The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Locked out of ESO

XanaX_Monster
Has anyone else gotten locked out of the game due to pre-ordered digital version of Morrowind?? My PS4 is telling me I can't launch ESO until the Morrowind release now, when I was online a few hours before.

Best Answer

• Gh0st71
    Gh0st71
    In before they lock this thread.
    Answer ✓
  • XanaX_Monster
    xwmctdfwhafu.jpg
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on Xbox was having the same problem last week: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343440/i-own-the-game-physical-disk-pre-ordered-morrowind-now-i-cant-play-at-all#latest

Edit: the OP in that thread isn't sure what fixed it. They tried calling customer support for Xbox and ESO, and a different person suggested that you might have purchased the wrong version of the Morrowind upgrade. Apparently one version of Morrowind includes the entire base game itself, and even the base game for that version will not be playable until the Morrowind release date.

I suggest you take out the original main game disc, turn off your PS4, boot it back up, insert that disc, and then try to play. Has anything worked for you yet?
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on June 4, 2017 7:15PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • XanaX_Monster
    Nothing has worked so far, and I have the digital version of the main game, so no such luck removing the disc. Also, I purchased the digital collectors edition of Morrowind not sure if that is the one that comes with the base game or not. Still showing a locked symbol and timer saying I cannot start the game
  • XanaX_Monster
    I read the other thread, and my issue is similar, except I own the digital version of the base game and I purchased Morrowind about 3 weeks ago the issue didn't happen until this morning around 4am. I was online, and got off to watch TV for a couple of hours, when I tried to get back on the game was locked and shows the timer for the Morrowind release. Unlike the other thread where the issue happened right after he bought the upgrade, I got Morrowind a long time ago and it was working just fine until this morning.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the digital ESO, and you bought the Digital Collector's Morrowind or the Digital Collector's Morrowind Upgrade? I'm assuming it's the former since the game is locked for you. I doubt that the upgrade version would lock it
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • XanaX_Monster
    That was a great question, I looked into the PlayStation store and my email confirmation for the pre-order to see for sure. The PlayStation store only has 2 options for pre-ordering Morrowind: the regular version and collectors edition. Both of these options include the base game, since obviously you need the base game to play it.

The other issue, is that, I was playing the game around 1am, got off and watched TV for a couple of hours, then it was locked at 4am. If I had just purchased the pre-order that would make sense but I bought it a few weeks ago.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe PlayStation only has the full game version and not any upgrades. It'd be the closest thing to an answer imo. As for the getting locked out? Honestly no clue, like maybe it's prepping the game and the system for the upgrade?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • XanaX_Monster
    I think you've got the issue nailed down, it seems the pre order copy is overwriting the original and trying to boot the Morrowind version. I did see a post of something similar involving a physical copy, but he says the issue resolved itself. I was just hopeful someone might know something I didn't :/