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    Go tank HelRa Hardmode! the warrior will Show you how good your tank is :D
    i wouldnt be surprised if he simply onehits you while blocking with frost armor up XD

The 4 man Content is easy mode. no tank needed for most of them. just run it with 4 DDs.
    PC EUW
    Main characters:
    CP630 - Templar support - Neaara - proud argonian
    CP630 - Warden support - Neaaro - proud argonian
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    4 Man content was dumbed down because it was too difficult for most of the playerbase. Also PvE content is adjusted for 300 CP Difficulty and guess what, we sit at 630 CP so its easier then it should be.

If you want difficult content, go do veteran Trials.
    Edited by Alcast on June 20, 2017 10:13AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What trials are we talking about and on what difficulty level? Normal trials (with the exception of HOF) were designed so 12 strangers that dont speak the same language can clear them while eating pizza in one hand and blindly mashing the keyboard with the other. Vet trials on HM are a completely different story.

I laughed hard.

As we know now that the TO meant 4-man-instances, I may add that vet 4-man-stuff (as trials too) heavily relies on the DDs and not just on tanks and healers. So a Warden or any other tank and a flawless warhorn rota between tank and healer and an ocean of bubbles and shards might make not much of a difference if each DD is just able to pull 10k dps max and gets oneshot by every major scripted boss attack.

Edited by Flameheart on June 21, 2017 5:42AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    I played ESO at launch as a night blade until I hit Veteran and then stopped, so I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with the game. After coming back with Morrowind and experiencing trials for the first time as a Warden tank, I feel like trials and vet trials as a whole are very easy.

Is this because Warden is easy mode, or are the trials just not that challenging? I was really hopeing for another teir of challenging PVE content that required proper gear specs instead of just slotting purple RNG and clearning.

Could you list ypur Warden Tank build? Stats, skill bars, cp points and equipment? Very interested in how you do what you do.