The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam Warden + Hunt Leader?

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm working on a Stam Warden Bosmer tank for solo and dungeons. I'm going to wear a heavy armor set- and then I was planning to invest in Hunt Leader as a secondary set (jewelry+SnB). Has anyone had any experience with Hunt Leader on a Stam Warden? Does the set procc off your bear attacks?

Also- out of curiosity... does the passive "Bond with Nature" only apply when your bear ultimate is killed or unsummoned? Or does it apply when you use any animal ability?
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    I'm working on a Stam Warden Bosmer tank for solo and dungeons. I'm going to wear a heavy armor set- and then I was planning to invest in Hunt Leader as a secondary set (jewelry+SnB). Has anyone had any experience with Hunt Leader on a Stam Warden? Does the set procc off your bear attacks?

Also- out of curiosity... does the passive "Bond with Nature" only apply when your bear ultimate is killed or unsummoned? Or does it apply when you use any animal ability?

I heard during PTS that Hunt Leader would proc from both the bear and the cliff racer. Not sure if that's still the case on live, though.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    It procs on bear attacks, but not on cliff racer. Not sure if it ever did. Bond with Nature works with Netch, Cliff racer, and fissure/subterranean assault.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »
    It procs on bear attacks, but not on cliff racer. Not sure if it ever did. Bond with Nature works with Netch, Cliff racer, and fissure/subterranean assault.

I am pretty sure I saw a video of it working with the Cliff racer....
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you watch from 8:35 to 9:50, @Gilliamtherogue talks about this set with Warden. Credit goes to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpJxvaFIW8[/video]

Edit: @jaburns tag
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on June 7, 2017 6:36PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunt leader doesn´t exist with sword and board (made a post regarding this https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350693/proposed-change-to-the-maelstrom-loot-table#latest).
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭

yes it does.

clif racer is a pet. the animal companion passive that heals you whenever your pet dies fires on every activation of clif racer when it disappears in addition to what gilliam said.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to use this set. Can it easily be obtained in normal arena?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone. Thanks for all the replies. I'll forward this to Reddit since I just saw a post asking the same question.

@Qbiken It doesn't come with SnB? This link shows the set with a SnB. http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Orsinium+Sets

Does it at least have a one-handed weapon? I can work around that with 3pc jewelry, 1pc belt, and a one-handed weapon. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Thanks for all the replies. I'll forward this to Reddit since I just saw a post asking the same question.

@Qbiken It doesn't come with SnB? This link shows the set with a SnB. http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Orsinium+Sets

Does it at least have a one-handed weapon? I can work around that with 3pc jewelry, 1pc belt, and a one-handed weapon. ;)

@jaburns yes the "wiki" says so, but no such thing as hunt weapons exists. Same goes for all the sets that drops in maelstrom arena (aside from the maelstrom weapons dropping from veteran).
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    I wanted to use this set. Can it easily be obtained in normal arena?

If RNG are in your favour then it´s easy to obtain xD
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »

yes it does.

clif racer is a pet. the animal companion passive that heals you whenever your pet dies fires on every activation of clif racer when it disappears in addition to what gilliam said.

Cliff Racer is not reflecting with AUI combat messages then. But it does with bear attacks. Odd.

Everybody's videos and suggestions date back to PTS as well...can anybody confirm without doubt that it does work with Cliff Racer? I'm not equipped with the right add ons to confirm.
    Edited by Spearblade on June 10, 2017 2:44AM
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Combat Metrics isn't showing it either...

WTB proof of it working that isn't from PTS. I really want this set to work, but I don't think it does.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭

yes it does.

Cliff Racer is not reflecting with AUI combat messages then. But it does with bear attacks. Odd.

Everybody's videos and suggestions date back to PTS as well...can anybody confirm without doubt that it does work with Cliff Racer? I'm not equipped with the right add ons to confirm.

then fix your aui. i see it on my floating combat text and it even has the name of the passive when it heals me after every clif racer fire.

you can also see it in the combat log if you are using FTC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom Arena sets do not drop with weapons. Apparently at one point pieces were sold in the vendor but has long since stopped.

