The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warrior poet vs plague doctor

iord_stryker
iord_stryker
✭✭✭
How does the warrior poet set stack up for tanking? At a glance the 10 pefcent health boost plus resistance boosts sound good but do they beat the raw health buff that plague doctor gives?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Especially if you're a Warden or have one in the group, since Warden provides the same buff from a class passive.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read Warhorn tooltip .
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warrior poet is a useless set, since a warden healer with the maturation passive or a tank or healer using warhorn would give you the same buff. And warhorn is meta ultimate that a huge majprity of players run.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really agree with wardens running warhorn though. their green healing ultimate heals for a good amount, gives a GODLY hot on expiriation (biggest and shortest duration HOT in the game) and only costs 75 ultimate. it's damned near spammable and has on it's own kept several pugs from total failure in vet dungeons.

now if the warden is not the only healer? i can see using warhorn.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »
    I dont really agree with wardens running warhorn though. their green healing ultimate heals for a good amount, gives a GODLY hot on expiriation (biggest and shortest duration HOT in the game) and only costs 75 ultimate. it's damned near spammable and has on it's own kept several pugs from total failure in vet dungeons.

If you want to push DPS in Trials, and you do, you want both healers and both tanks to run warhorn. Some teams, though never tried it myself, even have a DPS run warhorn too to have 5 people rotate it for great Major Force uptime.

And why I brought up Wardens is because when they heal someone and have the green balance passive "Maturation" it gives the healed target Minor toughness for 5-10s depending on rank of the passive. So no matter what the smae buff as Warrior Poet and Warhorn would go out, making Warrior Poet a useless set. Only in situations where you are alone or don't want to rely on people around you is it usefull, and that would only be in PvP or Maelstrom.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »

If you want to push DPS in Trials, and you do, you want both healers and both tanks to run warhorn. Some teams, though never tried it myself, even have a DPS run warhorn too to have 5 people rotate it for great Major Force uptime.

And why I brought up Wardens is because when they heal someone and have the green balance passive "Maturation" it gives the healed target Minor toughness for 5-10s depending on rank of the passive. So no matter what the smae buff as Warrior Poet and Warhorn would go out, making Warrior Poet a useless set. Only in situations where you are alone or don't want to rely on people around you is it usefull, and that would only be in PvP or Maelstrom.

The cool thing about having a Warden healer:
    75 ultimate cost, 20 ultimate per person healed under 50% health, Master Architect and SPC, high Major Slayer uptime for the ranged DPS in the group (aka those who aren't going to benefit from a melee stamblade/stamplar using War Machine). But I guess a Templar with Light's Champion would achieve more or less the same thing and provide Major Force and Major Protection for 5 seconds... Dunno. You'd have less uptime on War Machine with Light's Champion, but the ultimate itself is a bit better IMO. Idk.
    Either way: to compensate for the lack of the 4th Warhorn, both tanks would use full ultimate generation setups or something of the sort.
    I think its a pretty neat idea. I mean you're going to have the ultimate up at least every 25 sec (and that's without activating the Netch or benefitting from the ultimate return from healing low health targets). And after all, the heals from this ultimate are very strong, like REAL strong.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Warrior-Poet Set dosen't stack with War Horn.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember; just because something doesn't stack with something else doesn't mean it's useless. If that was actually the case almost 50% of everything would be redundant, because, apart from some minor buffs, almost every major/minor buff can be obtained multiple ways.

Is it best in slot (BiS) for end-game competitive trial guilds? No, but that's the vast minority of the player base. It does not make it useless.
    If you can be anything, be kind.