The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Correct way to Grind Skyreach

EarthenPillar
EarthenPillar
✭✭✭
The people I helped power level were willing to help make a video so I supposed it could save up some time of people in the community.

Many players were asking how I get toons up so quickly. I'm not sure if it is intended of Zenimax. If it is, that's a thank you.
Grinding others or being power leveled has never been a much more thrilling experience or a rewarding one.
Plus the fact that Skyreach Catacombs is a dungeon instance, it frees up a lot of the space in overworld for players to do actual content.

The average XP rate is 60~120k per 2 minutes. This depends on how well the players are at kiting.
Every class has their own respective methods, Stam or Magicka.
I may talk about that a little more if many people ask for. Perhaps in another video? Not sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXO5QTuG2fc

The guildies from Trojan Horse, my South East Asian Guild were a great help. So I'm going refer them here.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4144025/#Comment_4144025
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This posts and video amounts to one thing:

"Look at me ZoS! Nerf this grind please! NERF IT TO OBLIVION!"

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're doing it wrong.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    This is wrong. I'm kiting way faster than you, 3 times faster actually. It should be done with only 3 stops.

1) Why you killing zombies in first room. Hit only one of them (instead of your video you are circling in room this is completely wrong). Take them to the boss while collecting other slots. Rip them before boss.
    2) Skip boss, take room and other after boss, other player will start event. Rip them with event.
    3) Pull all slots until the start. Rip them when you reach entrance. Disband.

As you can see, i can do this in 3 minutes maybe in 3.5 minutes tops so i can level any character in 2 hours 1 - 50.

Please, before write a guide, research first, look and ask what other ppl do, then put your guide. Because you are misdirecting other ppl.

hf.
    Edited by Elvenpath on June 13, 2017 7:53AM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, I didn't actually watch the video until now but that is probably the slowest I have ever seen someone do a run.

Maximum efficiency is three pulls. At the highest point you should be able to keep a destruction staff ultimate up all the time.

There is also a single pull that can be done to kill everything in the dungeon at once, but that is a lot worse because mobs have a high chance of leashing - or for new spawns to not aggro. It misses out on a lot of experience, even though it is faster to finish a run the experience is less.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on June 13, 2017 7:14AM
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Im so leet i only do right side to boss pulls. Always seems to amount to about half the xp of the entire thing. The open chest while pulling thing is a huge eye opener though and a game changer lol. Saves so much time could be worth it.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i was paying someone to level me in Skyreach and they did it like this, I'd be asking for a refund.
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    As good a place as any to ask, what is the base exp for a clear of the grinding rout? With out any training gear/scrolls/potions/enlightenment?

I cleared the standard area + chest solo the other day, with enlightenment but no other exp modifiers, and only got around 220k for the whole thing. Enlightenment is 5x, right? So the base exp was only like 40k per run with out modifiers, is that right?
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭
    Bringer wrote: »
    As good a place as any to ask, what is the base exp for a clear of the grinding rout? With out any training gear/scrolls/potions/enlightenment?

I cleared the standard area + chest solo the other day, with enlightenment but no other exp modifiers, and only got around 220k for the whole thing. Enlightenment is 5x, right? So the base exp was only like 40k per run with out modifiers, is that right?

It is much more important to be going for a high XP/minute rate than an actual full clear.
    Each run only takes 1 minute half for an XP pull of 90~120k if the players make a good pull and aggro is managed properly. Here is an XP Table for your reference:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling

2,805,665 total exp needed.
    Which means it takes only approximately 32~35 good pulls to level up a lowbie from 1 to 50.

Of course with the kiting comes a risk for the player, that is subjective to the person being power leveled and their skill.
    So it may take more pulls if it is not prompt. However I've found the time taken to only be approximately 1hour or almost 2 with the right modifiers.

There are much better spots in overworld to power level a player if they can't kite however. I really only suggest this method for players who have buddies with sufficient knowledge using class skills to kite.

Elvenpath wrote: »
    This is wrong. Why you killing zombies in first room. Hit only one of them
    As you can see, i can do this in 3 minutes maybe in 3.5 minutes tops so i can level any character in 2 hours 1 - 50.
    Please, before write a guide, research first, look and ask what other ppl do, then put your guide. Because you are misdirecting other ppl.
    Again, not sure what you're refering to. Each example run only took 1:30~2 minutes. When you have a video to testproof I might watch it.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this cool to do it solo? I'm already positive if I try I won't do it correctly, however, even at 4 times slower it'll be well worth it. Mur, I just wanna be level 50 already harumph
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭
    Is this cool to do it solo? I'm already positive if I try I won't do it correctly, however, even at 4 times slower it'll be well worth it. Mur, I just wanna be level 50 already harumph

That's fine as long as you have Elemental rage or some sort of good survival combo like Repentence + Endless Hail + Steel Tornado.

What do you play?

Doing it solo takes double the time of course. You don't need to pull to center foyer since you aren't doing it with another player. So activate those fire pits and skeleton piles and pull to end.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's fine as long as you have Elemental rage or some sort of good survival combo like Repentence + Endless Hail + Steel Tornado.

What do you play?

Doing it solo takes double the time of course. You don't need to pull to center foyer since you aren't doing it with another player. So activate those fire pits and skeleton piles and pull to end.

Warden, any suggestions? Never done this kind of grind before
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭

Just wear training traits of sets:
    Armor of the Seducer
    Law of Julianos
    Have 2 destruction staves, Shock & Flame.

Have them crafted for each 10 levels, to Lv40.
    Remember to grab thief mundus.

Important to rush Destro staff to Lv50 to take on Elemental Rage.
    Growing Swarm, Winter's Revenge, Elemental Blockade, Dampen Magic, Shimmering Shield, Elemental Rage
    Subterranean Assault, Screaming Cliff Racer, Blue Betty, Bird of Prey, Elemental Drain, Starfall/Northen Storm

Kiting skills here are:
    Shimmering Shield, Dampen Magic, Bird of Prey

When you do the catacombs pull, practice going in deep and taking as much mobs you believe you could without dying. Then take more mobs each time. The more mobs you can kill in less amount of time possible, the better.

It helps the first time in you figure out each mobs' mechanics so you know what to look out for. Especially the fears, snipes or snares.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm ready to try again.

I kinda got pinnacle confused with hold... Lmfao didn't work as well!

But now I know and I'll go prepared!

Also gonna do

Just wear training traits of sets:
    Armor of the Seducer
    Law of Julianos
    Have 2 destruction staves, Shock & Flame.

Have them crafted for each 10 levels, to Lv40.
    Remember to grab thief mundus.

Important to rush Destro staff to Lv50 to take on Elemental Rage.
    Growing Swarm, Winter's Revenge, Elemental Blockade, Dampen Magic, Shimmering Shield, Elemental Rage
    Subterranean Assault, Screaming Cliff Racer, Blue Betty, Bird of Prey, Elemental Drain, Starfall/Northen Storm

Kiting skills here are:
    Shimmering Shield, Dampen Magic, Bird of Prey

When you do the catacombs pull, practice going in deep and taking as much mobs you believe you could without dying. Then take more mobs each time. The more mobs you can kill in less amount of time possible, the better.

It helps the first time in you figure out each mobs' mechanics so you know what to look out for. Especially the fears, snipes or snares.

Gonna do this too

@earthenpillar for a slow, solo, incorrect run, how long is a good guess at gaining oh... 17 levels?

Edit: also no destro ult, I think I'm lvl 40 in destro - gonna try and use Warden ult? That gonna work?
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 14, 2017 3:58PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭
    You are simply doing what you could afford to no? Yes, Sleet Storm or Northern Storm is fine. It's cheaper in cost compared to elemental rage as well.

If Skyreach Catacombs proves too hard, you could try out SpellScar in Craglorn.
    I personally think the later is better for solo grinding. Or Spiders in Nilata Ruins, just head to the Nilata Falls wayshrine.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EarthenPillar thank you for your help, I'm really excited to log on and try :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there a way to reset the dungeon after a run or do I have to wait approx 5 min between each run?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭
    So is there a way to reset the dungeon after a run or do I have to wait approx 5 min between each run?

The only real way of resetting the dungeon is to party with someone and change the difficulty, or to disband the group. I suggest having someone tag along who is also interested in leveling so you guys could gain some bonus XP from being in a party. So long as it doesn't exceed 2 players the XP won't be divided.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I went from lvl 36 to 49 last night soloing this. Thanks for all of your help and advice!

Because I haven't changed gear (lvl 30 gear) I sit at 800 spell DMG lmfao. Getting a bit more difficult now, but I should be done in an hour or less :)

Thanks again!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EarthenPillar
    EarthenPillar
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it helped. :smile:
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for bumping but did they change the layout of this ?
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for bumping but did they change the layout of this ?

no