The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire Lord Form?

Dane450b16_ESO
Dane450b16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Its been years, and vampire has been virtually untouched, and Vampire Lord was out before this game even came out....

Any plans at all to get Vamp lord as a vampire transformation? cuz right now vampire is just alot of passives...
latest?cb=20120629135238

• GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer not having a Vampire Lord form. I like how Vampire works right now and I keep my characters as Stage 3 for that sweet Undeath. I'm definitely open to changes for the Vampire skill line, mostly in the way of more interesting active abilities, but I'm not terribly interested in a transformation. Besides, isn't the Vampire Lord something tied to Harkon's bloodline in the lore? We're all part of Lamae's bloodline.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Dane450b16_ESO
    Dane450b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'd prefer not having a Vampire Lord form. I like how Vampire works right now and I keep my characters as Stage 3 for that sweet Undeath. I'm definitely open to changes for the Vampire skill line, mostly in the way of more interesting active abilities, but I'm not terribly interested in a transformation. Besides, isn't the Vampire Lord something tied to Harkon's bloodline in the lore? We're all part of Lamae's bloodline.

Perhaps a new form? Or atleast... Something a bit more fun, Vampire right now is just passives...
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a costume a while back? It would be fun to see more costumes for it.
    "You can have fun or you can have safety, but you can't have them both"
    -A ten-year-old
  • Dane450b16_ESO
    Dane450b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Attackfrog wrote: »
    Wasn't there a costume a while back? It would be fun to see more costumes for it.

Costumes don't reallt change mechanics of a a morph that is just passives.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is in a really good place today, I wouldn't add further perks to it
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why add vampire lord, vampires seem fine where they are to me. Even in lore they are a very small exclusive group. I don't think they would fit into the game and I don't see why they're needed other then because they exist and because we can.
  • Josh-laaa
    Josh-laaa
    Soul Shriven
    Would love to see vampire lord added. With new skills and quests. Just make it have a massive penalty somehow so that there arent hundreds of people running around in VL Form at all times.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/njEwh9wxOGA

What do yall think.......is it real?!?!

EDIT: THIS IS A VIDEO CLICK ON PICTURE TO WATCH.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343587/video-of-possible-vampire-lord-skill-line
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Reckquiem
    Reckquiem
    ✭✭
    As cool as it would be to have it in ESO. Like people above have said it doesn't really fit into the lore and doesn't really need it. Although the passives are good I wouldn't mind some changes to the vampire active skills. I'm not really compelled to use them as there always feels to be something I could use better in it's place.
  • Dane450b16_ESO
    Dane450b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Reckquiem wrote: »
    As cool as it would be to have it in ESO. Like people above have said it doesn't really fit into the lore and doesn't really need it. Although the passives are good I wouldn't mind some changes to the vampire active skills. I'm not really compelled to use them as there always feels to be something I could use better in it's place.

its becuase vampire is only good for its passives. as actual game play its none existant. maybe a lore friendly transformation for the Vampire Lord that we are apart of?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will probably get a costume like werewolf did . I have to get that again on Skyrim remastered . It's so cool .
  • Reckquiem
    Reckquiem
    ✭✭
    Yeah I like the idea of a costume that makes us look pretty bad arse
  • Morlac90
    Morlac90
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, they could totally make it work in the game with lore and mechanics.

Lore:
    According to ES wiki sources, Vampire Lords were of the 1st and 2nd generation or basically pure blooded vampires and I believe that as long as a vampire is of pure blood as mentioned before, they essentially were already vampire lords. Seriously, nobody would seem to think that Lamae could potentially transform into a Lord even though she is just as pure blooded as Harkon and his family? Given this line of reasoning and the fact that Lamae HERSELF has to give you HER blood in order to turn the player into her SCION due to the soulless nature of the player's character at the time of infection with the disease, (it is explained in game to you that you had 1 week to actually progress the infection to full vampirism otherwise it would pass from your body since you have no soul), that would mean the player is technically only 1 generation under Lamae who i presume is considered 1st generation so the case could be made that the player could somehow learn how to harness their 2nd generation vampire lord power.

Mechanics:
    How would it work in game, you ask? Well, since the player is considered still less powerful as Lamae, perhaps the vampire lord form could be in strength more like a lesser version of the vampire lord, but it would still allow for some slight expansion of the skill line for vampires (still sucks to only have 2 abilities and an ultimate and the drain isnt even all that good compared to all the other ways of healing or channeled damage).

Of course, like Werewolf, the transformation could very easily be on a timer that could be refilled from feeding on fallen enemies. Getting down on all fours like the werewolf would probably be a bit dumb and since vampires are more magical based creatures, the animation could be more in the line of extending out the hand and sucking the life blood out of dead enemies to refill the transform timer.

Obviously this type of powerful transformation should have its downsides like werewolf form does. Perhaps having all the stage 3 good passives like Undeath and 10% recovery but stage 3 or 4 health regeneration and fire damage vulnerability while in lord form regardless of current humanoid form vampire stage. Maybe even reduced effectiveness of other players healing you, forcing you to rely on your self healing/lifesteal as a vampire lord. You are, after all, changing form to become more powerful so there should be a hike in the possible downsides for balance purposes.

New abilties:
    The form could also change the basic attacks of the vampire lord to maybe claw attacks or the ranged blood magic attack or perhaps, light attacks claws and heavy attacks being ranged blood attacks? Ranged blood attack could either be just damage or perhaps damage with Minor Lifesteal back to the player. This would be one way to bring something unique to the table. Just a thought thats all.

Now, since a transform like this would almost certainly be an ultimate, given the strength that the ability would prbably bring with it, bat swarm could be totally reworked to be an aoe damage over time field that costs magicka but is still centered around the player. one of the morphs could turn it into a targeted aoe damage over time placed on the ground.

A new melee ability could be added to help not have stamina players feeling left out of using vampire abilities (since all current ones are best used by magicka based characters). it could be a powerful claw attack similar to what vampire bloodfiends do to you except perhaps have initial and damage over time perhaps. it could have a stamina morph that turns it into either physical or disease damage and a magicka morph that adds a small heal over time based on damage done.

the vampire's natural connection to oblivion could result in having a summoning ability i think also. like a weak gargoyle or zombie?

last idea for abilities i have is to allow access to the phase lunge that bloodfiends also do and give it some unique morphs.

Even if Vampire Lord transformation is never viable for player access, getting a few more abilities to fill out the woefully small ability selection on the vampire skill line wouldnt be a game breaking thing if done properly, and I think even a few of these changes would fill out and open up more play options centered around the vampire skill line.

Any other ideas?