The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why can't I finish Maelstrom

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've 2 toons stuck at last level. I've got the levels down to under 15 minutes to get boss round. Khajit Stamina nightblade with VO, TFS, TBS, NMG, Hundings, Spriggans, Hulking, any monster etc.

this guy rarely gets out of crystal phase, and has had awful luck whenever I do. Like ghost spawn right on top of Solkyn, or ghost spawn way out in lava and won't come in. I've burned the boss down to 5% life a few times and ended up dead for whatever reasons. This game hates me.

I have actually been getting better about getting down from the crystal phase using 5 HEAVY TBS VO SKELETON PIRATE and MIGHTY CHUDAN, which really made me think.....is the 7 medium thing a joke? This setup is all purple except the VO legendary. Buffed up right around 32k resistance. Tanky AF and still put out decent damage.

My other toon is a pet Sorc NECRO build with aether/ moondancer, Ilambris or infernal guardian. Guardian works better for me getting to the boss and then I switch to Ilambris and purple food seems to be a little better on crystal and speed/spell Crit pots or tripots. Again, most times I don't get out of crystal phase alive....if I have to jump down or get knocked down, it's about a guarantee fail. Few times I have gotten down it's been a wreck.

I've seen videos. I know what's supposed to happen. Been so close I could taste it. It always falls apart at the end or get wrecked at crystal phase. I don't have much hair left to pull out...

For the love of all that's good in tamriel can you nerf this content so I can get on with my scrub life.

Oh and DW has been totally broken/not responsive.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm this arena is a cakewalk for a magsorc. At least its supposed to be, with all the endgame gear you have.
    Can you please describe what skills are you using? If you die immediately after the crystal phase, maybe you just fail to interrupt the boss? If so, you could slot crushing shock and use it once as soon as you see the boss casting something (note that if youre nearby, he sometimes casts a huge aoe explosion, like the last boss of Tempest Island). Daedroths shouldnt be an issue with all the lightning damage, you just have to keep an eye on the boss (because of knockback projectiles he shoots), catch the yellow ghosts and kill the dremora that are slowly walking to the center. Just try to take your time and follow the mechanics, focus the boss when he's stunned (when you consume 3 yellow ghosts, youll have a synergy promt that stuns and debuffs everything).
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 19, 2017 4:02PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Keep at it... it sucks your first time. It took me 200+ times to beat the final boss, which is _somewhat_ typical.

It sounds like you know the mechanics/boss pattern. Here are a couple tips that helped me:

* Save the defensive sigil until after the crystal phase; For me, it was easier to learn how to beat the first part sigil-free than the last (because you can retry right away)
    * Shield up/wait for a safe time to use the spectral explosion; Took me far too many deaths to learn that it's channeled - died many many times while exploding
    * Use tri-pots, and try to have a potion available when the crystal phase ends. Again, died many times because I was out of stamina and couldn't bash.
    * Prioritize. For me, I need to get the first 3 gold ghosts. What I WANT to do is grab the defensive sigil, then start attacking while positioning myself in between the boss and the gold ghost. What happens 50% of the time is that I'm knocked down at the furthest position from the defensive sigil and there is a gold ghost spawning behind the boss. What I do in that case is sprint to the boss, bash, grab the ghost, then make my way to the sigil. You might need to adjust your strategy based on RNG.
    * When on your MagSorc:
    - Save your ultimate for the CG; Ideally try to drop it on the CG when he's next to the boss.
    - Shield up. You should always have your shield up... I took the 10 second morph just in case I get stunned or forget

Here is my "slow and steady" technique for after the crystal phase:
    1. Grab defensive sigil/first ghost. Do a little DPS
    2. Kill the summoner
    3. Grab the 2nd gold ghost. Dodge/block the bosses skull attack.
    - move to the boss. If I pass a sigil (any sigil) use it. Do a little DPS
    4. Grab the 3rd ghost. Check health/shields-if needed shield/heal up
    - move to the boss. If I pass a sigil (any sigil) use it.
    5. Spectral explosion. Drop destro ult on both boss and CG

At this point the boss should either be dead or less than 10%. Also, there shouldn't be any other ads up, so shield up, DPS and collect that powered 1H + shield.

