The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skill Point Exploit & Account Suspensions

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guildies all got unbanned. Had to poke around here and there, but at least justice came at last.
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Here is a ray of hope for you guys. They lifted my suspension after a thorough investigation.

Hopefully those of you who were suspended for unknowingly falling into this bug get the same treatment.
    Rogue78 wrote: »
    Unbanned again, next time please conduct that thorough investigation before blanket banning people.

Im curious, what lengths did you have to go to to get your accounts investigated further? I've yet to even hear anything back other than the robot auto-response telling me i was banned for getting more than one skill point.
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    Here is a ray of hope for you guys. They lifted my suspension after a thorough investigation.

Hopefully those of you who were suspended for unknowingly falling into this bug get the same treatment.
    Unbanned again, next time please conduct that thorough investigation before blanket banning people.

Im curious, what lengths did you have to go to to get your accounts investigated further? I've yet to even hear anything back other than the robot auto-response telling me i was banned for getting more than one skill point.

This, they havent even responded to my 2nd ticket after it was escalated.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I didn't submit a ticket. All I did was post in here. I did send an email responding to the account ban email. But I doubt that was what warranted further investigation.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I didn't submit a ticket. All I did was post in here. I did send an email responding to the account ban email. But I doubt that was what warranted further investigation.

Happy for u man, thanks for answering! Go have fun
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭

In this situation, I'd have to assume they are basically investigating all of them. There's probably some sort of default sort, ie investigate alphabatically by account name, or investigate based on the order the appeals came in, or whatever.

No zos names are showing up in this thread, but you can be fairly sure they are reading it, and what's being said is being passed along to the enforcement team.
    Edited by out51d3r on June 2, 2017 9:47PM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received word this morning that I've been unbanned as well. Hopefully all the rest of you who were innocently caught up in this will receive the same result.

If it helps anyone, I had replied to the automated 'suspension denied' email, stating my case and including the ticket number of my initial bug report.

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good to hear. Hopefully more will be lifted for those that unknowingly stumbled onto this.
  • Moi_523
    Moi_523
    ✭✭✭
    Well they just sent me the canned response and didn't even answer my actual question as to what they were doing with any points i gained in meantime. We just went in there because it was the last public dungeon i needed achievements in and my BF's brother is a new player so he joined us and we were getting him XP and gear. so yes we did kill that boss and every boss in that dungeon multiple times. Take the skill points away I didn't need them, i was just AP hunting and helping a new player get XP and gear. Other then the very obvious canned response i have gotten no actual help from them. I did see people in there camping the boss and I'm sure they got a lot of skill points...those are the ones that were actually EXPLOITING. But running through all the bosses in 1 dungeon multiple times is not exploiting, its called farming. I guess i am guilty of not reporting the bug or the people camping but reporting abusive players/bots has never seemed to matter to them in the past so why would i think this is any different?

• DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did u guys get an email saying u were unsuspended?
    No word at all yet. Done checking for the night at this point
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »

Did u guys get an email saying u were unsuspended?
    No word at all yet. Done checking for the night at this point

Nope, I have not :( my friend whom I discovered the exploit with and reported it with (literally did the exact same thing I did) is unbanned however. Seems like an automated unbanning response mail that most are getting
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    out51d3r wrote: »
    It's very appropriate to susuoenc accounts for 3 days due to the abuse of this glitch.

Many didn't innocently farm the skill points without noticing and I expect this banned went well behind hitting the boss a couple or three times.

Zos, great job.

Keep reading the thread dude. Somebody who reported it as soon as he noticed it, and didn't repeat the bug, got suspended. He even provided evidence that he reported it and got suspended anyway. This isn't a clean ban wave, at all.

We are just taking his word that he didn't exploit the heck out of this.

She didn't. I know as I was the friend with her. We both reported it as soon as we realised and then left the dungeon.

But then we are just taking your word for it.
  • Moi_523
    Moi_523
    ✭✭✭
    It's very appropriate to susuoenc accounts for 3 days due to the abuse of this glitch.

Many didn't innocently farm the skill points without noticing and I expect this banned went well behind hitting the boss a couple or three times.

Zos, great job.

Keep reading the thread dude. Somebody who reported it as soon as he noticed it, and didn't repeat the bug, got suspended. He even provided evidence that he reported it and got suspended anyway. This isn't a clean ban wave, at all.

She didn't. I know as I was the friend with her. We both reported it as soon as we realised and then left the dungeon.

Well they got un-banned so i guess ZOS took their word for it too huh?
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    EVERYONE can enter in contact with support and talk about your situation in game. ZOS not banned people cause is a 'devil' or whatever. Explain your situation, some eventually misled and everyone can reach a reasonable agreement.
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭

I provided evidence of my report of the exploit, and zos are more than able to check my skill point gain themselves. Not sure why you feel like everyone labelled guilty in this matter needs to prove themselves to you
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 days, oooo scary...*sarcasm*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »
    EVERYONE can enter in contact with support and talk about your situation in game. ZOS not banned people cause is a 'devil' or whatever. Explain your situation, some eventually misled and everyone can reach a reasonable agreement.

