The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unofficial Forum FAQ

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one ... get the rid of the constant notification to accept answers to a question that does not exist :neutral:
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also is there a list of all smiles aka emoticons somewhere?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kreatyve wrote: »
    Is there a list somewhere of all the forum moderators, ambassadors and staff? I haven't found one yet, and that might be helpful when you are new and wish to ping a moderator.

@Kreatyve

Ambassadors are community volunteers who have been "rewarded" for their helping the community, as recognized by ZoS. They have no power, little direct contact with anyone at ZoS, nor do they moderate anything, so pinging them is useless.

Moderators are ZoS staff, (Actually, I saw somewhere recently that they are outsourced), and have no contact with the development team. If you want to ping a moderator, that is what the "report" button is for on a post.

If you know who does what, you can ask or post and someone will ping them, as they appear on the ESO Live program and can "USUALLY" be found as you type an @ name of @ZOS. (Wrobel, SoundMaster and a few others I cant think of are the main exceptions.) If you want to contact the Dev Team, it is best to ping @ ZoS_GinaBruno or @ ZoS_JessicaFolsom, who will forward your information to the right person on the dev team and relay back any replies.
    Edited by Darlgon on June 3, 2017 12:02PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    This is great.
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this! I had made a post recently concerning how to use the forums, since I'm a noob to the forums. :lol: Was told everything was pretty self explanatory... Well, wasn't so helpful (though someone did give me some info on the things I wanted to explore most). This is exactly the info I needed. :heart:
    Edited by X_LadyPhoenix_X on June 3, 2017 1:23PM
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for a wonderfully helpful thread! I vote for pinning it up in the top section of this part of the forum. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might recommend, out of courtesy, to spoiler tag very large images. Those with cell phones on metered connections will appreciate it.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this isn't going to be pinned it's going to be buried fairly quickly though.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be pinned, also, who tf is deltia?
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe include a glossary of some of the more common terms that are used on the forum general internet terms like TL:DR or forum specific ones like pants notes - a casual forum user may not have a clue what is going on!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kreatyve wrote: »
    Is there a list somewhere of all the forum moderators, ambassadors and staff? I haven't found one yet, and that might be helpful when you are new and wish to ping a moderator.
    I can list what I know but it's far from complete and probably outdated. I'll try and do some research over the next week to get something compiled for MissBizz to update as this is a great idea.
    The Community Ambassadors have no actual powers or abilities though, it's just a nod from ZOS to note we're people who help the community by answering questions etc.

Just add the @ to tag them or type the name as below to mail them via the send mail page.

Forums Mods
    ZOS_BillE
    ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_AntonioP
    ZOS_RyanM
    ZOS_DaryaK (not seen active in a while)

Community Team
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_KaiSchober (German Community Team)

Developers
    ZOS_RichLambert (Lead Development [I forget his actual title])
    ZOS_BrianWheeler (Lead PvP)
    Wrobel (Lead Combat/Balance)
    ZOS_Finn (Lead Dungeons)
    Soundmaster (Music/Sound Dev)

Lore/Story
    Lawrence_Schick
    ZOS_ZebCook
    Edited by Turelus on June 4, 2017 5:52PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, to put it milldly I had a hectic weekend, will work on updating the OP today with all your fantastic suggestions!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you mention the numbers on each post in a thread? Useful to get the link to share in another thread.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was very useful, thanks!
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that jump from 3 stars to 4 and 5,6,7...Just curious can I get like 350 agrees on this comment, thanks.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of having Community Ambassadors if ZO$ do not even recognise their contributions such as this very useful thread by sticking it?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Participated" now on top header - yay! :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Missbizz for an awesome and insightful page :)
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was insightful thank you! I made a redundant poll and am wondering if there's any way to take it down?
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    why can't i find an 'official' thread stating the actual bbcode used for this forum? i'm actually having trouble posting stuff, things aren't working normally

it really looks like it is a broken bit of forum software they are using

someone post a link to an actual post that states the real forum software they are using and/or the real bbcode this forum accepts, or just say so and give us a link to whatever actual list exists elseweyr for such a list, such as whatever site hosts the information for the bit of forum software they are using, or whatever 'standard' it adheres to

obviously the simple things work like 'br' or 'img' or 'url' or combinations of, but there are issues; check some of my previous posts for a bit more info
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • Z3e08
    Z3e08
    Soul Shriven
    Makes sense thanks for the info definitely helps me understand how everything works a little better! :)