On a side note try watching some videos from 1+ year ago... The fights took a lot longer and it's easier to see the mechanics in those videos than watching someone nuke the boss after just one ghost.
    Edited by pizzaow on June 19, 2017 4:11PM
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I've 2 toons stuck at last level. I've got the levels down to under 15 minutes to get boss round. Khajit Stamina nightblade with VO, TFS, TBS, NMG, Hundings, Spriggans, Hulking, any monster etc.

this guy rarely gets out of crystal phase, and has had awful luck whenever I do. Like ghost spawn right on top of Solkyn, or ghost spawn way out in lava and won't come in. I've burned the boss down to 5% life a few times and ended up dead for whatever reasons. This game hates me.

I have actually been getting better about getting down from the crystal phase using 5 HEAVY TBS VO SKELETON PIRATE and MIGHTY CHUDAN, which really made me think.....is the 7 medium thing a joke? This setup is all purple except the VO legendary. Buffed up right around 32k resistance. Tanky AF and still put out decent damage.

My other toon is a pet Sorc NECRO build with aether/ moondancer, Ilambris or infernal guardian. Guardian works better for me getting to the boss and then I switch to Ilambris and purple food seems to be a little better on crystal and speed/spell Crit pots or tripots. Again, most times I don't get out of crystal phase alive....if I have to jump down or get knocked down, it's about a guarantee fail. Few times I have gotten down it's been a wreck.

I've seen videos. I know what's supposed to happen. Been so close I could taste it. It always falls apart at the end or get wrecked at crystal phase. I don't have much hair left to pull out...

For the love of all that's good in tamriel can you nerf this content so I can get on with my scrub life.

Oh and DW has been totally broken/not responsive.

Keep trying, you'll get it.

Re: bolded - please no. No.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lightning staff

WoE, LL, hardened ward, scamp, aegis. Destro ult

Firestick

Crushing, Surge, inner lite, scamp aegis. Meteor

Been thinking about dropping IA/Moon/ monster and use necro & spinners

I've tried going without the defense sigil, but it's a guarantee get to the crystal using it after boss first teleport. Sometimes the CG don't die quick enough.

Come on, nerf it a little for everyone else. The normal version is so stupid easy you can't learn anything there. The vet is unforgiving tough.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've had the boss at 5% there is no reason at all for you to need a Nerf. You can do this.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is definitely an option. I got flawless on my stam sorc using 5 Black Rose (impen) and 5 VO with vMA weapons and it was a cake walk. Just substitute any sharpened weapons. If you're going heavy I'd use 2 medium just to make for the crit you're losing by going heavy. If you do that on your Khajiit stamblade you'll still probably be around 50% crit.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My nightblade was an Orc for the longest time, til I just recently did race change. The Crit is quite noticeable.

I've no idea why so many maelstrom first time builds have like no resistance built in. Using the chudan and pirate skeleton pieces have made things go much smoother.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorc with that kind of gear, this is clearly a L2P issue. it must be something u missing to do or react too slow. crystal phase put aoe/debuffs on first crystal and dodge/block the first skull keep moving left and right while u hit the crystal so u avoid the red circles. then take shelter behind the shield and repeat the process on next crystal this time boss throws 2 skulls, so be aware of that and then go to 3 crystal. when 3 crystal is low just put some aoe on it and jump down in the middle, thus u avoid being blasted into the lava and has a much shorter distance to interrupt the smallskull ability when boss raises his staff. when u interrupted just keep hittng boss while u collect all golden saints. when u got 3 wait until the crematory guard pops up and use your stun. put down ultimate/aoe and burn the boss. GG
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, nerf it a little for everyone else. The normal version is so stupid easy you can't learn anything there. The vet is unforgiving tough.

Its already nerfed (indirectly) by power creep. Not even "a little", there's a reeeeeaaaaally huge difference.
    Your character is already overgeared and has much more cps than we used to have back then. The arena was designed around 300 cps (if I remember correctly) and Orsinium gear (without all those sweet Ilambris/Moondancer/whatever sets).

Not to mention that its very forgiving on a sorc.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 19, 2017 9:08PM

PC/EU
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Seems like I'm needed once again.

Let's tackle NB first.

I've done in flawless MAG/STAM and done it via shareplay with 400ms from Australia to Canada! So it is still possible!