No they cannot. People from Australia do not have a toll-free number they can call to contact a human. They are left at the mercy and convenience of their incompetent staff that I believe are ran by robots that are powered by handicapped and malnutritioned hamsters
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Juli'St wrote: »

No they cannot. People from Australia do not have a toll-free number they can call to contact a human. They are left at the mercy and convenience of their incompetent staff that I believe are ran by robots that are powered by handicapped and malnutritioned hamsters

So far any response I have received from zos on the matter has been an automated one
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I provided evidence of my report of the exploit, and zos are more than able to check my skill point gain themselves. Not sure why you feel like everyone labelled guilty in this matter needs to prove themselves to you

ZOS is terrible at preventing cheating, and even worse at letting cheaters get off easy. I just believe it when people say they didn't do anything.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    Sorry. But i paid to play a triple A mmo title. I shouldnt have to check forums every day b4 i log in and see wat i should and shouldnt do, or wat bug zos failed to fix b4 it hit live.
    I logged in. I farmed gear for my lowbie to pvp in kyne with. Was there maybe a half hour. Hit that boss along with 3 others in a 5 min rotation about 4-6 times before i left and went straight to pvp.
    I was there for gear, not skillpoints. I wasnt paying enough attention bc i was too busy looking at the gear i was getting so i could go pvp asap. Regardless theres nothing wrong with farming bosses, and its not like i sat there just hitting one boss for the skillpoint, i was farming 4 bosses and this boss was one of those. i wasnt even aware i was getting the xtra skillpoints. Ive already completed all the quests from dc/ad and was in the 2nd to last ep zone. I have over 200 skillpoints i got legit but bc i soent 30min grinding gear i got suspended.
    For zos' f up. Not mine.

It is hard to believe someone that kept fighting the boss failed to notice getting skill point after skill point each time. Zos did right and merely a 3 day suspension is very light.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how any of you can justify punishing somebody that has proven they reported this bug. It's straight up wrong, not to mention stupid, to punish somebody who did exactly what they are supposed to do when they found an exploitable bug.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see how any of you can justify punishing somebody that has proven they reported this bug. It's straight up wrong, not to mention stupid, to punish somebody who did exactly what they are supposed to do when they found an exploitable bug.

I am beyond outraged at this. This is totally unacceptable behavior for a professional company.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they got 1 or 2 extra skill points, then reported. That is one thing. If they hung around and got multiple skill points, that is still exploiting, even if they reported it. Just because someone went ahead and got an alibi, they can still be actively exploiting a bug.

• out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they got 1 or 2 extra skill points, then reported. That is one thing. If they hung around and got multiple skill points, that is still exploiting, even if they reported it.

Thank you for this, you just jogged my memory.

Everybody who got suspended and then had it lifted, you should do the math and figure out exactly how many skill points earned you that punishment and post it here, so the community can judge just how fair this punishment was. Hopefully some of you will remember exactly how many you had before this, and can compare to how many you have now.

• charlie_delta
    charlie_delta
    ✭✭✭
    Not someone that was banned. Just gotta say after reading this thread that I have no faith in the management of this company. So many bugs and crappy things in this game for a AAA title.
    The manner in which this situation was handled shows it's being run by incompetent people and until that changes this game is always going to fall short of the brilliance it almost achieves.

To get to this point shows a failure not only in the technical process of determining who an exploiter is but a management process failure by greenlighting the bans without proper review.
    It should never happen and explains alot about the state of the game in general.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS don't have the guts to ban players as they need to retain them to keep the game going as I believe ZoS are in a very tight spot now.

I'll repeat this again. Exploits and such will always have a place in the game because ZoS are afraid of decreasing playerbase which = decrease in revenue. Pathetic.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on June 3, 2017 10:04AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you not know you are exploiting a bug when skill points keep popping up? I'm confused here so enlighten me. I don't play on pc anymore since the transfer, but was this only happening on pc?
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it can be used in-game, then it isn't cheating.

If an error is AVAILABLE in game - then hire more people to create a higher quality product in the first place
    Revise your procedures before releasing flawed software and don't penalise players who used the product AS IT WAS DELIVERED.

It would be more appropriate to suspend your staff without pay for three day.
    How is this not obvious to you? Why is this the player's fault?

I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regrettably my guild has now lost one of it's senior members over this :(

A good person who was most upset to be accused of being intentionally dishonest and now no longer feels happy or comfortable being in Tamriel. Someone who had been a fellow traveller since 2015.

One good person lost without need is far too many.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Arch_White
    Arch_White
    ✭✭
    Still waiting on a reply since the auto message.
    Biggest scrub EU