Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Character Delete Cooldown

ATubofButter
System: Xbox One
Server: NA

Is there anyway to circumvent this? I reached my max yesterday. Moving characters from AD to DC. (Want to use the names they have) Reached the max yesterday, so I waited 24 hours deleted the guy I wanted to, made a new one and realized I never chose a class. So now I need to delete him yet again to make him the right class. I submitted a support ticket hoping they could give me one more today so I can play with my new character, but I have a feeling I'll just be waiting another 24 hours.

Thank you for anyone who responds. (Yes I know its my fault for not paying attention. Also, I get the reasoning behind the timer although bots aren't an issue on the console, but if someone got a hold of your account it could be a life saver still.)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, you have to wait. They got too many complaints from people who rage deleted their whole lineup, lol.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The limit was in part to help stop botting, and it cannot be circumvented.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when the game first launched. Goldsellers would create new characters, zip them through some quick meet and greet quests, bank the gold, delete them, and start over. This meant even if the bots were getting reported, the character would be long gone before anyone could shut them down.

The delete limit was specifically put into place so that you'd never have to see an endless procession of idiots in soul shriven gear phasing through walls, coming out of wayshrines and zipping to and from quests.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when the game first launched. Goldsellers would create new characters, zip them through some quick meet and greet quests, bank the gold, delete them, and start over. This meant even if the bots were getting reported, the character would be long gone before anyone could shut them down.

The delete limit was specifically put into place so that you'd never have to see an endless procession of idiots in soul shriven gear phasing through walls, coming out of wayshrines and zipping to and from quests.

Yup. That was such a joy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvsHop1COY
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this