If you see one, that's probably how it was obtained,. It's essentially impossible as far as I know to get any set (such as Winterborn) that drops in MA as a weapon
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

Bond with nature also works with the fletcherflies and the morphs (so when the swarm morph is used, you get a lot of healing)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point stands - does it (cliff racer) works with hunt leader?
    The passive was intentionally made to be working with all animals from the tree.
    Edited by SodanTok on June 10, 2017 9:57PM
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    The passive was intentionally made to be working with all animals from the tree.

answered 5th post down in this thread with video.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

answered 5th post down in this thread with video.

Oh, you should have make it more obvious you were wearing the set :D Non-existence of something is harder to see than existence. Glad that is cleared up and I dont have to go play vma.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    I am referring to HUNT LEADER, not Bond with Nature. I am well aware the cliff racer and friends proc Bond with Nature. My question, lies with Hunt Leader.

AUI and Combat Metrics shows me Bond with Nature, but not Hunt Leader.

HUNT LEADER (Maelstrom Medium set), is only appearing when I use the bear.

Is there perhaps a conflict with Bond with Nature and Hunt Leader? I don't recall how I tested the bear's ability to proc Hunt Leader.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am referring to HUNT LEADER, not Bond with Nature. I am well aware the cliff racer and friends proc Bond with Nature. My question, lies with Hunt Leader.

Is there perhaps a conflict with Bond with Nature and Hunt Leader? I don't recall how I tested the bear's ability to proc Hunt Leader.

No thats fine. Hunt leader is appearing only when using bear because bear is the only pet you actually have (and netch, but netch does no damage).
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭

No thats fine. Hunt leader is appearing only when using bear because bear is the only pet you actually have (and netch, but netch does no damage).

Okay, that is contrary to what big shots like Gilliam and Deltia claimed. Granted, I haven't seen anything from them since PTS, so...maybe it DID work with Cliff Racer, and doesn't now.

"Hunt Leader (Obtainable from normal or Veteran Maelstrom Arena) – While you might not boast the most damage in the world with this set, the 5 piece helps the Stamina Warden sustain their resources and healing tremendously. Since our spammable is considered a pet, the 5 piece will activate off cooldown, giving us a flood of Stamina and Health whenever it procs." -Deltia's Gaming, May 22nd.

Gilliam's video makes the claim verbally.
    Edited by Spearblade on June 12, 2017 2:29PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Okay, that is contrary to what big shots like Gilliam and Deltia claimed. Granted, I haven't seen anything from them since PTS, so...maybe it DID work with Cliff Racer, and doesn't now.

"Hunt Leader (Obtainable from normal or Veteran Maelstrom Arena) – While you might not boast the most damage in the world with this set, the 5 piece helps the Stamina Warden sustain their resources and healing tremendously. Since our spammable is considered a pet, the 5 piece will activate off cooldown, giving us a flood of Stamina and Health whenever it procs." -Deltia's Gaming, May 22nd.

Gilliam's video makes the claim verbally.

There were many undocumented changes on PTS during and since. If you used the set with cliff racer and no healing was in combat log then it does not work with it. Simple
    Edited by SodanTok on June 12, 2017 6:43PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta get to level 50 before I can put it on and test it.

I'm leaning towards yes, yes it does work.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afaik no vma set like hunt or winterborn drops weapons currently.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

This is true. Nor do they drop in Impenetrable trait
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

This is true. Nor do they drop in Impenetrable trait

You can get a glorious defender or permafrost shield in impen from rewards.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checking in... any update on if this works? was considering on building a hybrid with this set as a way to help me heal. (yes i am one of those people)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • KniteShayd
    KniteShayd
    ✭✭
    Ideally it should.
    I have the set waiting for me as well.
    Morrowind changes were supposed to make it proc for all warden summons, sorc summons, & nightblade's shade. Ideally it should proc with the Morkuldin set proc also.
    If none of the pet summons proc it, save bear - they either ninja nerfed it, or screwed/didn't complete the coding.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested, it does not work with dive Fletcher or Shalk
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 22, 2017 6:38AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds