Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is a Stamina Warden tank viable?

Diggitydug
Diggitydug
✭✭✭
Im starting to kick some ideas around this. I have gone Stam Warden as my next character, as opposed to Stam Sorc. (I have a max Magica Sorc, I can always convert over later). Im currently playing Stam Sorc DPS, and frankly Im loving it. I have solo world bosses at level 12, through the combination of the bear and the stamina (and magica) based self heals.

It worked so well, I am starting to wonder if a Stamina based Warden Tank would be effective. Most of their tank line is Magica based, but could you build around it?

Any Theory crafters out there @Alcast @luckyluke92 @Nolic1 that would like to give as Stamina based Warden tank a try?

Thanks!
Diggity
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    I theorycraft build expecially for PvP, so i'm not so expert about PvE tank, i'm sure @Alcast actually made a Build Video on Warden Tank.
    Here is his Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qu89qqkWZM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a build for my Warden I tank on. Works really well. Very similar playstyle to DK tanking with gear, CP and attribtes being very a like. I don't have all the spec finished yet so don't want to post it quite yet but warden tanks, no matter which stat you use the most, works really well.
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps Looking forward to it.

Both @Alcast and @Woeler have good Magica or hybrid tanking builds. What I am hoping for is someone who could theorycraft a good pure stamina tanking build, that I could off DPS as.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Diggitydug wrote: »
    Im starting to kick some ideas around this. I have gone Stam Warden as my next character, as opposed to Stam Sorc. (I have a max Magica Sorc, I can always convert over later). Im currently playing Stam Sorc DPS, and frankly Im loving it. I have solo world bosses at level 12, through the combination of the bear and the stamina (and magica) based self heals.

It worked so well, I am starting to wonder if a Stamina based Warden Tank would be effective. Most of their tank line is Magica based, but could you build around it?

Any Theory crafters out there @Alcast @luckyluke92 @Nolic1 that would like to give as Stamina based Warden tank a try?

Thanks!
    Diggity

Yeah in fact I am working on one right now to bring out hopefully by Monday the 12th if everything goes good. But yeah they could be a really good stam tank with some good set ups.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean by "viable," but my stamward kills things pretty easily. They're fun to play, too.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my new "main-char" raised with this stamina warden. Just need a bit more tweaking, 1-2 stam based class skill-morphs, and give back phys dmg +6% buff.