First you mentioned Khajit

Run NMG + Veli (STILL) use trash bow and VO rings/neck if you have if not Agility is fine as a sub.

You've mastered the crystal phase and the 3rd is causing you issues.

Let's assume you've seen my guide if not I suggest you watch my guide.

Coming down from crystals is the same for ALL CLASSES it doesn't change.

1. Knocked down - rebuff (don't fall through mid) as it assumes you know where boss will be when you don't if you get knocked down you have an entire view of the arena so you waste no time knowing where to go and what to do while avoiding "bad ghosts"
    2. Find boss interupt
    3. Kill walker add to center "buys you 1 minute extra of "OH %&^!@" time
    4. DPS boss
    5. Collect ghosts
    6. Pre-pare for CG haste/healing sigil NOW if possible
    7. Kill CG
    8. Burn boss
    It sounds straight forward and it honestly is.

I'd do the same for my DK/Sorc/Temp exactly the same it's not a speed run but it will 100% secure the kill.

Any issues, need help whatever let me know happy to give some of my time as always.

Luke.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Luke. I have all that gear you mention. I think it was your guide that got me to use the defense sigil after the first teleport to guarantee I get upstairs. I can sometimes get there without it, though it's much easier with it.

I started using the one piece add armor monster sets to help out a bit, though I may go back to Veledrith for a few tries to see if a little more damage is worth losing that much resistance.

I've got the 9th round down pretty good now so getting to the boss isn't so bad.

I don't think the share play thing is gonna work. Though Speedtest shows I have a 20ms ping, I have 150mbps download while only 5mbps upload. Stupid cable company. I think my cellphone has better upload speed.

BTW Luke, you are somewhat known as the "BraveHeart" of maelstrom lol. Have a tendency to make extremely hard things look easy pz

I'm never gonna understand why this content hasn't been nerffed to the ground. The sheer amount of time I've had my toons stuck here is beyond me, and the disparity between normal and veteran content is sickening. My toons feel far stronger at low levels then they do fully maxed out in legendary gear. That's for the game as a whole, not just maelstrom.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Luke. I have all that gear you mention. I think it was your guide that got me to use the defense sigil after the first teleport to guarantee I get upstairs. I can sometimes get there without it, though it's much easier with it.

I started using the one piece add armor monster sets to help out a bit, though I may go back to Veledrith for a few tries to see if a little more damage is worth losing that much resistance.

I'm never gonna understand why this content hasn't been nerffed to the ground. The sheer amount of time I've had my toons stuck here is beyond me, and the disparity between normal and veteran content is sickening. My toons feel far stronger at low levels then they do fully maxed out in legendary gear. That's for the game as a whole, not just maelstrom.

I always disagree with that part and say save the defence sigil for the second you come down from the crystals as you can let the boss damage him self (when it really matters) and collect your first ghost safely.

The problem you're having (with the first bit I've bolded) is that you're running heavy etc and just aren't doing enough damage. That last boss shouldn't hit you at all bar about 4 light attacks or whatever they are, the rest of it is clumpy animations that are all very easily avoided by just moving.
    Resistance won't help you as much as more damage would.

The second part I've bolded is just to point out that this content has been nerfed in every single patch since it's launch (It got a tiny bit harder this patch but it's kind of minor when you look at completion times/scores, I know you're not using them but you've got access to a lot of proc sets which make this content a walk in the park, not to mention 330 extra CP from implementation.

Just keep at it, change your setup a bit and you'll be fine.
    Edited by BNOC on June 20, 2017 12:53PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got the 9th round down pretty good now so getting to the boss isn't so bad.

I don't think the share play thing is gonna work. Though Speedtest shows I have a 20ms ping, I have 150mbps download while only 5mbps upload. Stupid cable company. I think my cellphone has better upload speed.

BTW Luke, you are somewhat known as the "BraveHeart" of maelstrom lol. Have a tendency to make extremely hard things look easy pz

I'm never gonna understand why this content hasn't been nerffed to the ground.
    The sheer amount of time I've had my toons stuck here is beyond me, and the disparity between normal and veteran content is sickening. My toons feel far stronger at low levels then they do fully maxed out in legendary gear. That's for the game as a whole, not just maelstrom.

Actually it was.
    Try it with 300-400 cps and Orsinium gear (Julainos, Willpower, Kena/Torugs) and you'll see that.

PC/EU
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭

I owe my completions to Luke as well, so this feels a little blasphemous to say, but I disagree with Luke on this one. Here's why:
    Think about what you said "I can sometimes get there without it, though it's much easier with it"... It's the same when you drop down; sometimes you can clear it without it, though it will be much easier with it. I'd rather get the tough part over with at first and have an easier time later on... Yes, you will die a lot, but in my opinion it's better to die at the beginning than at the end. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn to do the first part without a sigil... you might be at 20% now; after 10 tries then you're at 30%, another 10 maybe 50%, another 10 maybe 75%. You'll find yourself clearing it more frequently faster than you think... and it's much easier to waste 100 lives in the first 30 seconds, than 100 lives after spending 3 minutes to get there.

You're SO close, I'm betting you'll clear it next time you're in there. Good luck!
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll get there and when you do you'll be spewing rainbows
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

You're welcome.

And thanks for the other shout out guys.

Let me say my way is the easiest way it's a bold statement I've done it 1,500 times many different ways with many different classes I promise you that strat will help you on ANY class stam or mag that's a promise.

For example you can ignore the boss at the start by taking care of add, reflecting damage CG spawns and guess what! You still have defensive for 10 seconds so in turn you don't have to worry about CG's at ALL this fight.

Coming down, you collect ANY sigil you're in front of, you leave the healing one alone when CG is spawning last phase to mitigate the damage. There are heaps of way's to do it, but I'd strongly advise continuing this way.

I'm more than happy to book in a time with you 5mb upload is fine download is fine also to go step by step through shareplay.

It's not that I'm this guru xD in a way, but once the fundermentals are down and you follow the "some what of rules" it becomes a laughing joke. It truly does. Offer stands.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you really should have done this pre-morrowind. My guess is 75% of the players who could do it before will not be about too now. It is much less forgiving because making up for errors by doing things like casting shields tends to get you to fatal zero magica pretty quick. There are few points in this last fight that you can do full heavies to get back resources because of the blocking / dodging / and movement speed requirements in the mechanics. Most players will need those resources back in this fight as only the top players doing advanced strats such as the stun boss, burn the first phase and skip the crem guard thing, can kill fast enough to not worry about resources running dry. These mechanics were just not designed for the stupid heavy attack idea they must have had after suffering a stroke or something. The mechanics and their new gimped combat design just don't play very well together.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Your mag sorc is the easier of the two toons but if you were stuck pre-patch you will need to play like an entirely different player now to get it done. You can click on me and check the end of my thread on vMA thoughts for some ideas on where to do full heavies and what sigils to use when but it is going to be a challenge. There is just not much room for recovery from missteps any more because missteps tend to cost resources and they are very difficult to get back in that fight. I am not exaggerating to say that 75% of players that could do it pre-morrowind will fail now. That is conservative. It was pretty easy to do then. There is little room for errors, sub optimal strats, recovery from a mistake, or sub optimal builds now.

Good luck.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on June 23, 2017 4:54AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    These mechanics were just not designed for the stupid heavy attack idea they must have had after suffering a stroke or something. The mechanics and their new gimped combat design just don't play very well together.

It was designed for 300CP, without front-loaded CP, without the OP monster sets, without minor slayer, without new ultimates.
    This was designed to be harder than it still is, massively.

You made a point about the advanced players using strats and nuking the boss before the first CG; if you spend literally 20 minutes practicing on a dummy you can learn to burn ~150k HP to get to 70% - The boss makes it super easy as he does one attack and it has like a 3 second cast time and you've got about 10 seconds to do an average of 15k DPS, 15k.

Fair enough it's a little harder than it was last patch, but look at the scores and completion times, they're practically back to where they were because damage is up.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan definitely stop calling for nerfs. Once you do it, the satisfaction will be amazing..

And when you come back on your 2/3rd run you will do Voriak first time and wonder what all your fuss was about.

The tank route isn't great personally, i think you need to kill things quick is how i see it. So damage output is king to making it easier.

I won't talk tactics as Lukums has you covered. Focus on the things he's said and on what's killing you and why / how. If you slow.things down they become simpler.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    This is gonna sound cheesy AF but the only thing stopping you completing it is you.

If you're like me you're probably getting very stressed by the time you get back down from the crystals which is throwing your rotations and causing you to make silly mistakes.

I know this is what happened to me because after 3-4 completes it was a lot lot easier. I now die to complacency more than anything else.

Keep at it, try to focus without panicking, and you'll do it. I was stuck on this boss for 4 months, but eventually managed it so you will too.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I need to re-do all my guides for Stam and Mag for all classes for this patch..

People need to be reminded not much has changed and it's more daunting than people are making it to to be.

For exmaple, haven't played in 2 months now almost. WOW.

Spare played with a Spain dude, with this mag sorc and mag nb (lovely guy mind you). Easily 700ms blue weapons and still managed to complete.

My point is as said above, slow it down stress less put some cool tunes on focus and work out what your mistakes are and HOW to mitigate them maybe it would be fixed by a sigil use, slow down your plays take some extra time gathering your resources back etc etc. The things could honestly be endless!
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    If you made it to the last boss you got it just keep at it
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    For me doing the crystals in one run can be done but I never do i save an ultimate and after 2nd crystal are done I jump down and kill ads with ultimate then I go back up and heavy attack last crystal for stats. When I drop down to kill boss I grab the buff that's in front of me then interupt boss. Next the ad I don't even kill the ad I throw a hard cc on it. I save my last Ult for the C.G and burn baby burn. Oh yeah if you collect all the ghost you can time the C.G just right so the boss is down and you can reign down hell on everything without taking any damage at all. I would also grab every buff when you are close to it and don't go out of your way to get one it always backfires somehow being a ghost or interrupt phase.
    Edited by Trashkan on June 27, 2017 12:28AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got him down to 1.7% health last night and the cream guard walloped me on StamBlade. Felt like he came out of the stun way early and sprinted to me in fast forward. This freaking glitchy place felt messed up the whole round. I know he came out early cause the boss was still stunned.

My heart was racing. Could see it right there. I got robbed! Need a break from this place, but I just can't let it go.

Been working in here everyday for a few weeks now. I change armors around many many times. I have legendary gear that would make people sick. Sharpened VO daggers, sharpened VO Greatsword, Veledrith Light, medium or heavy, same with kraghs

Can get through the whole 9th level with surprise attack, power extraction and Vigor. Of course I use every sigil available. Then the boss. That guy is hmmmmm.

From the start, I've still never been able to get to the portal without a cream guard. Soon as he first teleports it's coming. I've tried kiting the guard around, face tanking, burn....what works is pirate skeleton and mighty chudan. Other than that he gonna put a burn on ya and smack me down one time dead. By now the boss needs like 2 more hits then he goes upstairs.

Next the crystal phase. Usually I come to the first one and work on Burning it down. Run counter clockwise. Keep eye on Boss for CoH move. Hide walls. The third wall appear is tough cause it's whizzing around the room. In fact, if I get a third wall should probably just jump down and die.

Jumping down has been a big problem for me. There is usually soul churn, spiked head but, fall damage, frostbite and cream guard bitchslap on the report.

Very few times I've gotten back up. Though it is much easier killing the last remaining crystal when I have done this.

I've actually got very little practice on the last part as haven't been here much.

I know he must be instantly interrupted. Collect the gold ghosts that make a beeline to the boss with a quickness. Twice they have spawned literally right behind the boss and I e not much chance getting it. And now the boss is empowered. Just shitluck. Few times now the ghosts way out in the lava and won't come in. Wtf am I to do?

Kill the narnynz buy a minute. DPS the boss check. Collect ghosts check. Cream guard spawns now good time to do synergy and I guess should have killed the guard cause I couldn't quite kill the boss he's hanging on by 1.7% I'm dead. Really wouldn't had mattered as now the bonelord will be coming up also.

I hate this place. Really really hate it. I'll cry nerf it til everyone can go in there and begin to finish it in an hour or so. I'll admit, I have become a better player from here, but it's still over the top.

