The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

OP 4 man teams are depopulating BG's, a rating system is needed.

• bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades definitely have an advantage but are not invincible and not overly prevalent IMO. I've found that most of the time when a solo player loses a BG they just assume the other team was a premade when maybe it just had better players. For example, there have been numerous times when I've queued solo, gotten on a team that worked together, and won by huge margin in a BG - then I'll get a whisper from some salty kid on the other team saying "LOL nice premade" or "wow you guys aren't even good for a premade." Always get a chuckle responding that we all queued solo.

I've also beaten plenty of premades, even those made with 4 high ranking players, when I've queued solo or duo - many times very convincingly. Point being, yes well coordinated premades with good players are typically going to win but it really isn't as big a problem as some like to make it sound. Pug groups that have 3 or 4 decent players can certainly beat a premade and most of the time you think you got beat by a premade it probably actually was just that group of several decent solo queue players.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey some times you gotta fight fire with fire

Did you just refer to having a premade group as the "meta?"

Its bugged me how this word has come to mean best in slot, but this is a whole new frontier lol

In any case, good to see another BG guild pop up. Mine is meant for the exact same thing and called <Scrubs Anonymous>. . Looking forward to seeing you guys out there :)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Premades definitely have an advantage but are not invincible and not overly prevalent IMO. I've found that most of the time when a solo player loses a BG they just assume the other team was a premade when maybe it just had better players. For example, there have been numerous times when I've queued solo, gotten on a team that worked together, and won by huge margin in a BG - then I'll get a whisper from some salty kid on the other team saying "LOL nice premade" or "wow you guys aren't even good for a premade." Always get a chuckle responding that we all queued solo.

I've also beaten plenty of premades, even those made with 4 high ranking players, when I've queued solo or duo - many times very convincingly. Point being, yes well coordinated premades with good players are typically going to win but it really isn't as big a problem as some like to make it sound. Pug groups that have 3 or 4 decent players can certainly beat a premade and most of the time you think you got beat by a premade it probably actually was just that group of several decent solo queue players.

Premade vs solo queue would probably be a lot more even if we had voice chat for each team. Console players already have this in battlegrounds, no?

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 6, 2017 4:59PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rating system, alongside w/l ratios for leaderboard would be dope.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    The population isn't as high because it's no cp , plenty of people said they wouldn't play because of it . Premades can be annoying but not to the point that it's off putting.

The population isn't as high because it requires another purchase of majority pve content. Pvpers have spoken with their wallets. If they tied battlegrounds to the subscription then you will see more popularity.

**Please note: I preordered Morrowind, have a constant subscription, and buy crowns so this isn't a plea from a cheap scrub.

I don't really think this is much of a factor, all of Vvardenfell is always packed and there are wardens everywhere. The expansion sold very well IMO, and it's even cheaper now.

I've noticed how packed Vvardenfell is too, but those are pve qualities. A pvper has his main that is already in his best gear has to reconcile with himself if the price tag for Morrowind is worth it just for one "broken" battle mode.
    bubbygink wrote: »

Premade vs solo queue would probably be a lot more even if we had voice chat for each team. Console players already have this in battlegrounds, no?

If we had built in chat or at the very least "quick text" on pc then we could start to overcome the "problem" of premades.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp player's buy pve content, that's nothing new & definitely not with ESO.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, this is a very good point that I had not considered. You're correct, on console we have built in voice chat so it's quite easy for solo queue players to coordinate on the fly. I suppose it would widen the gap between solo queue and premades significantly without that built-in feature. I can see how this would be a bigger issue on PC.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    they need two queue features:

one for premade groups
    one for solo rng groups

This would be awesome if they can come up with that.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo and preMade queues def needed.

Suprised PC doesn't have built in voice comms, as it does made a difference if people speak in BG. BUt MMO folks is shy
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • macheezie
    macheezie
    Yes, solo and premade queues would be the best.

Back in the day when I played CoD4 religiously, they had Mercenary (I think that's what it was called) Team Deathmatch/Sabotage/etc. This yielded the best experience for me when I was solo queuing.

PLEASE have that option :tired_face:
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have a BG Guild? Can I join?

o.o
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    You guys have a BG Guild? Can I join?

o.o
    Chunky you're a first round draft pick! But you didn't accept my friend request lol. Msg me ingame @thogard
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that you guys need to ''git gud'' at pvp... I always try to have a good individual performance even when I lose matches or solo queue. Other good players notice this, they invite me, we group up and thats how ''op pre-mades'' are born. Nobody is going to invite you to anything if you are baddies and this seems to me that you are just looking for a chance to win vs another baddies... ''Git Gud'' and you will have fun in pvp doesnt matter the odds.

And yeah this is for the avg casual player that just want to have fun in BGs and doesnt care about getting better at pvp at all. Well, right now you are not getting any fun. If you dont make an effort to actually understand pvp, get gear, potions, skills, etc, learn tactics, learn who to focus first, learn how move and place yourself around maps, basically get better at pvp, you are simply going to get yourself destroyed by real PvPers.

This is the ugly truth right now, and I know BGs (a basic pvp game mode in every MMO) should encourage everyone to try them, even the avg casual guy. But I kinda like them now because even if the population is low, these are the players that are actually into PvP for real, and are willing to learn and get better. Thanks to this I've meet most of the regular good PvPers in BGs.

8118BB8E57A460951CF34F0FF5196EA77052A092
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some basic features common to most modern arena / team deathmatch games would improve the experience for everybody, at all skill levels:

Auto-Lobby - queue up and as soon as the match finishes you are automatically placed back in the queue for the next match.

MMR - from one of the ESO Live interviews, I gather there is already a system in place to assign teams with similar skill levels, but perhaps there are usually not enough people in the pool for this to work properly

Scramble / Auto-Balance - nearly every TDM game has this feature. If teams are extremely unbalanced, players are simply moved to the other team.

Level Up via BG - need to be able to earn a lot more XP and AP via battlegrounds matches. Enough to reasonably level up characters and earn alliance points closer to the rate you can earn them in Cyrodiil or IC.

Choose Map or Mode - in other Arena/deathmatch games I often queue up for single map and single game mode. This is the best way to improve at that mode or map. For example, let's say I don't enjoy Domination mode. If people have no way to choose, you end up with some players having negative experience because they just want to run around capping all the flags, while their teammates just want to get into fights.

Voice Chat for PC - I imagine it is unlikely we will ever see this, but it would certainly help even the odds for randoms vs pre-mades

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 18, 2017 6:24PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS : " Hey guys, don't worry, we have a solution for all your BG problems! We're going to enable CP!!"
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be terrible.
    Too many specialized builds in CP.

Tanks can be truly unkillable in CP.

Not good at all

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably am going to quit BGs, they didn't add queuing by game type which is necessary at this point. They added another objective game which will make deathmatch less frequent.

Enabling CP is questionable, it will make people harder to kill, but for most it won't be by that much. The problem though will be the increased prevalence of unkillable DKs and Wardens, which are already a problem enough as it and CP exasperates that by a large extent.

BGs is done after this update. Worst implemented game mode in any game I have ever seen. I've pretty much already stopped playing.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    teams with guardplars are already hard to breat in objective type game modes like chaos ball, witch cp enabled RIP battlegrounds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos really just decided to cater to the wrong people with the next update, people that are going to hop in then realize they don't even like BGs or it's going to bring in the cyrodiil tank meta which will also turn away the population too.

They could at least add two queues.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never enjoyed BGs... the only BG type I ever liked was the ones in DAoC, but those are more like a mini version of RvR... come and go whenever you want and no player cap and most of all, no stupid timer or scoreboards... just play to have fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Glad there's no MUST have items or super loot tied to them...

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support idea to split up a 4-premade queue but I strongly disagree with solo-only queue. Solo/duo queue is the right path. 3 player queue is a bad thing because it would always log a solo one and would be the first to blame. Solo/duo queue is pretty much a solo queue in terms of balance, but would not cast off friends who just want to play together.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 20, 2017 6:19PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Not good at all

You don't even need to invest much to ensure you survive against 2 4 man teams. You know they can't kill you with aoes or they'll wipe each other and with a very limited number of players you can make even light armor builds totally unkillable.

I've got a stam warden "tank" build I'm going to run that's utterly unkillable, has 100% uptime on tree ultimate, and can still put out 13k++ aoe burst on demand. Not because I want to run cheese, but because everyone else is going to be running cheese so I may as well.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 20, 2017 6:23PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Not good at all

You don't even need to invest much to ensure you survive against 2 4 man teams. You know they can't kill you with aoes or they'll wipe each other and with a very limited number of players you can make even light armor builds totally unkillable.

I've got a stam warden "tank" build I'm going to run that's utterly unkillable, has 100% uptime on tree ultimate, and can still put out 13k++ aoe burst on demand. Not because I want to run cheese, but because everyone else is going to be running cheese so I may as well.

Would be nice if MMR system were updated in a way to group all the "unkillable" builds to match with each other.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not good at all

We shall see... I'm going to be amazed if the tree ult makes it out of this patch cycle unscathed.

I've noticed the tanks warden AOE builds tend to crop up on Xbox but we never see them on PC, I think it's because on PC everyone uses speed pots. But with the new game mode and the easier damage mitigation of CP, and the fact that ground target AOEs go through block, we might start to see them pop up more.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not good at all

We shall see... I'm going to be amazed if the tree ult makes it out of this patch cycle unscathed.

I've noticed the tanks warden AOE builds tend to crop up on Xbox but we never see them on PC, I think it's because on PC everyone uses speed pots. But with the new game mode and the easier damage mitigation of CP, and the fact that ground target AOEs go through block, we might start to see them pop up more.

I'll message you the build, its nothing like those builds you've seen, its a CP enabled build I specifically catered to a BG environment upon hearing about these changes. Its designed to give group support until its time for a group ulti bomb and then you can also contribute big AoE burst in those situations.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

how are they not? almost no one queues for them. they're by far the least popular aspect of the entire game.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    The worst is when you get qued up as a 4th with 3 white knights who have no idea what's going on and complain in voice chat about these "OP battleground builds"
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok i just came back to the game so just to clarify,

they announced BG´s like a year ago or something. then took their time to develop an expansion(which they sell for full price) that was supposed to add those into the game and then when it finally releases (and sells for full price) it doesnt even have a ranking system and allows solos to be matched up with full premades?