Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Having trouble moving while attacking

peteed1985
WADS while using 12345 is very awkward while also having to have my mouse over the enemies to aim so when i'm moving I find I only can cast about half as many skills :( not quite sure what to do
  • punishergod
    punishergod
    ✭✭
    Get a good mmo mouse like the razer naga or naga hex.. puts all the buttons you need for your skills on the side of the mouse for your thumb.
    Takes a little bit to get used too, but it becomes second nature in no time.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^This^^ or use a controller. I use xbox controller for your very reason.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also a few skills that will fire with no mobs around, like Impulse and some others. So you can practice with these skills outside of combat.

Tab Targeting is also supposed to maintain your target, I don't use this, but something you can try.

Using slow moving mobs like Mammoths or Ice Atronachs or similar are also good to practice with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving while aiming, with a mouse and keyboard, takes a little time to get used to. I usually wind up strafing while attacking.

One thing that might help: mouse over an enemy and hit the tab key. If it works, you'll see a glow around them, indicating that you are now targeting them specifically. It won't adjust your camera or anything, but your single target attacks should hit them more easily and the lock will stay on even if they run off and hide behind something. Note: This isn't a guaranteed target lock, but it helps you aim, and is useful if you're trying to pick off one target out of a group.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use space bar (forward), B for backup, D for right and S for left. Then I use QWERT for skills 1-5. This seems to work much better for me than the defaults.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo