The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS: We Need the Ability to Craft NPC's for our Housing

• Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenpath wrote: »
    How the hell you gonna craft human being?

With a mommy and daddy human being.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe earn.....craft seems odd but yes unlock or earn, agree
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kunquatb16_ESO
    kunquatb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe earn.....craft seems odd but yes unlock or earn, agree

The crafting animation would be unique in MMOs... unless there some niche MMO I'm unaware of (probably, this is the internet...)
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO cloning coming to a Crown Store near you.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if the OP had just asked if we could place NPCs in our houses the conversation would have been better.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    This is a fantastic idea! I would have a Bard singing songs in my house! How cool would this be?!

Be careful what you wish for mortal, as the gods may introduce a bard assistant that costs 5000 crowns and follows you around. Imagine what the marketplace of every major city will become.

• makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    I vote yes to this ideal. And while we are at it how about craftable critters as well.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavennin wrote: »
    This is a fantastic idea! I would have a Bard singing songs in my house! How cool would this be?!

Be careful what you wish for mortal, as the gods may introduce a bard assistant that costs 5000 crowns and follows you around. Imagine what the marketplace of every major city will become.

Yup.. and all of em singing "Red Diamonds"
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    Lavennin wrote: »

Yup.. and all of em singing "Red Diamonds"

Perfect.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mommy and daddy char go in the bed and craft an NPC there????

well, that has something ....................
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but I would like that if I have all my toons at home, that they are all visible! Interactable just the toon I am on, but visible all of them!
    Crowded house!
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A High Elf out of weed
    Hot air*
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hire" maybe. Crafting NPCs would be weird... You can buy those soul shriven people with crowns, would be nice to buy a bard like that.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sex?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    "Craft" an npc.lol

expect to see scantily clad busty women and men with testicular issues on steroids
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Your other characters to roam the house

Can tick on and off which ones you want there

Make it happen please! @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wanted this since it's release, I'd pay for extra character slots just to have a Lusty Argonian Maid in Stay Moist Mansion
    I'm a goat
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting the servants eh?

Khajiit would craft a being with many, many arms - each of them holding a fishing rod.

This one she would call it - The Sweeper of the Oceans. Also it does not enjoy fish so Khajiit would get all of the fish.

Eventually perhaps this one might also interest Sweeper in the potential contents of pockets yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    I'd love to have a bard NPC available!

Yes.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Sheogorath, little leaf and cadwell all at a table have a conversation. Those 3 are the best npcs to listen to.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    I'd love to have a bard NPC available!

I knew I wasn't the only person who could have thought of this! I should have done a search.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Red Diamond Red DIAAAAAMOND....
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change "craft NPCs" for something like "make a challenging quest to get NPC as reward for the house", and I'll support the idea.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While its mildly amusing and mostly useless to have a merchant, banker, or pirharri in your house it would be nice if we could craft npc's for our houses to simply give life to them. Please give us art assets or let us create characters such as 'Chef', 'Stable master' etc. Even better give us the ability to make our own npc's completely with guild tabards. We would really appreciate it and having talked to other players I know it is something people would like to have.

Erm... you know how you create humans? Having sex, waiting 9 months, get a baby, waiting 16 or 18 years and then your child can take a profession like "Chef" or "stable master", maybe earlier.

The orc doesn't want to "make" his orc-npcs at the crafting table. Hello?

The only thing i could imagine to build as a NPC for our houses are robots. dwemeric creatures which you can build together and then put them into your house.

Although...my orc-crib in the house is empty...!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting them just seems weird. Earning them through quests, say a Jester from completing all or a particular quest during the Jester's fest would be great!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they implement a bard one day. Craftable or otherwise.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    "Is this a necromancy skill thread in disguise?"
    14pfhr.jpg

jk :)I think being able to place NPC's in my house would be great! It would make the place feel less lonely when my guildies aren't around, for sure.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You people take 'crafting' far too literally. I was just suggesting that a cost element and perhaps quest or earning element be involved. I'm amazed how many people take things literally when they were clearly never meant in that context. Teaching about the birds and the bees in the process is even more ridiculous. I know its funny but its been running on the thread since the beginning. The point remains it would be nice and I was suggesting that perhaps a gold cost would be inappropriate (they're not slaves are they?).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While its mildly amusing and mostly useless to have a merchant, banker, or pirharri in your house it would be nice if we could craft npc's for our houses to simply give life to them. Please give us art assets or let us create characters such as 'Chef', 'Stable master' etc. Even better give us the ability to make our own npc's completely with guild tabards. We would really appreciate it and having talked to other players I know it is something people would like to have.

"Craft" npcs? , then we need a new crafting skill line called necromancy :D
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather give professions to my other characters and have them in my houses. But I'll take anything to replace the ugly dunmer banker.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please my brothel seems so empty without it's crew of Bosmer wenches.