Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lost skill points / Werewolf

Gurubu
Gurubu
I cured werewolf before realizing that you lose your skill points. I attempted to re-spec but realized after reading forum threads and the support article that you have to re-infect yourself and the points will still be invested in the tree. I then get re-infected but there's no skill points assigned in the werewolf tree (although when doing the Werewolf quest, the 2 abilities they gave you was already listed as level 4). I'm confused did I lose the skill points or did they make changes to the game to allow respec to work?
"There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today." -Syrio Forel
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it is, is this:

you allocate points into the werewolf/vampire lines, If you get yourself cured, you will not get your skill points back as they will remain allocated to those skill lines.

the best work-around to ensure you get all your skill points is to make sure you do not cure yourself until you have respec'ed your skill points before seeing the priest of arkay.

And no, you should not lose your skill points either way.
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.