The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I own the game (physical disk) - pre ordered Morrowind - now I cant play at all

Kedoyn
Kedoyn
Soul Shriven
I own the game and have the physical disk in my xbox but after pre-ordering the digital copy of Morrowind whenever I try to launch the game I get the error: " You're too early...We know you really want to get started but you'll have to wait a bit longer"

Tried everything, rebooting the console, removing and reinserting the disk, etc. and nothing works.

I've been playing MMO's since everquest 1...I've never seen something this shoddy - the reward for giving them my money for a future release is to deny me from playing the game I already own and paid for?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your digital base game doesn't release until June 6th per what it says in the Xbox store.

You will need the disc until then, it's not shoddy, you just need to read the details
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 11, 2017 10:25PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Kedoyn
    Kedoyn
    Soul Shriven
    Your digital base game doesn't release until June 6th per what it says in the Xbox store.

You will need the disc until then, it's not shoddy, you just need to read the details

As I've already said: I have the disk...its inserted in the console...it still doesn't work...

In fact I have 2 disks (my wife owns the game) - the game launches fine for her with either disk so I know both disks are undamaged - and she can play the game just fine with the pre-order but I cant...with either disk
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kedoyn wrote: »

As I've already said: I have the disk...its inserted in the console...it still doesn't work...

In fact I have 2 disks (my wife owns the game) - the game launches fine for her with either disk so I know both disks are undamaged - and she can play the game just fine with the pre-order but I cant...with either disk

It sounds like one of you is the actual owner and not the other ....make sure you're not trying to game share with another console.

The disc acts as drm only. The sku you purchased however is a whole is a different game entirely so that could play into your issues. ZOS has their game set up different in terms of the different versions of eso ...

just buy the upgrade edition and ideally buy the basic game or gold version for yourself under your specific gamertag if you want digital access or wait til June and that may make you uninstall and re download the Morrowind game. That one prob has diff files as so much has changed in the base game so it would skip a lot of old stuff.

Go to manage the game and remove anything outside of the base game and your save data from the console and the cloud.

Start it up with the disc in while connected to Xbox live
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 12, 2017 11:15AM
  • Kedoyn
    Kedoyn
    Soul Shriven
    Why should I have to buy a 3rd copy of the base game just to be able to play the game I already own now (and bought years ago)? That makes no sense.

To be clear: I already own 2 copies of the game (one for my wife and one for me). Both are physical copies. Both have been legally paid for. I have 2 physical copies of the CD in my possession. We have been playing ESO (and been active ESO subscribers) for almost 2 years. We do not share an account nor share a disk nor share anything. We have been valid paying customers of ESO the entire time.

We both bought the Morrowind pre-order at the same time (our purchase transactions are 5 minutes apart). She can still launch and play the core game after her purchase but my game immediately failed to launch and tells me I have to wait to play.

I have swapped the CD's between our two consoles to confirm both CD's are still readable and in working order. I have also tested my consoles drive and it will recognize all my other game disks and also play movies, etc. with zero problems. So I know my console drive is also still working. But when I insert my ESO cd the game will not auto launch (all my other games will so yes auto launch in turned on and is confirmed to be working). And if I launch the game from the home screen with the CD already in the drive I get the 'you must wait' error

And the best suggestion I get for a fix is to simply buy even more copies of the game?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Flyers
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.. think people are confused with some of the stuff you are saying.
    I own the game and have the physical disk in my xbox

So.. you have the XBOX disk of the base ESO game in your Xbox, not the PC copy? Were you able to play it before you did the next thing you said?
    but after pre-ordering the digital copy of Morrowind whenever I try to launch the game I get the error: " You're too early...We know you really want to get started but you'll have to wait a bit longer"

You CANT have a digital copy of Morrowind. It wont be released on XBox until June 6th. Only PC guys will get it before then. And, there is NO hardcopy of a digital version.
    Tried everything, rebooting the console, removing and reinserting the disk, etc. and nothing works.

That should do exactly nothing for what you are saying.
    I've been playing MMO's since everquest 1...I've never seen something this shoddy - the reward for giving them my money for a future release is to deny me from playing the game I already own and paid for?

Something does not add up with what you are saying. Sorry.. Head to the top. Hit the account screen and make sure your pre-order is tied to your account. Then, hit the Support button and head to the Help section.

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should I have to buy a 3rd copy of the base game just to be able to play the game I already own now (and bought years ago)? That makes no sense.

To be clear: I already own 2 copies of the game (one for my wife and one for me). Both are physical copies. Both have been legally paid for. I have 2 physical copies of the CD in my possession. We have been playing ESO (and been active ESO subscribers) for almost 2 years. We do not share an account nor share a disk nor share anything. We have been valid paying customers of ESO the entire time.

We both bought the Morrowind pre-order at the same time (our purchase transactions are 5 minutes apart). She can still launch and play the core game after her purchase but my game immediately failed to launch and tells me I have to wait to play.

I have swapped the CD's between our two consoles to confirm both CD's are still readable and in working order. I have also tested my consoles drive and it will recognize all my other game disks and also play movies, etc. with zero problems. So I know my console drive is also still working. But when I insert my ESO cd the game will not auto launch (all my other games will so yes auto launch in turned on and is confirmed to be working). And if I launch the game from the home screen with the CD already in the drive I get the 'you must wait' error

And the best suggestion I get for a fix is to simply buy even more copies of the game?

No.. stop buying. Can your wife play her account on your XBox? In that case, contact XBox, they messed up something.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Just go to storage and clear local saved games and it will work
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just call Xbox support.....cause you're leaving out something very critical and we can't resolve this over the forums

Make sure to call support tho not chat with an Ambassador, actually call 1-8004myxbox
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 17, 2017 8:17PM
  • Kedoyn
    Kedoyn
    Soul Shriven
    Darlgon wrote: »

So.. you have the XBOX disk of the base ESO game in your Xbox, not the PC copy? Were you able to play it before you did the next thing you said?
    but after pre-ordering the digital copy of Morrowind whenever I try to launch the game I get the error: " You're too early...We know you really want to get started but you'll have to wait a bit longer"

You CANT have a digital copy of Morrowind. It wont be released on XBox until June 6th. Only PC guys will get it before then. And, there is NO hardcopy of a digital version.

Something does not add up with what you are saying. Sorry.. Head to the top. Hit the account screen and make sure your pre-order is tied to your account. Then, hit the Support button and head to the Help section.

Correct - I own 2 physical copies of the base ESO game for xbox. Yes I was able to play ESO prior to pre-ordering Morrowind (played it for over a year). I didn't say I already own a copy of Morrowind - I said I pre-ordered it. I get that it wont be available till June 6th but I'm saying that the act of pre-ordering has now prevented me from launching the base game and playing what I already own - its treating me like I know longer own the base game (despite that fact that I do)

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Correct - I own 2 physical copies of the base ESO game for xbox. Yes I was able to play ESO prior to pre-ordering Morrowind (played it for over a year). I didn't say I already own a copy of Morrowind - I said I pre-ordered it. I get that it wont be available till June 6th but I'm saying that the act of pre-ordering has now prevented me from launching the base game and playing what I already own - its treating me like I know longer own the base game (despite that fact that I do)

Going back to the simple answer.

1. Call Xbox support and cancel the pre order entirely. Trade both discs for an Xbox gift card
    2. Purchase the digital base game only for the one who game shares (then both of you own digital base game
    3. Pre order the upgrade only (both of you have to do so as dlc for this game can't be shared)
    4. Stop buying physical games if both of you play on different systems. Buy ONE digital copy and set home console for the person who doesn't own the game...that's where you set as Home console and don't change it.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 21, 2017 1:37AM
  • Twiztidrose
    It looks to me like you bought the wrong version of the game in the Xbox store. If you don't read carefully you could end up with the full version that has the ENTIRE game. Because it reads in the store that you wouldn't be able to play the main game until Morrowind releases as well. Not sure... but I think this might be your problem.
    Edited by Twiztidrose on May 30, 2017 6:06AM
    Xbox NA
    GT: Twiztid Rose
    Nord- Night Blade cp lvl 388- Daenaris Rose
    Redguard- stamdk lvl20- Octavia
  • Kedoyn
    Kedoyn
    Soul Shriven
    its fixed now - neither xbox nor eso support are claiming they changed anything (although I contacted both of them) but I can play now as long as my disk in in the drive
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    its fixed now - neither xbox nor eso support are claiming they changed anything (although I contacted both of them) but I can play now as long as my disk in in the drive

Do you have any clue as to what fixed it? Someone is having this same issue on PS4 today: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349590/locked-out-of-eso#latest
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton