The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do you get the Main Story quest on a new Morrowind chararacter?

robeauch
robeauch
✭✭✭
Maybe I missed a cue somewhere? I started a fresh character for Morrowind, even went through the new tutorial. She's now questing her way through Vvardenfell at level 10, but has still not been offered the main questline (the one starting with "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour").

Presumably I'm supposed to get it at some point? Or did I miss something about what to do/where to go?
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to go to the starting city for your alliance and you'll get the start of the quest there from a hooded figure to go see the benefactor.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it I think when I took my character to Wayrest? I went there because I had a bounty and it was the only place my new character could get to that I knew where the thieves den was. After that I traveled to some guild members randomly just so I would have more wayshrines available later. Could have got the quest in one of those places but I think it was in Wayrest.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All you have to do now is go see that benefactor and watch the new cut scene :)
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    Ah HA!

Thanks all, that worked. Got the quest by going to my alliance starter zone. It had not occurred to me to do that since there aren't any Vvardenfell quests that point you in that direction.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    robeauch wrote: »
    Ah HA!

Thanks all, that worked. Got the quest by going to my alliance starter zone. It had not occurred to me to do that since there aren't any Vvardenfell quests that point you in that direction.

Morituri te slautan :)
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An NPC "Hooded Figure" will appear somewhere in each zone you are/city. Their original location are docks in first significant zones (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls). Talking to them starts "Soulshrvien in Coldharbour" quest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv1oqeMVg1g
  • Jimbostein
    I picked up the quest in Riften after porting to my house, so it's probably any mainland city.