Heck it might have gone better if my dual wield skills had worked. Or there wasn't a noticeable lag between using a skill and seeing any animation on the character...or just the lag. Why is there so much lag in solo instance? You should be able to play this content offline for real. It wouldn't affect consoles at all. There's no cheats. You get Cyrodil level lag playing all by yourself. It's nuts.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @Lukums1 I need some help with my stamplar! Been too scared to try vMA with her so any info would be good.. Like what sets should I rock? I've done vMA pre morrowind on my sorc but never a stamplar.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Keep trying @kylewwefan ... you are SO close. <2% is only like 2 seconds of DPS.

I know what you mean about the lag in solo instances... for solo or small group instances, it seems like there must be some corners they could cut which fixes all lag.

Only 1 small piece of advice this time; make sure you're not "jumping" down, but instead just run off the edge (you might be doing this already), but jumping will add extra fall damage.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    @Lukums1 I need some help with my stamplar! Been too scared to try vMA with her so any info would be good.. Like what sets should I rock? I've done vMA pre morrowind on my sorc but never a stamplar.

Hello @Sunah

Stamplar easy!

I ended up doing it with jeez 1 bar before patch can't see it being too difficult still.

NMG + VO + Veli STILL.

If no VO that's fine use Agility, you'll need to use 5000 Health 487 Recovery food but that's fine I've finished it with 20K STAM (no food) for LOLS. So no loss there plenty of DPS still.

The rules are the same tbh, I use NMG + VO + Veli on ALL of my stam classes.

I use Julianos + IA + Llambris on ALL mage classes.

This patch I'm advising if people are struggling with resources just swap out to the 5000 Health 487 regen food to make it STILL a cake walk.

If you need detailed help or further advisement please don't hesitate to contact me.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @Lukums1 Thanks! Ill start farming this gear asap. What would you recommend for skills? I am fairly new to the stamplar world.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went back in last night. Forgot to set it on Vet. Yeah, normal I can faceroll the whole thing very easily no wipes. but since I was there, I was taking very close attention to the thing that's missing most. Lag. There is like way less lag on normal. Even the boss rounds. Or at least the lag doesn't bother as bad when everything dies quick.

Many skills are straight broken still though. Rending slashes is so messed up. No animation then 2 seconds later a bunch of numbers pop up. I usually start a heavy into surprise attack and it's totally messed up now. Steel tornado works, though I have grown to prefer power extraction. Killers blade has some jacked up delay going on.

Anyhow, I swapped toons and tried vet, get to last boss and fizzle out. About 20 try's later I've had enough of this place. Never got out of crystal phase.

How come that stupid pet can hold the clanfear in place and not let him come to the portal, but the cream guard will run right past him like he isn't even there?

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went back in last night. Forgot to set it on Vet. Yeah, normal I can faceroll the whole thing very easily no wipes. but since I was there, I was taking very close attention to the thing that's missing most. Lag. There is like way less lag on normal. Even the boss rounds. Or at least the lag doesn't bother as bad when everything dies quick.

Many skills are straight broken still though. Rending slashes is so messed up. No animation then 2 seconds later a bunch of numbers pop up. I usually start a heavy into surprise attack and it's totally messed up now. Steel tornado works, though I have grown to prefer power extraction. Killers blade has some jacked up delay going on.

Anyhow, I swapped toons and tried vet, get to last boss and fizzle out. About 20 try's later I've had enough of this place. Never got out of crystal phase.

How come that stupid pet can hold the clanfear in place and not let him come to the portal, but the cream guard will run right past him like he isn't even there?

Stamblade was always the mot grieving on vma, DW is seriously messed up console, that's the issue you're referring to. LA's just do not work properly and seem to stack up and delay everything else.

But keep at it, I did this with a Dunmer StamDK using 2H and NO vigor at 360ish CP lol it can be done (lots of well timed corrosive and rallys). Try using a 2h though, In all seriousness it is less D33ps but the execute from Reverse Slice and the splash damage is nuts, I have hit the crem guard for 40K and the splash it self can crit for over 50K on the boss. Rally too for nicely timed heals and the extra regen from the passive is nice. All rounds for me (this was a flawless run on my Stamblade using 2h) Just crit rush, sup attack and reverse slice to finish anything off. Just stand in hail and caltrops and weave bosses down with Heavies and Sup attack and then mash execute and rally. It actually works really really well. Before the forums went nuts for VMA DW weapons a hell of a lot of people were using 2H in there.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!