Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are the popular add-ons

sjaeger172004rwb17_ESO
Hi all

Haven't played for a few years now just wondering what are the popular add-ons that are now used and why.

Thank you

Best Answer

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just switch from xbox to PC last week and im using

Skyshards
    lorebooks

those are self explanatory

I'm using FTC for damage numbers buffs and combat text and DPS review

I'm using potion maker to see what i have not learned yet to get alchemy up

and im using Harvest map so every time i loot any crafting materials it maps it on my map and what type it was so then when you go back to farm you can see the most dense spots of materials.. very helpfull

and i think so far that's all i got

EDIT: and master merchant, so you know pricing and everything of things you wanna sell
    Edited by magictucktuck on June 9, 2017 10:02PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Answer ✓
  • sjaeger172004rwb17_ESO
    NOT SURE HOW TO DELETE THIS COMMENT
    Edited by sjaeger172004rwb17_ESO on June 11, 2017 4:37AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Minion to give me the lorebooks and skyshards add-ons. I can live without the lorebooks one, but I can't live without the skyshards. LOL. There's another popular one called Dolbrugun's(?) Lazy Writ Crafter, I think. (I might have gotten the name wrong, but if you load up Minion and look up "lazy writ" in the search, it'll come up.) That one makes doing crafting writs faster.

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 11, 2017 5:38AM
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    Minion is part of ESOUI and for my money or lack of it, gives the most reliable add-ons and updates. I had to fool around before I got the ones I liked. I can't function with Foundry Tactical.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily the most popular, but here are a few I use:

Advanced Filters: This adds additional categories to the inventory interface. So you can filter to just show you heavy armor, or two handed weapons, quickly and painlessly. Very small, very useful.

AUI: This is an interface overhaul mod. It has a lot of features, not all of which you might want or need. Includes a minimap, multiquest tracking, additional information about your health, other characters' health, their class, allows you to hotkey multiple quickuse slots, ect.

AwesomeGuildStore: Massively expands the functionality of the guild store interface, basically makes it usable.

Crafted Potions: Color codes crafted potions. Crafed ones are green, crafted with two effects are blue, crafted with three effects are purple. Very small, but it has massive implications for keeping track of your potions if you're crafting them, which you should at endgame.

CraftStore (and friends, there's actually three or four, I'm running Fixed and Improved and Morrowind): This is a crafting management addon. It helps you identify motifs and recipes your characters are missing, and can assist with tracking research. It also has alternate crafting interfaces for Provisioning, and Enchanting.

Destinations (currently out of date): Puts markers on your map for things you haven't discovered yet. Can also display lots of achievement locations.

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter: Once you're doing crafting writs, this will semi-automate the process. You still need to interact with the stations, but it can quickly produce whatever you need for the quest.

Dye Station Achievement Links: Lets you actually look at the achievements you need for dyes from the station's interface.

Harven's Improved Skill Window: Lets you see exactly how much progress you need to make on an ability before you can morph it, and also gives you more info on how much XP you need to progress a skill line.

Inventory Grid View: Allows you to toggle your interface between the normal list, and a grid style. Nice for getting a quick view of how much you have in your inventory.

Inventory Insight: Lets you see what all of your characters have in their inventories. Easily searchable. Useful if you're running multiple alts, and aren't sure what you have/need.

LoreBooks: Marks Lore Books, and Eidetic Memory collectibles on the map.

Lost Treasure: Marks the location of Treasure Maps, and Surveys on the map.

Master Merchant: If you're in a trade guild, this is useful. If you're on your own, it won't work. This checks your guild's sales history, and will calculate the average value of any item. Except, it won't. Because if there's no copies of that exact item being sold, then it returns no data. Still, it is useful if you're a trader.

Mer Achievement Filters: Gives you a few more filter options in the achievement menu. With Dye, Started, and With Item (which includes titles, IIRC).

NoAccidentalStealing: Prevents looting owned items (and picking owned locks) while you can be detected. It won't protect you from someone walking in on you trying to pick a lockbox, but it will keep you from accidentally stealing someone's beer.

Potion Maker: Alchemy Crafting overhaul, which allows you to actually search for specific effects.

Quality Sort: Lets you sort your inventory based on item rarity. Gold/Purple/Blue/Green/White/Grey.

Ravalox' Quest Tracker: This is the multiquest tracker I prefer. Though, if you're using AUI for this, you don't need to switch.

SimpleHelmetToggle: Allows you to hotkey the show/hide helmet setting, so you can flick it back and forth on a whim.

SkyShards: Marks the Skyshards on your map.

Srendarr: Tracks buffs that affect your character. Technically redundant with AUI, but I prefer this.

Suppress Error Message: Prints Error Messages to the Chat or elsewhere instead of throwing an error window in your face.

Tamriel Trade Centre: Okay, this is a little different from Master Merchant. It scans public guild stores, and then reports the prices. Then it generates its value estimates based on the items listed, though not necessarily the number sold. This is crowd sourced.

Vampire's Woe: Allows you to hotkey a toggle which will prevent your vampire from feeding. Named because the feed interaction for a vampire is identical to the Dark Brotherhood Blade of Woe ability. Meaning, for a vampire, you can easily screw up assassinations by feeding on your target instead.

Votan's Fisherman: to make fishing easier.

Wykkyd Achievement Tracker: Allows you to pin achievement progress to your screen. Effectively functioning like a quest tracker. If there's some dye or other reward you really want, this can help you keep track of what you need to do to earn it.
  • sjaeger172004rwb17_ESO
    Any addon for looking for quests you havent done in an area?

Thanks
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Any addon for looking for quests you havent done in an area?

Thanks

Destinations works to do that by pointing out all the areas you haven't explored yet (which includes most quest hubs).

In general I'd add Dustman to the list of nice addons. It allows you to customize marking of stuff in your inventory as "junk", and auto-sells all junk you have whenever you talk to a vendor. It's virtually eliminated the time I spend searching for the stuff I want to sell off.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For cosmetics, I really like DarkUI, but here are a few add ons I would find it difficult to play without:

Alpha Gear - allows you to swap between 16 different gear sets and ability bars

Multi Craft - lets you craft more than one item at a time

Wykkyd Toolbar - info bar at the top of your screen

Omni Stats - track your spell dmg / weapon dmg and other stats onscreen

Master Merchant - shows you the average selling prices of items

My XP View - tracks XP and Alliance Points per hour

Action Duration Reminder - adds a countdown number to each ability on your bar for tracking when dots or buffs expire

CraftStore - essential crafting UI overhaul

Lost Treasure - shows you the treasure map and crafting survey locations

Destinations - shows you all the points of interest

Lorebooks - shows you the lorebooks

Skyshards - shows you the skyshards

I use Foundry Tactical Combat just for the combat log, which seems to be a bit more accurate than some other combat log add ons.

Combat Metrics - useful for PVE group dungeons

Mobile Bank - allows you to quickly check inventory of all your other characters

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 15, 2017 4:33PM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any addon for looking for quests you haven't done in an area?

The add-on Quest Map will put filters on your map for Completed & Uncompleted Quests, and I really like it because you can toggle the filters On/Off so I only see the markers when I need to.
    The only drawback is sometimes there are markers for old content, not often but it happens.

Have fun!
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }