The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How can i play main quest ( not morrowind questline )

takedkill
takedkill
Soul Shriven
I buyed eso morrowind and the game started at the morrowind campagne. But i want to play the main questline of ESO with te prophet. Someone know how i can do this?
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to any wayshrine, and just travel to a starting zone area. For AD that is Khenarthi's Roost, for DC it's Stros M'kai, and for EP it's Bleakrock Isle.
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that you need to go to the factions main island (not the starter islands) like Auridon, Gelnumbra and Stonefalls and meet up with a mysterious stranger who points you toward a person on a boat which starts your trip to cold harbor where when you escape via the anchor the main quest line starts.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In DC you go to the ship in Glenumbra and meet with a hooded figure, who will give you the quest
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DON'T GO TO THE STARTER ISLANDS.

Go from Morrowind to the capital city for your faction. There you will be hailed by a stranger, who will start you on that questline. (Make sure to empty your inventory first, because once you start the Wailing Prison quest, you're stuck there until it's over.)

I say don't go to the starter islands because after the Wailing Prison, you'll then be sent to the starter islands like normal, so you'll get there anyway.

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 9, 2017 5:29AM
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    "You need to go to the starting city for your alliance and you'll get the start of the quest there from a hooded figure to go see the benefactor."
    "An NPC "Hooded Figure" will appear somewhere in each zone you are/city. Their original location are docks in first significant zones (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls). Talking to them starts "Soulshrvien in Coldharbour" quest"

see: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347462/how-do-you-get-the-main-story-quest-on-a-new-morrowind-chararacter
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's clarify the questlines you can play that came as the "vanilla" version of the original game:

1. Main storyline: a prophet will appear and speak to you in zone 1 of your character's faction. He tells you to come to a place called the harborage. The main story progresses as your character levels. Each ten levels opens a new chapter, leading your character to a confrontation with Molag Bol.

2. Main faction quests: this can be quite confusing now with One Tamriel because your character is off the "rail" and can pick up segments of these all over. Each faction has a quest line that starts in the zone one main city (vukel guard, daggerfall, davons watch). These lines progress through all five zones in that faction. They're quite long. For chronological reference, the end of each faction quest occurs at the point in the main story where you are sent back to Coldharbour at player level 50.

Here's the most confusing thing about the faction quests - you can pick up each zone's first quest even if you haven't finished the previous zones. This can make the story a jumbled mess. If you want to play the story, be careful and don't accidentally pick up the quests in the entrance to a new zone. Online guides can be helpful in knowing what order to play the quests. But in general, the faction quests always direct you forward...they always complete a segment then have a new quest giver right there telling you where to go next.

You may play all three faction storylines simultaneously...they don't really overlap.

3. Mage and fighters guild: these quest lines open as you level these lines. Mage guild levels by picking up purple lore books around Tamriel. Fighters guild levels by killing undead and daedra, and closing dolmens. Each guild has six main quests, which end at the same place the faction quests end, right before you go to Colharbor

Expansion/DLc/other quest lines

Craglorn: several quest lines revolving around a central story, all self contained in craglorn and occurring chronologically after the vanilla game.

Wrothgar: a main storyline and dozens of side quests, all self contained. Occur chronologically after craglorn...or at the same time...doesn't really overlap.

Imperial city: it's a pvp zone, but there's a storyline of pve quests.

Thieve's Guild / hews Bane: main storyline, self contained in zone.

Dark brotherhood / Gold Coast: main story, self contained in zone.

Morrowind: chronologically it comes at the end. However, ESO has been designed to play in whatever order you want (mostly). The worst thing that happens if you play Morrowind before, say, Wrothgar is that at the end of Wrothgar someone appears and says something about Sothol Sil and trouble in Vvardenfell. It won't ruin anything.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a mistake and started the main questline in the EP (I'm after Wailing Prison). Is it possible to continue in the DC Harborage? How? Should I delete the quest, then the Prophet will appear again?
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The absolute fastest way to do the One Tamriel main alliance quest line, along with Cadwell's (for the other alliance quest lines) is to get the add-on Destinations.

There is a setting in Destinations for just "Cadwell's"; while your main quest line is not Cadwell's for you...it is for someone else...

So effectively it will cover up all other quest markers except for those that are part of the main quest line for any alliance. You can breeze through every alliance main quest for your skill points, achievements, and goodies.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the soulless one quest, main quest not my thing, but I went to the starting city after having Morrrowind and find that I am once again the soulless one. Delete character, start again. That quest line should be completely changed with one Tamriel. The main quest should be optional.

: hooded stranger appears "We need your help if you are willing..."
    :PC "Accept" or "Decline" Decline, you don't hear about it again.

That would make me a happy camper.
    Edited by Sevalaricgirl on June 14, 2017 8:18PM