The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are there no Dark Anchors/Dolmens in Vvardenfell

drakhan2002_ESO
drakhan2002_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Why was this section of Tamriel spared from Molag Bal's dark anchors?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cause of the Tribunal
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause I kicked Molag Bol right in the nuts and sent him and his posse packing...your welcome.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Molag Bal and the Tribunal had struck a secret deal. Wake up guar-people!
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple. Molag Bal is not an ESO Plus subscriber, has not purchased DLC, and did not buy Morrowind. He is still upset about the whole Imperial City being a DLC thing. That means no Dark Anchors in Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, or Vvardenfell. He also runs bots in Grahtwood, Rift, and Shadowfen.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because.... every time Zos adds a new zone you'll lose your title of 'Savior of nirn' xDDD
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Danika
    Danika
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to decide of the five responses the OP received, which one is correct...
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Cause I kicked Molag Bol right in the nuts and sent him and his posse packing...your welcome.

Do like this one the best though... KUDOS! B)
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure from a company point of view, Zenimax has some sort of reasoning behind not adding any dolmens to the expansion DLC and new chapter. There is validity to @Delpi's comment about the "Savior of Nirn" achievement - it would be kinda null obnoxious to be stripped of a title every time new content is released.

From a lore point of view, I'm inclined to agree with the comments above about The Tribunal making some kind of arrangement with Molag Bal.

In The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec we find out a number of (somewhat disturbing) things about The Three, and about certain, um, questionable relations that go on between Vivec and Molag Bal, but I won't spoil(er) that stuff here. I'm sure there are plenty of lore buffs here in the forums who can elaborate on it without giving too much away.

Personally, I prefer to believe Vvardenfell has no dolmens because of Vivec.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I thought chronologically speaking the quests in Vvardenfell take place after the Vestige main quest

Other than that........dragon break?

;)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *MAGIC*

The explanation to everything. Get out of here, Dwemers.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can also wonder why the dolmen's continue after you finish the main quest and Molag keeps taunting you about missing companions you already rescued.
    Edited by Everstorm on June 28, 2017 9:33AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there are no dolmens on Vvardenfell because of the Tribunal. Whether that's because they made a deal with Molag Bal, or were just able to keep the Worm Cult out, is not clear.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Because Molag Bal and the Tribunal had struck a secret deal. Wake up guar-people!

yes this!! check out the lore!!!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it only Sotha Sil that made a deal? And that deal was about the Princes no longer directly interfering on Nirn and only using intermediaries i.e. Mannimarco.

Could have sworn they said on an ESO Live they stated all DLC including Craglorn was post Moldy Bals.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    By that reasoning there should be no dolmens in Deeshan as Almalexia hangs out there.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By that reasoning there should be no dolmens in Deeshan as Almalexia hangs out there.
    I would imagine she's more interested in protecting Vvardenfell too. Why focus the efforts of the Tribunal in multiple locations? It would be much more efficient to all be protecting Vvardenfell than splitting their resources between Vvardenfell and Deshaan.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i can tell lorespoilers ahead, concerning mainstory:
    When u create a new char, you start in vvardenfell, and can resolve the story there.
    When u travel to another zone the first time, u get a new quest which results in getting killed and becoming the vestige.
    Wrothgar is more of a mystery, as u find a bunch of references to King Kurog esp. in DC zones; Kurog himself shows up in a cutscene during the mainquest (the one where mannimacro dreams of godhood and all the rulers bow to him). That would indicate Wrothgar takes place after the mainquest. Otoh, u find an unfished dolmen in wrothgar, which would indicate its during or before the mainquest.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag dont have no 40$
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I would imagine she's more interested in protecting Vvardenfell too. Why focus the efforts of the Tribunal in multiple locations? It would be much more efficient to all be protecting Vvardenfell than splitting their resources between Vvardenfell and Deshaan.

Well, there is a reason to protect Mournhold, and that is why Magistrate Vox gets a whole quest line of her own in Deshaan. Almalexia gets mightily upset when there are Daedra in Mournhold. On the other hand, she does not seem to care about Vvardenfell, or the plight of Vivec.

I would have to go back and listen to Azura for the details of the pact between the Tribunal and the Daedric Princes. It seemed very specific to Vvardenfell, at the time, but that could be just because the conversation was taking place on Vvardenfell. We know that Red Mountain is more important for the Tribunal than Mournhold, as the events of the last part of the 3rd Era and first part of the 4th Era will reveal. Why Almalexia does not take a more active role in what is happening with the Vvardenfell and the Red Mountain is a mystery to me. I mean, even she must realize what it would mean if Baar Dau fell.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't read every reply, but I'm guessing for the same reason there are none in Wrothgar - it's assumed you're heading to these areas post-vestige solo quest line, and there are no more anchors being dropped. The anchors still dropping in the normal zones technically should halt as well, but with achievements tied to them, they're still active and should just be relatively ignored lore wise at that point. Also, I think one of the NPC characters say they may still drop for a bit, but I could be wrong I don't remember.

Even so, it's most likely because the areas are meant for the post story.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple. Molag Bal is not an ESO Plus subscriber, has not purchased DLC, and did not buy Morrowind. He is still upset about the whole Imperial City being a DLC thing. That means no Dark Anchors in Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, or Vvardenfell. He also runs bots in Grahtwood, Rift, and Shadowfen.

Lol, made my day.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    because it takes place after the base game questline, and the Dolmens have been removed/sucked into Coldharbour.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    get molag those 40 bugz and let him buy that!!!